Dress Code on Mariner

hardel

Because our Splendor cruise was canceled, we are now sailing on the Mariner. First time in 15 years. I see there are 2 formal nights and 2 semi-formal nights, will my husband really have to wear a sport coat 4 times?? Are nice jeans allowed in dining room on casual nights?

Also, can I bring wine on board? Thanks..

Because our Splendor cruise was canceled, we are now sailing on the Mariner. First time in 15 years. I see there are 2 formal nights and 2 semi-formal nights, will my husband really have to wear a sport coat 4 times?? Are nice jeans allowed in dining room on casual nights?

You have picked my favorite ship! Yes, you will have two formal nights but they seem to be fazing out the smart casual nights so your DH will not need to wear his sport coat 4 nights unless he wants to. Jeans are fine on casual night.

As far as wine, RCL does not allow any alcohol to be brought on their ships. If detected, they will hold your bag and call you to the naughty room to remove it. Some ships will give you the alcohol back at the end of the cruise, others seem to be destryoing it.

Glad you were able to book a new cruise.

Hi there,

SO excited for you! You will LOVE Mariner! Just off that itinerary 2 weeks ago. There are actually 2 Formal nights and the rest are casual. You and hubby may both wear jeans if you want to. Others did and it was not a problem.

Enjoy your cruise! We saw a lot of sea life - whales, dolphins, even a turtle one day! The first two and the last two days at sea were cool and windy; we sailed through thick fog on the way home. But, the three days in Mexico were lovely for us that week. You may want to pack a sweater or sweatshirt; DH didn't and regretted it. He bought one onboard. :p

:cool:No Hubby will not have to wear his sport coat four nights. He can wear his suit two nights for the formal, and the sport coat the other two nights. Jeans are fine on casual night, but khakis would be better. Wine is available ahead of time thru gifts n gear, or wine package can be purchased. No alcohol can be brought on board legally.:cool:JACK IS SAILING AGAIN

Actually, your husband will be just fine in a sports coat for the two formal nights if he doesn't want to wear a suit. Jeans are OK for the other nights. Don't let the "dress code police" tell you he HAS to wear a suit or that jeans are not allowed. Simply not true. No alcohol is allowed to be brought on board.

We were on the Halloween cruise and on formal night lots of men didn't wear a coat. One guy came into the MDR wearing a jogging outfit and wasn't turned away. I hate wearing a tie after many years doing so at work, but followed the dress code out of respect to others.

Don't let the "dress code police" tell you he HAS to wear a suit or that jeans are not allowed. Simply not true. No alcohol is allowed to be brought on board.

Actually this thread has been very civil and no one has said that. I already mentioned that there was no smart casual night at all on this itinerary - 5 casual nights.

Actually this thread has been very civil and no one has said that. I already mentioned that there was no smart casual night at all on this itinerary - 5 casual nights.

While civil, the first reply said yes, 4 nights for sport coat and no jeans allowed in MDR. Another poster said they needed a suit for formal night and sport coat for the non-existant smart casual nights. The thread has been full of conflicting information.

I sailed on the Mariner just a week and a half ago.

As has been said many others, there are no "smart casual" nights, there are five "casual" and two so-called formal nights.

We ate in Chops on the first so-called formal night and the MDR on the second.

We usually do not check out what others are wearing, but due to the never ending posts on the subject, this is what I observed on the so-called formal nights: Approximately...

• ...10% wore a tux
  • ...40% wore a suit
  • ...25% wore a sport jacket (I was among them)
  • ...10-15% wore a long sleeved shirt (with or without a tie)
  • ...10-15% wore something else

As also has been posted, do not let "The Clothes Police" try to relegate you to the buffet or any other venue!

dress code was not even enforced on our cruise with the mariner

We cruised the Mariner in September. We did the MTD.

We ate in the Windjammer on formal nights because we did not want to dress up.

On the way to the elevator and the Windjammer, we passed the entrance to the dining room. The MTD line was really quite casual.

Here we go again, I'm not having the fashion police dictate what I wear, I'll wear whatever my wife tells me to!

:cool:For a guy just getting ready for his honeymoon, you sure have picked up the rules of marriage fast. Have great wedding and honeymoon cruise after Vegas:cool:

Here we go again, I'm not having the fashion police dictate what I wear, I'll wear whatever my wife tells me to!

You are a very smart man!

When we cruised on Mariner I only saw a few in jeans at dinner on the last night of the cruise. On the non formal nights most men had on khaki's and a polo. Just what I saw

And I can't emphasize enough to bring a sweater or sweatshirt with you for this cruise. Used mine part of the first day and all of the last day of our July cruise. Felt odd to pack a sweatshirt in July, thank goodness for CC or I would not have done so!

Welcome to RC -- you've picked an absolutely wonderful ship to sail on!

We wore costumes to the MDR one night (well, it WAS Halloween). :p

DH wore a sport coat and tie on formal nights -- I wore a dressy pants outfit. The other nights in the MDR and specialty restaurants, we did the "smart casual" thing -- Dockers (or nice jeans) and collared shirt for DH, slacks and a nice top for me.

It's a big ship, Hardel, and you're going to see folks wearing all manner of dress. And sorry, but RC won't allow wine to be brought onboard. :( You'll have to sail her sister line, Celebrity, in order to do that. If you enjoy good wine, be sure to check out the Vintages Wine Bar onboard!

Wishing you a wonderful cruise -- be sure tocome back and tell us all about it! :D

Thanks guys, personaly i doubt I'll be wearing jeans at all throughout the entire cruise, as I'll have spent the previous week in Vegas I'll gave had plenty of time to slob out. But on the same note, with the cruise sandwiched between a week in Vegas and a week in San Franciso I may not have room to pack a suit, so out of respect for others I'll most probably either skip the formal night or look into renting a tux aboard.

Thanks guys, personaly i doubt I'll be wearing jeans at all throughout the entire cruise, as I'll have spent the previous week in Vegas I'll gave had plenty of time to slob out. But on the same note, with the cruise sandwiched between a week in Vegas and a week in San Franciso I may not have room to pack a suit, so out of respect for others I'll most probably either skip the formal night or look into renting a tux aboard.

The 2nd formal night is usually lobster (and more prime rib also). See if you can squeeze in a sport coat. That said, I have read that the evening meals in the Windjammer are very good, including cooked-to-order steaks.

Smart Casual/Semi-formal is dead.

Jeans have been permitted on all nights other than formal on RCCL for a long time.

Formal night you will find a growing number of men without ties and a sport coat. Me included.

In warm weather sailings and dinner times close to departure from ports we have seen many in shorts, while not listed as recommended dress people wear them.

Also, the same number of people go back and change to shorts and more casual fare after dinner. We do, and have much company.

He wore a shirt & tie on formal nights, but even that wasn't necessary.

I do not remember seeing anyone in jeans any night, but if they were a dark nice pair I'm sure it's fine.

Wine....bottles, no. Boxed...I did:eek:--take the box off, wrap the bladder in jumbo ziplock & tuck in middle of checked bag...

Let the bashing begin...

Archived