Tipping/diamond lounge

Please advise how you handle tipping in the diamond lounge (FOS). Do you wait until the end of the week to tip? Last cruise on FOS, it was the same guy in there both times serving drinks when we visited. Is there a ($) guideline on how much to tip for this service?

Please advise how you handle tipping in the diamond lounge (FOS). Do you wait until the end of the week to tip? Last cruise on FOS, it was the same guy in there both times serving drinks when we visited. Is there a ($) guideline on how much to tip for this service?

Personally, we tip at the end of the cruise. There is no guideline to amount for concierge or servers.....

I tip whoever serves me and thee $1 for each trip. There are usually several bartenders/waiters in the lounge so I want the ones who take care of me tipped out. However, I have noticed when I order a drink at the bar, it goes into a tip jar most of the time. What a waiter does with the buck when he serves me at a table, I don't know or care.

Since we don't have access to the concierge lounge anymore, I don't tip the concierge unless I have asked him/her to do something for me. On the last cruise which was the first without CL access, I asked for assistance twice during the evening "happy hour" and was blown off so I didn't feel guilty at all walking right past him on the last night.

What was good was that one of the bartenders recognized me from a previous cruise when the lounge had full service for Diamonds and knew my preferred drink was not Le Terrible wine. He took care of me with my preferred drink gratis. He got a very nice tip at the end of the cruise and kudos on my comment sheet (lol). Sure wish he would be on my next cruise but, alas, it is a different ship.

Tucker in Texas

• 6 years later...
I always tip about $5 a night and then on the last night we usually tip around 30 - 40 for two - sometimes more - sometime less depending on service

as new to Diamond status - we had the same question. Is that 5 dollars a night for a couple or per person. what if you have several servers in a night?We have been on Anthem and Harmony as Diamond. there was no bar and we were dependent on numerous servers.

On Anthem we had excellent service - after a day or two we found a couple of the servers had "adopted" us and watched for us to come in and brought the first drink immediately. We tipped them each @30 at the end of the trip, but since it was 12 days - guess it should have been higher. But recent Harmony cruise we did not have same personal service and ended up with different people each night - so were wondering if we should have tipped nightly. But we were not served by any of the staff consistently - so ended up tipping no one and felt uncomfortable about that.

I just learned on my last cruise, that while servers work in a venue as a team, any cash tip they personally receive goes 90% to them... the remaining 10% gets pooled. So if you tip at the end of the week after 3-4 different serves help you, you're only tipping that one person you give the cash to.

I prefer bringing a stack of ones and tipping for each drink as I go so every server gets some cash throughout the week.

I tip every night, with a little extra the last night....K.O.:)

As opposed to 2010, original post date, the lounges are much more crowded now. While the numbers change from cruise to cruise/ship to ship, many of the lounges can't handle the # of Ds/D+s attending, so neighboring lounges are open to allow enough space. Likewise, more servers are brought in (sometimes 6 or so), at least until the first dining time when the crowd thins. I don't want to overlook anyone, so we tip $1/$2 per drink to the server and then tip extra at the end for those who show initiative. We do the same at the bars during the 3 drink happy hours. The concierge gets an appropriate tip at the end, some have been great, others, so-so.

Edited by CapeCoralCruiser

Despite being an old thread it is still relevant.

I tip the bar server $1 per drink as we go. The wait staff person I tip at the end of the cruise usually $10 minimum for a 7 night.

Concierge is tipped based on services rendered.

Despite being an old thread it is still relevant.

I tip the bar server $1 per drink as we go. The wait staff person I tip at the end of the cruise usually $10 minimum for a 7 night.

Concierge is tipped based on services rendered.

Yeah, oldies but goodies, eh Ian? ;) :D

Agree...we tip a buck a drink each time we are served. Too many times

we have had multiple servers, so we changed to tipping with each drink

from our old custom of 5 bucks for two rounds in the lounge. :)

We tip everyday to whoever it is that brings our order.