Price reduction

jackdiamond

We just received a $950.00, price reduction on AQ for an April 2011 Equinox cruise.

Thanks for this post.

I called and my cruise category was also eligible for a price drop.

Really appreciate you helping me save money!

Judy

The price on our cruise just went up, there was a promo where the balcony was the same as the oceanview. That went away recently. I hope they don't try to pass that on.

The price for the Aqua cabins on our cruise were just reduced by $800.00 per cabin. We are sailing on the Equinox 11-Day Ultimate Carribean Cruise on March 21, 2011. We had a C3 cabin, and grabbed an Aqua "hump" cabin for an additional $200.00. We were originally in an A1 cabin, but moved to the C3 cabin after the first price reduction (the C3 cabin was $500.00 less than the A1 cabin). If there are further reductions, we'll be knocking on our agent's door again. It feels as though we're playing "musical cabins" - our agent has been great and quickly makes the changes for us.

This isn't fair!! my cruise price didn't go down - I know it's pretty well sold out and there are 3 inside cabins left, but since you got discounts, I should get one too! This is discrimination, this isn't American (well, maybe it is exactly American!), this isn't Right!!! I'm mad and I'm not going to take this anymore!!!!!

Oh, you mean I have to be on Your cruise to get these discounts.....OK, forget this post.

Denny

How can you tell if there's been a drop? Do you just go to Celebrity's site and plug in your cruise's info as if you are a new customer and see what's listed? Sorry if this is a dumb question. We're first-timers cruising Solstice in October and I'd *love* a price drop. I've been doing that on X's site every so often and so far the price listed (which is higher than we paid because our TA had a group rate) hasn't budged.

How can you tell if there's been a drop? Do you just go to Celebrity's site and plug in your cruise's info as if you are a new customer and see what's listed? Sorry if this is a dumb question. We're first-timers cruising Solstice in October and I'd *love* a price drop. I've been doing that on X's site every so often and so far the price listed (which is higher than we paid because our TA had a group rate) hasn't budged.

There are a few tools that some people use to 'track' their cruise and price drops, but I do pretty much what you are describing. I add my cruise to My Favorites, then I cook on 'Book It' and pretend I'm making a reservation and check the prices. That works and is pretty straight forward.

Denny

The price for the Aqua cabins on our cruise were just reduced by $800.00 per cabin. We are sailing on the Equinox 11-Day Ultimate Carribean Cruise on March 21, 2011.

Has anyone had any experience with getting a price drop after booking with an online agency?

You can generally still get the price drop if booked with an online TA but most online agents don't provide the level of service required to actively check each customer's reservation and apply the price drop.

As an example, I had made a reservation for an Ocean View on the 12/26/10 sailing of the Summit out of San Juan for $1,249pp back in February. Two weeks ago I transferred (actually cancelled and rebooked) with an online TA and decided to move to a C3 with $200 OBC and dinner for 2 in Normandie for $1,399pp. Then last week there was a price drop on C3's for this sailing to $1,259pp. I quickly emailed the TA and received an email back that afternoon that the price had been adjusted on my reservation and would be reflected in the final amount due.

So essentially for $20, my wife an I went from an Ocean View to Concierge Class got $200 OBC and a free dinner in Normandie. Overall, it was a pretty amazing "upgrade".

Has anyone had any experience with getting a price drop after booking with an online agency?

Indirectly. We booked on board but transferred the booking to an online TA. When there was a price drop, we had the option of taking the lower price, but the OBC bonus we were getting from the TA would have been reduced. It's only fair, as it's based on the total cruise price and their commission. Our TA does not charge for making changes, but beware, others do. As it turned out, we just switched to a higher class cabin for the same price.

Quite good news for you! Unfortunately my 7 night on Eclipse in AQ on 3/19/2011 has NOT had a price drop. I wonder why demand for April would be more soft than March.

We just received a $950.00, price reduction on AQ for an April 2011 Equinox cruise.

I have never had any issue getting a price adjustments with my on line agencies. I also make sure that they do not have a cancellation or change fee before I book or otherwise I do not book with them. From my experience many of the "on line agency" are not 100% on line, so I should point out that mine were found on line.

Quite good news for you! Unfortunately my 7 night on Eclipse in AQ on 3/19/2011 has NOT had a price drop. I wonder why demand for April would be more soft than March.

I think because the 2 cruises are 10 or 11 days and the ports may not appeal to everyone for the 11 day.

Judy

I called my TA for the price drop of my cruise & she adjusted the price of my Balcony by $200 pp. It was a Balcony Guarantee and I immediately got my cabin numbers assigned within a cat. 2A. We got this times 4 as we booked four cabins for our extended family. Great Canada Day bonus for us all. Will buy the premium pkg now! Great 4th of July to all the Americans...:)

Archived