Why do you like the Millennium?

JAMS1

Next spring we will be taking our first Celebrity cruise on the Millennium.

We chose this cruise for the price, itinerary and to try a new ship & cruise line.

Those of you who have been on the Millennium please tell me what you love about the ship & what not to miss, and are there any secrets we should know, like how to get out on the bow.

Thank you

Next spring we will be taking our first Celebrity cruise on the Millennium.

We chose this cruise for the price, itinerary and to try a new ship & cruise line.

Those of you who have been on the Millennium please tell me what you love about the ship & what not to miss, and are there any secrets we should know, like how to get out on the bow.

Thank you

We really like this class of ship before it is Solsticized, it is very well laid out. The Martini bar was very large, lots of places to dance. just depends what you are looking for. The only time we have ever been on the bow of the ship was going thru the Panama Canal. As it is actually behind the Celebrity Theater. The other good thing about this ship is you can actually walk all around the whole length of the ship. You will have a great cruise.

Loved the Cosmos which is up forward and great views on each side. Great place to play cards and socialize.

As to our favorite thing about Milennium, its the Solarium T-Spa. Warm Saltwater inside pool up forward. Lots of water action, can swim (slowly) in place. Water jets to work your shoulders. And has steel rods on the side that form lounges you lay on and bubbles come up through -fantastic. We get an fwd SR and zip up every morning to enjoy. There is the Aqua Cafe there that is light eating for breakfast and lunch up to about 4pm i think. Excellent quality.

And the Cova Cafe is a great place to have a special coffee and free pastries. Near enough to the Internet to get a signal and use a mini-laptop on the cafe tables there. Afternoons and evenings they have music groups - string quartets and singers.

Have a great cruise. we are on Her this Sep for a West Coast Wine Cruise. we love the M-Class!

Denny

The "informal tea" from 4pm - 5pm in the buffet area. Although we had a butler who would come by our cabin with the tea cart, it was more fun to pick out little sandwiches and pastries from the larger selection. Although we never ate dinner there, there are magnificent aft views from the back of the buffet area and we sat there a few times and relaxed after our early dinner seating.

Also in the buffet area, the ice cream. It was more the consistency of gelato and had some interesting flavors every day. My favorites were the cinnamon and the ginger.

I wouldn't miss the naturalist lectures, especially if it's Milos. We really enjoyed listening to him, funny and very interesting (ever wonder how the moon was formed??).

The Cosmos nightclub has fantastic views forward, but it was a little too smoky for us.

I enjoyed trying all the different wines by the glass and was surprisingly impressed by the one tasting I went to. I would definitely attend more of those.

The breakfasts at Aquaspa were just right - after gorging ourselves at the buffet other mornings, it was nice to just have the parfait and better-than-average coffee. Everyone talks about the t-pool there, but I actually got a bigger kick out of the sauna with a porthole that gave us amazing views and soothing music. Since it was a bit chilly, being an Alaskan cruise, the Sauna really warmed me up.

We like the Millie and her sister ship the Constellation for several reasons but first and foremost we like these ships because of the balconies.

The aft facing CC & FV cabins on decks 7, 8 and 9 have huge balconies. The balconies on Deck 7 are the largest with the balconies getting somewhat smaller as you go up each deck. The CC cabin decks on 7 are also partially covered so you can have the best of all worlds. One-third of the deck nearest the cabin has a hard roof, the next one-third has a canvas roof and the rearmost one-third is open. If it rains you can duck as far back as necessary and still enjoy the balcony. Incidentally you can hear the live entertainment in the aft bar on deck 10 from these balconies without it being intrusive.

Likewise there are a couple of SS cabins that have more cabin space and larger balconies than their counterparts do, namely 6131 and 6132. 6145 and 6146 are also more desireable because they have a somewhat fancier interior than their counterparts.

We also like the size of the Millineum class ships. For us they are just right - not too small and not too large. Almost all of the amenities found on the larger =X= ships are also on the Mille and the Connie.

