Bringing Laptop

It's always good to have your laptop anyway if you take pictures you can transfer them over there and start to edit or if you need to check something you will have more privacy with your own laptop.

Keith

Thats what we have always done also. This time we are using an ipad so we will even be taking it on shore as I have loaded maps, schedules and all kinds of info on it.

Kirk

WIFI is avialable but costly as you use the ship network. IMHO might as well use a cellphone.

Mabye just bring the kids :D

If we bring a laptop onboard is there wifi that we can use for free? We are leaving our 2 small kids behind and would like a way to check in with them that does not cost us an arm and a leg!!:eek:

They are free websites you can surf for free using the ships wireless network. When i was on the Glory, i was able to access Carnival website, Johns Blog and like 10 other carnival sites for free

WIFI is avialable but costly as you use the ship network. IMHO might as well use a cellphone.

Mabye just bring the kids :D

LOL. As expensive as the WiFi is it is still cheaper than bringing the kids. :D

Or is it. :cool:

You can buy an internet package that is a little cheaper than just paying by the minute. We are probably going to bring our laptop and webcam on our upcoming cruise, because our kids are also going on a trip to see some other family members, so we want to have some contact with them while we are away. Of course we have two sea days then a stop in Port Canaveral, so we should be able to use our cell phones without too much roaming expense, at least those first few days.

We usually buy the package of minutes up front to save on the per minute cost...my DH likes to check his sports stuff while we are away...he doesn't drink or gamble, so it's really the only money he spends on the ship!

They are free websites you can surf for free using the ships wireless network. When i was on the Glory, i was able to access Carnival website, Johns Blog and like 10 other carnival sites for free

I have read that some people start a thread on the Carnival forums so that they can communicate with people at home, as you can access the Carnival.com forums from the ship at no charge. You may want to use some code-names instead of real names, etc but it seems like a good option for some that are just wanting to check in!

The crew members are likely to know where there's free internet access in a given port. In Bonaire you could see the free WiFi due to the people sitting in the shade with their laptops across the street from certain bars or restaurants.

Archived