Lanyards?

scrapmamma

They have the kind that clip on to your waist band or pocket. I've also seen some "wristlets" type ones as well.

I think your use of the word "kind" is a complete misnomer as what you describe are clearly not lanyards.

Lol John

202 posts on lanyards. Surely you all must have something better to do. By the way, before anyone makes any comment on my post, I did not read any of the 202 posts but I just looked at the post count.

DON

202 posts on lanyards. Surely you all must have something better to do. By the way, before anyone makes any comment on my post, I did not read any of the 202 posts but I just looked at the post count.

DON

You didn't look to closely at the post count, there are now 205 posts.

You didn't look to closely at the post count, there are now 205 posts.

There weren't' 205 posts when he posted - and just possibly he took his time after reading #202 before responding.

It is refreshing, however, to have a brand new facet to the lanyard conundrum to discuss -- so, I thank you for introducing the matter of lanyard posts counts.

There weren't' 205 posts when he posted - and just possibly he took his time after reading #202 before responding.

It is refreshing, however, to have a brand new facet to the lanyard conundrum to discuss -- so, I thank you for introducing the matter of lanyard posts counts.

I didn't add the new facet of post count to the this thread, Donaldsc did. So you should be thanking Donaldsc, not me.

And now there are 207 posts.

Edited by Cuizer2

what the lets keep to the topic please , sorry but it is bad enough seeing people go nuts on people wearing them or not wearing them but to worry on how many posts there are really

what the lets keep to the topic please , sorry but it is bad enough seeing people go nuts on people wearing them or not wearing them but to worry on how many posts there are really

Sorry to disagree with you, but I find that discussing the number of posts people will enter on a virtually meaningless topic at least says something about people's willingness to discuss things with little meaning - which can be seen as a sort of sociological survey --- and that certainly is of greater significance than the question of whether to lanyard or to pocket the card.

Sorry to disagree with you, but I find that discussing the number of posts people will enter on a virtually meaningless topic at least says something about people's willingness to discuss things with little meaning - which can be seen as a sort of sociological survey --- and that certainly is of greater significance than the question of whether to lanyard or to pocket the card.

You forgot about the write strap option.

it got meaningless when people started arguing over to have one or not etc in my books sadly any post on lanyards goes down this track i just find it funny it is turning into an argument over how many posts have been posted but hey each to their own , enjoy it

Good point!!! A wrist strap is a wholly different approach - as is a key ring which would make it easier to find in your pocket. This is really starting to get interesting!!!!

Hawka doesn't seem to agree.

Good point!!! A wrist strap is a wholly different approach - as is a key ring which would make it easier to find in your pocket. This is really starting to get interesting!!!!

Some people put the wrist strap around their ankle ...

Take a look at the right ankle of the little girl in blue in the center of the photo ...

B-IMG_0489.jpg

As a complete Newbie, I am wondering why I need to have a lanyard? Typically, when leaving my personal space, I would carry a small purse. Contents: personal ID, room key, critical medications, mobile phone for taking photos.

Is there something I'm missing, re: the need to carry another item?

As a complete Newbie, I am wondering why I need to have a lanyard? Typically, when leaving my personal space, I would carry a small purse. Contents: personal ID, room key, critical medications, mobile phone for taking photos.

The use of a lanyard is a personal choice. I have never used one on a cruise. I simply put my cruise card in my pocket when I'm out and about. I have seen plenty of people use them. some people feel it's easier to show wait staff that they have the drink package, since most lines either use a sticker or separate card. So, I'd say whatever you are the most comfortable with. :D

For women walking around in clothing, it is a matter of personal choice. However, if you plan to go swimming, where are you going to put your purse? Your husband could watch it, but then he could not swim with you. The room key can get wet, that will not hurt it. So, you can put it on a lanyard, a wrist strap, or the top part of you bathing suit.

We prefer wearing a lanyard to hold our keycard because it is much easier to locate the card when it's needed. It also identifies the level of our elite status to staff when it makes a difference. Also as Cuizer2 just said, it really keeps things simple when wearing swimwear.

On the ship, you aren't going to need ID, credit cards, cash, etc. Your room key/Seapass card is all you need so having it on a lanyard means I don't have to worry about losing it. Convenience.

So the Seapass card has my id on it? I guess I'm super confused about what information the Seapass contains.

So the Seapass card has my id on it? I guess I'm super confused about what information the Seapass contains.

Your Seapass card is linked to your account. It will open your cabin door and is used to make purchases while on the ship. If you have a drink package, then it will be loaded on your card. You give your Seapass card to bartenders, store clerks, and anywhere else on the ship when you need to make a purchase. They will scan your card and the purchase will be charged to your account. There is no need for cash on the ship. Your Seapass also works in the slot machines.

The photo that is taken when boarding the ship is also connected to your Seapass card. When your card is scanned while getting on and off of the ship, your photo comes up.