Previous posters have pretty much covered our favorite places to hang out. The two that I will mention again are the Cova Cafe and the aft bar on Deck 10. The Cova Cafe is simply a warm & cozy place to hangout. The bar on Deck 10 is another great place to spend time. They have a guitar/vocalist performing there in the late afternoon. Good variety of music while sipping a favorite adult beverage and watching the sun go down. We always had a contest to see who would be the first to spot the steam cloud when the edge of the sun finally met the ocean. Wish I were doing that right now.

Hope this is helpful. Enjoy that next cruise on the Mille. She's a great ship.

:):):)

Posted this info on another thread recently, but if you are looking at the Millennium and a nice balcony, here is a list of the special ones - I can't vouch for all the info but have stayed in a few of the forward angled verandas:

Each of the following cabins on the Millennium Class ships (Millennium, Infinity, Constellation, Summit) has some particular benefit over its peers of the same class -- most often an oversized veranda, sometimes larger cabin or nicer decor. Not all of these differences are accurately reflected in any known deck plans.

S1 - 6131,6132,6145,6146

C1 – 9201,9164,9162,9160 (Stern cabins)

C2 - 9043,9038,(fwd angled triangle veranda)

C1 - 8185,8176,8172,8170 (Stern Cabins)

C2 – 8045,8046 (fwd angled triangle verandas)

C1 - 7203,7212,7208,7206 (Stern Cabins)

C1 - 6135,6136,6143,6144 (Stern Cabins)

2A-7049,7080,7163,7166,7171,7173,7175,7177,7174,7176, 7178,7180

2B - 9173,9138,8161,8146,6053,6048

2C - 6016,6018,6020,6021,6022,6023,6024,6025,6026,6027, 6029,6030,6031,6033,6035,

The “Great” Rooms with larger balconies: People love the aft-facing staterooms (8170, 8172, 8176, & 8185) for the views of the wake and super-large balconies. 8045 & 8046 with larger “triangle shaped” balconies are also popular. Book these if you can! But what if they are already gone…..?

Best standard (non-adjoining) CC Cabins: 8072, 8074, 8076, 8078, 8080, 8082, 8084, & 8086 (starboard side): Good mid-ship location and non-adjoining (no interior door to the neighboring room which some complain can be the source of noise/light from the next cabin). So, why are they good? Because the inside cabins that appear directly across the hall on the deck plan are NOT really there. Well, of course they’re there, but you would never know it! Their doors all open to the opposite (port side) hall (note they all have odd cabin numbers). So there is nothing (no cabins or service areas) opposite these CC Cabins across the hall …nothing but a hallway wall.

Also good (on the port side) are 8075, 8079, 8083, 8087, 8091, 8095 & 8099: These have the same good mid-ship location & are non-adjoining, you just have a neighbor across the hall. Very good rooms to book.

Need an adjoining room? Look to book 8114, 8116, 8118, 8120, 8122, 8124, 8126, 8128, 8130, 8132, & 8134 (Starboard side): Good mid-ship adjoining rooms. Also, there also are no entrances to the “crew only” area (the large white blank space on the deck plan) across the hall anywhere in this block of cabins!

Location of Crew-Only Service Doors: I like to avoid cabins across from doors to crew-only areas (ie food prep facilities, freight elevators, mechanical equipment etc). They can be the source of noise and/or additional activity. If that matters to you, note that doors to the crew-only areas (shown as white blank space on the deck plans) are located approximately opposite the following CC cabins:

Starboard side: 8052, 8060, 8066 8090 8138, 8150 & 8176 (aft cabin)

Port Side: 8047, 8065, 8069, 8107, 8109, 8115, 8141, & 8145

Rooms to Avoid:

8094, 8096, 8111, & 8115 – Partially obstructed by the dreaded window washing equipment. NOTE: Cabins affected by the window washing equipment vary by ship. These are the rooms on Constellation ONLY. For other M-Class ships check the deck plan listed “obstructed view” rooms to avoid.

