New Levels

mpbmark

Thank You for taking time to post from your cruise it defiantly does state new levesl So some of the rumours are true

BTW>>>>>> for those people that cant read it just click on the photo and than use your magnifier on your computer

Someone needs to put this infront of someones face on the cruise and ask them to explain. I don't understand if you have that piece of paper and someone says its nothing. Why doesn't that person say well why is that in here then. They can't keep lying when there are facts right in front of them.

How on earth can the Loyalty people on board STILL being playing stupid?? What in the world can they be saying when confronted with the new book?

They are losing what very very little credibility they ever had.

To those who say "well they are ordered not to say anything." OK fine, well they need to grow some balls and tell the higher management, "you guys screwed up with the Baltimore sign and the coupon books, and someone needs to say something officially, NOW."

You would think a multi-million dollar company wouldn't be so incredibly stupid as to release things like this before making an announcement. It really makes them look pretty amateur.

Totally agree with all these statements, especially the 'balls' bit:D.

Someone needs to put this infront of someones face on the cruise and ask them to explain. I don't understand if you have that piece of paper and someone says its nothing. Why doesn't that person say well why is that in here then. They can't keep lying when there are facts right in front of them.

Plausible Deniability.....

In the movie Independence Day, even the President did not know area 51 actually existed.:)

C&A just doesn't know yet.

I guess I could also quote Josie Wales.:D

Live chat them... "there are no changes being made" 1/15/2011 6:42:33 p.m.

Oh please! :rolleyes: Do you really think they're going to share with you, an individual cruiser, before any announcement is made?

When the (poster that shall not not be named, through no fault of her own) posted about this, she made mention of the fact that she was still friends with co-workers at Royal Caribbean. I don't know if she should have turned around and posted it on a message board....but it was posted and now it is "out there". :)

IMO, the sign and booklet from Serenade both indicate (with strong evidence) that Royal Caribbean is contemplating changes to the loyalty program. Who knows when that will happen? Perhaps they are still tweaking it, based on concerns/posts on this, and probably other message boards.

Why would RCCL add a level between Platinum and Diamond since the difference is only 5 cruise credits? Just wondering as it does not make too much sense unless Diamond level is going up from 10 credits and 'Emerald' is a between level to appease the Platinum members?

Thank You for taking time to post from your cruise it defiantly does state new levesl So some of the rumours are true

BTW>>>>>> for those people that cant read it just click on the photo and than use your magnifier on your computer

Yup, that works.

I totally agree with FreshOfftheBoat. I"m boarding the Navigator on thursday, if I see ANYTHING in writing at the port in the way of a level sign (and I may go looking behind closed doors); or in a coupon book, or ANYWHERE, I AM GOING TO DRAG THAT DOCUMENT AND PUT IT IN THE FACE OF C&A point of contact and first I'll ask nicely and if I get the same song and dance, I will DEMAND an explanation. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

If nothing else, to stop the insanity on this board relating to this topic.

Whew....

Live chat them... "there are no changes being made" 1/15/2011 6:42:33 p.m.

Exactly.

My coworker did that. He was on the majesty last weekend and brought a print out of the sign from Baltimore. When the Loyalty person claimed to not know of any changed he whipped out the photo. She said she had no knowledge of the sign or any changes. :rolleyes:

I don't see how they could say that if it was on the booklet handed out on their OWN ship, though. We'll be on the Navigator on Thursday. If I see that in my booklet, I'm going to plant myself in the loyalty person's chair and have her explain it away. How could she possibly play dumb when it's in their official booklet?! Though I'm sure they will, they play dumb very very well.

RCCL=Really Crummy Calculated Liars

OB thanks for the info on IE spell checker. :)

I don't think anyone is lying:rolleyes:....if your company gives you a standard response to inquiries (and you want to keep your job) you are probably best off giving the required response to the inquiries.

I work in a government position, and we are certainly required to give the same response to certain categories of questions. There isn't any flexiblility in the policy. It isn't LYING...it's just a neutral response to a question.

I think I will wait for the official unveiling.

In 1988, Carnival announced they were going to buy Royal Caribbean.

In 2001 Royal Caribbean announced they were going to merge with Princess.

In 2003?? Carnival bought Princess.

Even if they officially announce it, it still doesn't make it so.:D

A friend onboard EX said she had heard changes announcement being 1/21/11.....

Now ......my first thought was that whomever said the original changes were the 12th is dyslexic!!!!

Will just wait and see.......

es lo que es

Oh great....another date! Let it begin.

I think it's about time RCCL says at least something about this - just release a statement of some sort and get it over with - even if they simply say they are considering new changes to be implemented later this year. It's obvious something is, or was, in the works and their continued silence speaks volumes to me.

This is not 'good' attention for the cruise line - stringing your customers along is not good business practice.

If I were RCCL management I would be embarrased by this mess. If you're going to change your loyalty program, fine. But don't print and distribute signage and booklets with the new levels BEFORE you issue your press release and then deny anything is up when people ask questions. :rolleyes: Doing so is amaturish and reeks of poor management.

In 1988, Carnival announced they were going to buy Royal Caribbean.

I Know Im in the minority but.................If they had I wouldnt worry about scuttlebutt as I would be D+

I beg to differ, it speaks volumes. Since it clearly (with a magnifying glass) shows the two new tiers and is already on the ship being distributed to pax, it says that RCCL was ready to introduce the new program by now, or real soon, and has had to change their mind for some reason. I have my beliefs but that would be speculation. So I speculate that it is either IT or all the flac that's been generated on CC or some third unknown reason. Quess that's covering my errr donkey.

I speculate that they DID do the conversions to days at sea, saw how many D+ monsters they had just created, and now are trying to rework the numbers. There are an awful lot of people who have done longer cruises. Days at sea may have drastically increased the number of D+ members which might be the opposite of what they had thought would happen.

Just my guess.

Or IT is still working on it. :rolleyes:

Gina

I speculate that they DID do the conversions to days at sea, saw how many D+ monsters they had just created, and now are trying to rework the numbers. There are an awful lot of people who have done longer cruises. Days at sea may have drastically increased the number of D+ members which might be the opposite of what they had thought would happen.

Just my guess.

Or IT is still working on it. :rolleyes:

Gina

If, as you suggest, IT is still working on it, the new levels should be in place about the same time that the rumored "new" ship is christened.:D

Rather than rework the numbers wouldn't it just be easier to reset the levels required for each tier? That way they would know just how many guests they would have in each tier and could estimate how long it would take the average passenger to reach the next level.

Why would RCCL add a level between Platinum and Diamond since the difference is only 5 cruise credits? Just wondering as it does not make too much sense unless Diamond level is going up from 10 credits and 'Emerald' is a between level to appease the Platinum members?

It lends credibility to the rumors they are going to nights at sea. It might take longer to go to the next level if they do nights at sea.

I think it's about time RCCL says at least something about this - just release a statement of some sort and get it over with - even if they simply say they are considering new changes to be implemented later this year. It's obvious something is, or was, in the works and their continued silence speaks volumes to me.

This is not 'good' attention for the cruise line - stringing your customers along is not good business practice.

If I were RCCL management I would be embarrased by this mess. If you're going to change your loyalty program, fine. But don't print and distribute signage and booklets with the new levels BEFORE you issue your press release and then deny anything is up when people ask questions. :rolleyes: Doing so is amaturish and reeks of poor management.

Couldn't agree more

Archived