What hotel would you stay in Miam? Why?

ishophepays

I am going crazy trying to find a hotel close to the port as I will be between cruises for one day.

All I want is something clean and safe. I don't need a great view or luxury, just something that's not going to cost a fortune.

Prices in Miami and all of South FLA vary greatly by the time of year/tourist season -- tell us when you need a room and your approx. budget and that will narrow down the suggestions.

Good luck! :)

We are staying at LaQuinta East

they offer MIA shuttle, POM shuttle, continental breakfast, free 7 day parking ALL for FREE .. we are cruising in late august with our AAA discount price is $90

We have stayed in another LaQuinta location the rooms are average and meet our needs for 1 night stay. If you cruise often they also have a rewards program you can join. This is our 1st cruise and not our only cruise as DH is near retirement and we have worked hard so that we can enjoy the upcoming years:D

I am going crazy trying to find a hotel close to the port as I will be between cruises for one day.

All I want is something clean and safe. I don't need a great view or luxury, just something that's not going to cost a fortune.

Bid 4 star downtown on Priceline! When are you going, that will determine the price to bid. Check Hotwire; that will give you an idea; Hotwire is usually 10% to 20% more than Priceline.

Enjoy!

Kel:)

Prices in Miami and all of South FLA vary greatly by the time of year/tourist season -- tell us when you need a room and your approx. budget and that will narrow down the suggestions.

Good luck! :)

going 3rd week of Sept. end one cruise on Sun and wait for next one on Mon so we want something close to the port. Hoping to spend at max. $150.

Went on tripadvisor re Holiday Inn and there were so many recent postings mentioning bed bugs!

Avoid hotels near MIA such as LQ East or Blue Lagoon area hotels - you could spend $25+ each way on cab fare. :(

At that time of the year you should be able to do well downtown - try the Doubletree, Marriott, Hyatt and Intercontinental - all are much better than the Holiday Inn and some rooms offer a view of the port.

Before trying Priceline or another bidding site, do your homework on www.betterbidding.com Good luck! :)

going 3rd week of Sept. end one cruise on Sun and wait for next one on Mon so we want something close to the port. Hoping to spend at max. $150.

Went on tripadvisor re Holiday Inn and there were so many recent postings mentioning bed bugs!

Hotwire has a 4 1/2 star downtown hotel listed at $128 a night + tax. Could be the Epic Hotel or the Hotel Conrad??

If you want to bid on Priceline, I would start at around $79 and bid only four star hotels downtown.

As JohninDC recommends -- look at http://www.betterbidding.com for additional help.

Good Luck,

Hotwire has a 4 1/2 star downtown hotel listed at $128 a night + tax. Could be the Epic Hotel or the Hotel Conrad??

If you want to bid on Priceline, I would start at around $79 and bid only four star hotels downtown.

As JohninDC recommends -- look at www.betterbidding.com for additional help.

Good Luck,

Well so far I'm up to $95.00 and it is not accepting my bids!

The good news -- time is on your side, and unless there is a huge function going on that evening, you should be able score something under $100. Sept is off season, so try once a week, or if you want to be done with it, just book that Hotwire hotel. A four and half star hotel at $128 is a pretty good deal.

Good Luck!

We just returned from our short cruise yesterday. We stayed one night precruise at the Intercontinental Miami. I had bid for one night with Priceline, and we won the bid for $80. It was an amazing hotel and the staff could not have been nicer. I was just a bit concerned before we left. I had read some bad press about the hotel and staff on Trip Advisor, and had called the hotel to confirm our reservation before we left with a not so warm response. We arrived early, and the staff could not have been nicer. They let us checkin early and even gave us a beautiful harbor view room without asking for it. The hotel is just beautiful, and very clean. It is close to a CVS pharmacy, and the Bayside Marketplace is also just across the street. The taxi ride to the POM pier was about $10. I believe, they have increased the cost because of the increasing gas prices. I would HIGHLY recommend this hotel and if we cruise out of Miami again, I would definitely stay here. Check the websites others have suggested. If you can get a great price, it is worth it!

Linda

Intercontinental is very nice. We got a great rate through easy click travel.

We booked through easy click in 2009 but haven't seen them on there in a while. This time we booked through last minute travel (sister company to easy click) which has them quite regularly. Both offer great rates!

Avoid hotels near MIA such as LQ East or Blue Lagoon area hotels - you could spend $25+ each way on cab fare. :(

At that time of the year you should be able to do well downtown - try the Doubletree, Marriott, Hyatt and Intercontinental - all are much better than the Holiday Inn and some rooms offer a view of the port.

Before trying Priceline or another bidding site, do your homework on www.betterbidding.com Good luck! :)

LaQ East offers FREE MIA Shuttle AND FREE POM Shuttle

We are staying at LaQuinta East

they offer MIA shuttle, POM shuttle, continental breakfast, free 7 day parking ALL for FREE .. we are cruising in late august with our AAA discount price is $90

We have stayed in another LaQuinta location the rooms are average and meet our needs for 1 night stay. If you cruise often they also have a rewards program you can join. This is our 1st cruise and not our only cruise as DH is near retirement and we have worked hard so that we can enjoy the upcoming years:D

thanks im going to use this

Hopefully the Epic Hotel or Hotel Viceroy will come up for your stay. I would hate to have the bummer of a crappy hotel between cruises.

I would also look to stay on the beach.

Miami, is a far more vibrant and exciting town than any of your cruise stops in the Caribbean and it also has some of the greatest beaches in the world.

A lot of people mention how they get from the hotel to the port when staying in downtown Miami, but I'm curious as to your choices for getting from the airport (Miami) to the hotel.

Thanks!

When we stay at a hotel in Miami pre-cruise we take a cab from the airport to the hotel and then from the hotel to the pier in the morning. There are a TON of cabs available at the airport and it's a reasonable cost for the trip (can't recall off-hand how much). If there isn't one immediately available in the morning from the hotel the porter will flag one down for you.

A lot of people mention how they get from the hotel to the port when staying in downtown Miami, but I'm curious as to your choices for getting from the airport (Miami) to the hotel.

Thanks!

Many just get a taxi from the airport to a downtown hotel.

Some get a private car or if traveling alone some might get the shuttle.

Keith

Archived