Bad news for all Cruise Critic Groups on Carnival

jandjfun

Strange email received. We just opened an email from Crucon explaining the new policy of Carnival. The strange thing is that attached to this email is a letter from Carnival VP, Guest Services Vicky Rey, CTC. It is dated the 9th of September. So this policy has been in effect for over 10 days. We as customers were just informed yesterday the 20th of September. Why did it take so long for customers to be informed of this policy change.

You missed that some people are already booked, now say for that family of 4, they will either lose $100 or have to come up with $900 by Nov 1st, that Carnival previously agree was due next year.

How is that a choice ... that Carnival is breaking the contract they previously agreed to... and the pax either has to scramble to come up with more $$ or lose $100 ($25 X 4 as ship addict said). $100 may be nothing to some of you to lose ..it would be to many.

I find that people who are not affected, find it much easier to get up on soap boxes how its not important to them so it shouldnt be important to others that Carnival is doing this retroactively.

For clarification purposes, I am affected by this policy change.

But, since we have a choice, we're choosing to pay the deposit balance as now required. End of kerfuffle.

Strange email received. We just opened an email from Crucon explaining the new policy of Carnival. The strange thing is that attached to this email is a letter from Carnival VP, Guest Services Vicky Rey, CTC. It is dated the 9th of September. So this policy has been in effect for over 10 days. We as customers were just informed yesterday the 20th of September. Why did it take so long for customers to be informed of this policy change.

CruCon is trying to figure out how they are to survive at this point I would think. CC Group cruises on Carnival will soon be a thing of the past as will CruCon which has been coming for some time.

TAs will be keeping lots of cancel fees over newCarnival policy. Bet they do not waive them when people cancel

The original letter from Vicky Rey was not dated, and mine arrived August 26th via email....

Full page fax print.pdf

CruCon is trying to figure out how they are to survive at this point I would think. CC Group cruises on Carnival will soon be a thing of the past as will CruCon which has been coming for some time.

TA may be becoming a thing of the past, in this day and age of instant info, and purchasing

But with the other Cruise lines picking up the slack left by carnival,

Cru Con May be having even better CC Cruises to offer up...

Only time will tell for sure if this was a great Idea for Carnivals bottom line or not.

CC is only 1 % of the Cruising world right?

So I doubt this one thing is going to hurt their Co.

but all of the collective changes, may turn out to bite them in the butt, or not?

You can only cut back so far, before people say, well, maybe I should try.....

So if the whole of Carnival declines, than that could very well happen.

As it stands now,Carnival is still the best bang for your buck,

I can say that because I just got off a great Carnival Cruise last week.

nothing but an afternoon MDR burger to complain about ;)

I had one other thing I didn't care for,

but that is just a matter of personal taste.

How is it easier and more affordable:confused: You can do the same thing saving before you purchase........

Maybe affordable isn't the right word. But for people on a budget it is easier to find a small amount of money every paycheck then a chunk of cash all at once.

My PVP says this has been in effect even longer than that. She wonders why the TAs thought they could ignore it and book people with the $25 deposit. Im confused ....she blames the TAs. Beats me.

Hi all, I'm a travel agent and we received notice of the change in Carnival's group policies a couple of weeks ago. One of the main reasons they pointed to, was that a $50 deposit doesn't constitute much of a commitment. There were far too many cancellations. This generates extra work, not only for the cruise lines, but for travel agents, who have put time and energy into bookings only to have them cancel and end up with nothing to show for it. It also holds up space that the cruise line could otherwise be selling. In a way, it is a good thing for the customer. If the cruise line has a more accurate accounting of inventory, then it can keep the prices lower (i.e. more available inventory, lower price). The other cruise lines will eventually follow (like the airlines did with baggage fees), but for now, they are taking advantage of the fact that Carnival did it first.

I totally under Carnival's point of view. I wonder if they ever considered making the 25/50 dollar deposit nonrefundable? It would be an incentive for people not to cancel and it would be some revenue for a cancellation..?

TA may be becoming a thing of the past, in this day and age of instant info, and purchasing

But with the other Cruise lines picking up the slack left by carnival,

Cru Con May be having even better CC Cruises to offer up...

Only time will tell for sure if this was a great Idea for Carnivals bottom line or not.

CC is only 1 % of the Cruising world right?

So I doubt this one thing is going to hurt their Co.

but all of the collective changes, may turn out to bite them in the butt, or not?

You can only cut back so far, before people say, well, maybe I should try.....

So if the whole of Carnival declines, than that could very well happen.

As it stands now,Carnival is still the best bang for your buck,

I can say that because I just got off a great Carnival Cruise last week.

nothing but an afternoon MDR burger to complain about ;)

I had one other thing I didn't care for,

but that is just a matter of personal taste.

This was not directed at CC but at all group cruises. I would venture that groups represent 15-20% of there entire cruise business. That is why groups get perks. It is too early to tell if these groups will migrate to toher lines but Carnival has certainly opened the door for it.

Wow $15 bucks saved. Booked 10 cruises with her. Hmmmm wonder what her commission has been? Ya still thinking she workin for ya? Its all about the benjamins, not you.

I have received EVER price break, which means less for her. Including one where she had to do a little maneuvering to get me the price break because I had already paid in full (though final payment was not yet due).

Yes, she has MY best interest at heart, and in return I give her lots of business, resulting in her earning a larger commission based on the number of cruises I book with her. I also gave her a referral.

And it was not $15 saved. If was $15 refunded because of a pre-paid service that I didn't receive. In addition, she did all the necessary to get me that refund - after the cruise was over. She got no extra commission for that.

How is it easier and more affordable:confused: You can do the same thing saving before you purchase........

Hehe thats a novel idea!

It may be novel to you, but it is exactly how I do it. Every month I put money into a saving account that I use to pay for my vacations. I already have the funds saved for cruises I have not yet booked.

Ask Crucon. They are the ones that sat on the information for ten days.

Maybe affordable isn't the right word. But for people on a budget it is easier to find a small amount of money every paycheck then a chunk of cash all at once.

Exactly. Start saving for you next cruise now. Then when you book it, it will not affect your budget. It you wait until you book to start saving , then the cruise will impact your budget.

Again whys it a big deal. PLAN for your vacation...save up the money needed and then book it. Its no different then putting down 25.00 and then saving for the rest is it? If you plan properly then you wont stress over 25 bucks.

I agree.

Archived