Show us Your Aft!

Angie, thanks for posting this. We're in 11330 next April. It's good to see that they've made some improvements to these new aft cabins since they first became available after drydock.

Angie, thanks for posting this. We're in 11330 next April. It's good to see that they've made some improvements to these new aft cabins since they first became available after drydock.

You're welcome ... the upgraded balcony furniture was nice.

Enjoy 11330 next April :D:D

• 1 month later...
image.jpg.2c4baaa4c9a0fbd61ec15fd7cb5db0fb.jpgJust off Adventure of the Seas 7/25 -8/1/15 Aft cabin 8690. Very happy with size of the balcony and the updated loungers (2) and reclining chairs (2) and 1 small table. Cabin was about average size with a drop down bed in the ceiling that we didn't need.Great cruise with excellent weather! This cabin has a single door which opens out to the balcony ,no sliding glass doors. Thought that wood be a drawback but it was no problem.

[ATTACH]353384[/ATTACH]

Junior Suite 8080 on Splendour of the Seas, corner suite and thought it was wrap around balcony but not on Splendour.

Yep.....only Vision and Rhapsody D1s Wrap on Vision Class

Edited by Beachammo

[ATTACH]358079[/ATTACH]Just off Adventure of the Seas 7/25 -8/1/15 Aft cabin 8690. Very happy with size of the balcony and the updated loungers (2) and reclining chairs (2) and 1 small table. Cabin was about average size with a drop down bed in the ceiling that we didn't need.Great cruise with excellent weather! This cabin has a single door which opens out to the balcony ,no sliding glass doors. Thought that wood be a drawback but it was no problem.

Was the door all glass or just the top half?

Actually they do and they are great corner afts - but Aqua suites are a little out of our league (unless grandson doesn't really need a college fund :p;):D).

I have some from an A1 on Oasis. I will upload them when I get home today. It was an awesome patio!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

We just returned from Adventure and loved the deck 10 afts!!! Thanks for the recommendations!! I completed the room survey and attached it here as well. Our group loved these rooms

Ship - Adventure

Deck - 10

Stateroom # - The famous 1388, 1390, 1688

Stateroom Category – D1

Starboard or Port Side - aft

Extremely quiet. Little bit of a soot on chairs and floor. Use a towel on the lounge chairs!!!

Great views - slight obstruction due to angled bar on 1388/1688. watch your head!

1390/1690 have the largest oversized fabulous balcony in this class and no obstruction. We had 30 mph winds during this cruise.

1390 was a bit musty. 1688 had the best AC

1388/1688 have the pole which you may need due to the windy conditions in Aruba.

35hisut.jpg

Hi. Does anyone have any picturs of 7708, 7710 and 7408 on Indy? We are sailing in these cabins over NYE.

Thank you.

Here is a quote from my review about 7708 on Indy. There are many more pictures and tips about the cabin in my review in this link:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2014636

We were in cabin 7708 - one of those "secrets" we learned about here on CC. It is a corner aft, and one of the cheapest balcony cabins on Indy. I kept a close look on prices (daily!). We booked the cruise about 1 year out, and the price only dropped 1 time after final pay. We ended up paying only $160 more than the lowest price. To us, that was a GREAT deal, since these 2 corner aft cabins sell out early. It is absolutely worth the $160 risk we took this time. The views will tell the story...

The hallway is very spacious outside the cabin. It also has very little foot traffic (7708 is the one in the middle of the picture). We did not even see our neighbors until the last day at sea!

DSCN4240_zps498d9c3b.jpeg

The inside is pretty standard. It sleeps up to 3 people:

DSC_0067_2_zps30985fbe.jpeg

Now, here is why we LOVE this cabin: The balcony is super large. We measured it with my DH's shoes and then came home to put it into square footage. A conservative measurement puts it at about 195 square feet. There are 2 loungers and 2 chairs:

DSCN4126_zps4a9444e0.jpeg

DSCN4123_zps498b9e6e.jpeg

DSCN4125_zps8de76f83.jpeg

Looking over at the deck below:

DSC_0129_zps28b76fa6.jpeg

We sailed 9/20 on NCL Breakaway with an aft on Deck 11 - We had quite a bit of soot on humid nights (which was every night practically), but we also had a HUMPBACK WHALE off the stern on sailaway from NYC! Bring your binocs if you are lucky enough to have an aft cabin!