After 10 cruises, does that keep you cruising Carnival?

manmtnmike

I am platinum. The perks are nice, but no reason to influence booking a cruise. The perks are too small to have any influence. The main factor in determining which cruise to book is usually price. Which ship is usually second.

I have only 6 cruises with 2 more booked. Our goal is to get to platinum. My dh and 2 kids are in love with Carnival. I wanted to do RCCL instead of the Magic in 2012 because I can get 3 cabins for half the price of Magic's 2 cabins! Well you would have thought I asked to cut off arms!!! I guess I will be glad to get some perks sooner or later since apparently I am exclusive to Carnival!:rolleyes: I will say I have never had a bad cruise! They have all been great!

I am platinum. The perks are nice, but no reason to influence booking a cruise. The perks are too small to have any influence. The main factor in determining which cruise to book is usually price. Which ship is usually second.

I think it's a newly-crowned platinum status thing...I could see that platinum's particular luster would diminish as you sail way beyond that 10th cruise.

Mike

At 7, we are not Platinum with Carnival yet, but we are with RCI with 5. The perks are nice with RCI, even at 5, but we still book based on the itinerary, total cost and how far we have to travel to the ship. All that considered, we still go with Carnival usually. I would not base my decision on free laundry, expedited boarding, etc., but everything as a whole.

We will not sail any other line then Carnival. We are Milestone and own stock. We like the VIP boarding and the laundry. If our status would transfer to Princess, Cunard, or Holland we would like to try one of them. But at this point we are happy with Carnival.

Hey newly crowned VIP's,

Anyone feel that after getting to your 10th cruise, that you need to book Carnival so as to not miss out on your Platinum Perks?

Do I want to give up: free laundry, expedited embark/disembarkation, etc?

Mike

We book suites so on another cruise line we will get more perks than our Platinum benefits on Carnival. We still book Carnival but I am ready for another cruise line except RCL.

No actually it makes me want to try other lines but each time I do I keep coming back to Carnival. Carnival is the line that fits my family best so why change if you are happy and the free laundry, priority boarding etc are just icing on the cake

I've traveled on Princess, Carnival, Royal Car. and Celebrity and too many people get hooked onto one cruise line without ever trying another. I beleive you should try a different lines and then make a decision which you like the best. Many people say that _______ is the best ever and if you ask which others they have tried they say they have never been on another. Then how do you know its the best????

Special boarding and free laundry is nice, but I've booked Disney and will go with Celebrity too as well as Carnival.

What really could prevent me from booking another 15 CCL cruises is losing the single supplement - that makes other cruiselines comparable pricewise.

To be brutally honest, if you stick with CCL only, you are missing out on a lot. I have 18 cruises on CCL and it has it's perks, but overall, CCL is just one small piece of the entire cruising experience. Going on other lines that are of high quality will show you what cruising is truely about. If you are European, it's like flying EasyJet all the time and then flying Swiss Air. :)

Hey newly crowned VIP's,

Anyone feel that after getting to your 10th cruise, that you need to book Carnival so as to not miss out on your Platinum Perks?

Mike

I am kinda looking forward to Platinum... Just 2 more Cruises to go.

BTW. We enjoyed having Mike and Wende as the CC Group leaders for the infamous "3 Saints and a Miracle" Cruise.

Hope to Sail with you again.

Hey newly crowned VIP's,

Mike

We cruise CCL primarily due to favorable pricing. We like the CCL mix of passengers and just relaxing on our balcony. The laundry perk is nice. We are a little tired of the same old CCL routine which is why we're going with Celebrity in March for some "freshness" in activities and atmosphere.

I actually feel the complete opposite.

Im currently frustrated with Carnival. I feel they are going in one direction and I another. Which is fine. Since I'm way past Platinum I feel its the perfect time to explore other lines and build some loyalty elsewhere. The Platinum perks will be there if and when i decide to return.

I'll miss VIP boarding but I'll be booking suites to make up for that and get some other cool perks. I couldnt care less about free laundry. I have never used it, never will and honestly dont understand why so many are enamored with it. I also wont miss the multiple picture frames lol!

I think some cruise lines do some things better then others and variety is the spice of life. I do enjoy the perks we get on some of the lines, but really at this point I choose itinerary, price and departure port. Enjoy your perks, but don't count all of the others out.

Archived