8102 & 8108 – listed as “obstructed view”, small balcony, & windows of suite next door look onto balcony.

8047 & 8048 – less private balcony which is visable from the angled balcony of the neighboring room. (reported as such, but my experience is unless you lean over the neighboring balcony (8045/8046), you can’t see into these as being reported here).

We just sailed on the Solstice and the whole time we kept saying we liked the Millie and Connie better. The just seemed more elegant to us. The speciality restaurant on both ships was fantastic.

I am so excited, it's going to be hard to wait a year, OMG

TA, called yesterday and said we have cabin #8046 with the larger balcony!!!

DH loves to go outside on the balcony.

Now time to focus on what to see in each port. Love discovering new places to see

Thank you all again for you ideas, discovering the Millennium is going to be lots of fun!

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks everyone for your insight, great overviews and very exciting. Denny your overview by cabin number was fantastic.We are travelling with Jams1 in May 2001 and will be in cabin 8095 and from your post, it sounds divine

Cheers

Thanks everyone for your insight, great overviews and very exciting. Denny your overview by cabin number was fantastic.We are travelling with Jams1 in May 2001 and will be in cabin 8095 and from your post, it sounds divine

Cheers

Hi, I hope you meant to say May 2011:D

Wow! Where do you find all of that information? That is amazing. We are doing the Millie 9/9/2011 Pacific Coast. Our second time on Millie and we really like the MClass. We wanted an aft but man they are impossible to come by. We have 9038. I think we will like it but I'm still going to keep checking for an aft. My husband is pretty low maintenance but he said he would like to do the aft so I'm going to hope I get to surprise him with one before the cruise.

Linda

Millennium is my favorite cruise ship! The 3 story lobby has a beautifully illuminated grand staircase. Just walking around the ship makes you feel like you are in a high-end hotel. Service is great, food is great. The T-Pool is excellent and free. There is a decent amount of deck-space for lounging by the pool. I have never been on a Solstice ship (plan to eventually), but I kind of wish they kept the Millennium exactly the way it is. You will love the ship! Don't go looking for a wild party though!

Never have sailed on the Mille but did two in a row, a few years back on the Summit and one on the Connie. Absolutely love the M class ships. Loved the T-Pool, huge martini bar, and butler service. We had a sky suite that was adjacent to the penthouse suite. This sky suite was designed to be an extra room for the penthouse. The bathroom was absolutely to die for. One other thing that I truly enjoy on the M class ships is the specialty dining. The Normandie and Ocean Liners restaurants are the best specialty dining venues out there. Superb food and service that is over the top good.

While my last three cruises have been on princess (itinerary based), along with the next one as well, I hope to one day return to X for another great cruise.....:):):)

Bob

We have only sailed on C-class, M-class, and the old Hori-Zen ships. Compared to those ships, we liked Millennium because:

1. FV cabins (uniquely large with balcony and affordable for families).

2. spacious Fun Factory facilities.

3. mid-ship glass elevators that look out over the port side.

4. specialty restaurant.

Posted this info on another thread recently, but if you are looking at the Millennium and a nice balcony, here is a list of the special ones - I can't vouch for all the info but have stayed in a few of the forward angled verandas:

Each of the following cabins on the Millennium Class ships (Millennium, Infinity, Constellation, Summit) has some particular benefit over its peers of the same class -- most often an oversized veranda, sometimes larger cabin or nicer decor. Not all of these differences are accurately reflected in any known deck plans.

