Does Princess have a canvas "bag" for each of you

flashdog_1

Thanks very much. Do all cabin categories get them or only certain ones. We are in an inside. Thanks.

Every category will get a bag, but they are not canvas, they are cheap cloth "like" bags. Mine had a price tag of .99 on the bottom. :rolleyes: Looks like something you could buy from Oriental Trading for about 2 cents each.

A canvas bag similar to that shown in the first post here is given to those in full suites.

As of last Fall, I think Princess also is giving large blue bags to passengers in all other types of cabins ... I don't think they actually are canvas, more like the nonwoven material used for bags sold for grocery shopping and such.

The canvas bags are so small - I'd rather have one of the cheap ones. My computer and a book fit in it and that's about it.

On our last two cruises, they handed out the blue ones to everyone but the suites - I guess I should have said something. I like to take a number of things up to the pool.

The bag given out on Princess appears to be made of recyclable material, like the "green" bags you can get at a supermarket. I don't depend on a cruiseline to give me a bag and bring my own excursion bag. Helps identify which is mine as I reboarding and the bag goes through the scanner.

I like the grocery style totes better. I was on Celebrity in November and got the same grocery style bags. Also got a Celebrity tote that snaps up into a small purse like thing because I was in Concierge Class. I'd never use it, so I left it on board. I took my grocery style bags, though.

The bag given out on Princess appears to be made of recyclable material, like the "green" bags you can get at a supermarket. I don't depend on a cruiseline to give me a bag and bring my own excursion bag. Helps identify which is mine as I reboarding and the bag goes through the scanner.

We received one of the blue bags in our cabin on the Coral in March. We used it in almost every port, plus when we went to the pool. Held more than we thought it would. They're alot better than the cheap plastic bags that you get on RCCL - they've been giving these out since we started cruising them in the 90's and still got one on our cruise in 2010.

The blue bag was ok. We gave ours away with some items with bought on the cruise to my mother for Mother's Day. I prefer the nicer canvas bags. Although I do wish the canvas bags were larger. But it was free, so I won't complain.

We got one of the blue bags in our cabin (obstructed OV) last December. Jusr one. We used it for carrying towels,etc. to the beach on Kauai, and noticed many of our fellow passengers doing the same. We also won one of the trivia matches for which our team was given a good supply of black canvas bags...and our team members gave us a few of theirs as they've won some trivia prizes already during the cruise.

I think it's really good PR to give out the bags on the first day or so as passengers do seem to use them in the ports. And if ordered in a huge volume, the cost per item is really low.

We received one blue bag for our mini-suite cabin this past week on the Island Princess. I used a backpack in port, but the Princess bag will go into my trunk to be used for grocery shopping. I'll be able to think of my great trip as I shop! :-)

Archived