Do they have vinegar on cruise ships

Skell

So I wad wondering if they have white vinegar on the cruise ships because when I went to Disney world they didn't have any. Just malt vinegar ewwww. Then we were so excited on our way home they had a mcdonalds in the airport and wanted fries and vinegar. And even mcdonalds didn't have vinegar.

Is this a states thing that no one uses white vinegar on anything

So I wad wondering if they have white vinegar on the cruise ships because when I went to Disney world they didn't have any. Just malt vinegar ewwww. Then we were so excited on our way home they had a mcdonalds in the airport and wanted fries and vinegar. And even mcdonalds didn't have vinegar.

Norwegian only had malt vinegar, as of 2008. But I love malt vinegar on fries, guess we're different! Can't recall even looking for any vinegar on Celebrity or Princess.

If you're in the MDR, your waiter will be happy to bring white vinegar to you. In the buffet or grill areas, you may or may not find someone who can help with this request. Haven't tried.

Can't help you on the actual cruise thing, but at least when it comes to the east coast of the US, most people don't put vinegar on things - and if its fries its malt vinegar. I've never actually heard of the white vinegar thing. Different customs I suppose?

Just like it's a Maritime Provinces thing for some people to prefer white vinegar, it is a US thing to use ketchup or malt vinegar on fries. You won't find packets of white vinegar in fast food restaurants.

As suggested, just ask your server. Or, stock up on packets and bring them with you, if it's really important.

If having white vinegar is important to you, you might want to consider bring your own. If you don't want to travel with it, just stop by a grocery store before you board the ship.

I can't have caffeine, so I always pack my own coffee and tea bags whenever I travel. I find it is easier than scrounging it onboard.:o

Have a great cruise!

Five Guys (Burgers and Fries) supplies malt vinegar for the fries.....(I don't like it, but many, many do!)

Never heard of using white vinegar for that purpose....most food applications are the "malt" varieties.

Sure, bring some, just in case!

Being in NS, shouldn't you be putting gravy on your chips? :) Thats all I ever see when on Cape Breton :)

Being in NS, shouldn't you be putting gravy on your chips? :) Thats all I ever see when on Cape Breton :)

I don't know where Canadians picked up the habit...but why not? It's malt with fish and chips here, and mayo in Belgium....certainly malt on the cruise ships over here.

And white makes your shower sparkle....;)

Jo.

Several years ago, the only type mustard on the ship was Dejon and my Grandson only ate the yellow mustard. I took to bringing a few packets from the fast food chains. Now it's easy to request and get yellow mustard. I'm not sure about the vinegar on the cruise ships, but in the MDR, I'm sure if you specifically asked for it, the waiter would accomodate if possible. My Grandson didn't use ketchup on anything and the waiter kept asking him, "why? It's the number one condiment on burgers?" Hilarious the different things we bring to the cruiselines with our requests.

I saw bottles of vinegar and oil in the buffet. As I haven't used them, can't tell what kind of vinegar and if oil is olive.

It should be white vinegar, but could also be cider or red (but neither of these will be clear). White vinegar is used in recipes, especially Asian or sweet & sour slaws so there should be some in the galley.

I'm a born Canadian - now an American citizen. Believe me, if you want Canadian tasting white vinegar, bring it with you. American vinegar does NOT taste or smell the same, even if the bottle says Heinz on it from both countries. One thing I still bring home with me every time I go back to Vancouver is vinegar. American vinegar is for cleaning with, Canadian vinegar is for eating.

Archived