S1 - 6131,6132,6145,6146

C1 – 9201,9164,9162,9160 (Stern cabins)

C2 - 9043,9038,(fwd angled triangle veranda)

C1 - 8185,8176,8172,8170 (Stern Cabins)

C2 – 8045,8046 (fwd angled triangle verandas)

C1 - 7203,7212,7208,7206 (Stern Cabins)

C1 - 6135,6136,6143,6144 (Stern Cabins)

2A-7049,7080,7163,7166,7171,7173,7175,7177,7174,7176, 7178,7180

2B - 9173,9138,8161,8146,6053,6048

2C - 6016,6018,6020,6021,6022,6023,6024,6025,6026,6027, 6029,6030,6031,6033,6035,

The “Great” Rooms with larger balconies: People love the aft-facing staterooms (8170, 8172, 8176, & 8185) for the views of the wake and super-large balconies. 8045 & 8046 with larger “triangle shaped” balconies are also popular. Book these if you can! But what if they are already gone…..?

Best standard (non-adjoining) CC Cabins: 8072, 8074, 8076, 8078, 8080, 8082, 8084, & 8086 (starboard side): Good mid-ship location and non-adjoining (no interior door to the neighboring room which some complain can be the source of noise/light from the next cabin). So, why are they good? Because the inside cabins that appear directly across the hall on the deck plan are NOT really there. Well, of course they’re there, but you would never know it! Their doors all open to the opposite (port side) hall (note they all have odd cabin numbers). So there is nothing (no cabins or service areas) opposite these CC Cabins across the hall …nothing but a hallway wall.

Also good (on the port side) are 8075, 8079, 8083, 8087, 8091, 8095 & 8099: These have the same good mid-ship location & are non-adjoining, you just have a neighbor across the hall. Very good rooms to book.

Need an adjoining room? Look to book 8114, 8116, 8118, 8120, 8122, 8124, 8126, 8128, 8130, 8132, & 8134 (Starboard side): Good mid-ship adjoining rooms. Also, there also are no entrances to the “crew only” area (the large white blank space on the deck plan) across the hall anywhere in this block of cabins!

Location of Crew-Only Service Doors: I like to avoid cabins across from doors to crew-only areas (ie food prep facilities, freight elevators, mechanical equipment etc). They can be the source of noise and/or additional activity. If that matters to you, note that doors to the crew-only areas (shown as white blank space on the deck plans) are located approximately opposite the following CC cabins:

Starboard side: 8052, 8060, 8066 8090 8138, 8150 & 8176 (aft cabin)

Port Side: 8047, 8065, 8069, 8107, 8109, 8115, 8141, & 8145

Rooms to Avoid:

8094, 8096, 8111, & 8115 – Partially obstructed by the dreaded window washing equipment. NOTE: Cabins affected by the window washing equipment vary by ship. These are the rooms on Constellation ONLY. For other M-Class ships check the deck plan listed “obstructed view” rooms to avoid.

8102 & 8108 – listed as “obstructed view”, small balcony, & windows of suite next door look onto balcony.

8047 & 8048 – less private balcony which is visable from the angled balcony of the neighboring room. (reported as such, but my experience is unless you lean over the neighboring balcony (8045/8046), you can’t see into these as being reported here).

PLease tell me more about 8161 On the deck plan it seems bigger

MILLIE

Is it really or just odd shaped

Thanks

The Millie is a great ship in so many ways starting with the elegant Olympic Restaurant.

The Millie was the flagship M class ship and will remain that way in my mind.

We really like the different venues on the ship including the Aquaspa Cafe, the Cova and its nightly entertainment.

The FV Rooms are such a great deal if available.

We have always found the crew and staff on the Millie excellent. We felt the same way about the Zenith's crew and staff. Been on the S class ships but IMO the attitudes on the Millie are far better.

We will book her again in the future hopefully.

Spence

• 2 weeks later...

We are so excited!!

its 10 months away and you all have heightened our excitement and assured us we made the right choice in choosing the Millennium as our first Celebrity cruise ship!

Now the rest of the planning! San Francisco, Yosemite, Portland, Seattle, Vancouver, Victoria, Lake Louise & Banf - whoohoo!

Got to show off North America to the Australians

• 4 months later...

Archived