New Past Guest Rate many winter Carib. cruises

MCC retired

If you are a Princess Past Guest booked on a Caribbean itinerary this winter check with your TA to see if your sailing has the new PL7 rate code available. You may not see it on Princess.com since it's a mail promo?:rolleyes:

In previous discussions it was determined that in order to book using a rate code associated with a mailing, you need to have actually received the offer from Princess. Knowing the rate code, even if you otherwise qualify, quite often does not get you that rate.

As always, it's worth a try...

Lew

Do I need to go through a travel agent to get the PL7 rate or is there some place on the Princess website I can use it in the area where you make reservations. I don't recall any area to put in a promotional code.

Do I need to go through a travel agent to get the PL7 rate or is there some place on the Princess website I can use it in the area where you make reservations. I don't recall any area to put in a promotional code.

If you're registered on the Princess site, just log on and the past guest rate will show up. If you pretend you're doing a booking and get to the pricing page, you'll see one price. Then log in -- you'll see new rates pop up. That's what we did and saved $440 total on our reservation for next March. I keep looking at the Princess site because the people we're cruising with get the higher rate and I'm hoping for a drop for them too. So far, just for past guests.

You book a cabin with Alice and your wife books a cabin with Ted and both cabins get the past guest rate.

When you get on board then Alice goes back to Bob and your wife moves back into your cabin. Be creative there are other ways than this.

You book a cabin with Alice and your wife books a cabin with Ted and both cabins get the past guest rate.

When you get on board then Alice goes back to Bob and your wife moves back into your cabin. Be creative there are other ways than this.

How is this that obvious and I never thought of it? :eek: We are looking to book with some friends and they've never been on princess before. This might be a nice workaround to make sure we all get the best price. Appreciate it (although I'm a little annoyed at you for being smarter than me :D)

4x4bob:

Yes, as long as you are not past the Princess final payment date , Princess will adjust your rate to any available rate for which you qualify . Just did that yesterday for Jan 2012 cruise.(this is the 3rd rate code adjustment I received for my sailing date) :)

PL7 is Past Guest only.

These promos ARE tied to your CC #, so if you ask for it, it may not be available to you. Every TA has access to all the promos that you've been offered. Again, it's tied to the CC #.

holleygirl - PL7 is a promo code that gets you a lower price that TAs know how to use. This is one of the many reasons to use a TA. ;)

I had booked a February cruise on Grand a couple of months ago directly through Princess. Three weeks ago I saw it listed on the Princess website for $100 less and called to have it repriced. Last night I saw it for an additional $100 less and called to have it repriced again. I'm glad I check the website regularly.

I had booked a February cruise on Grand a couple of months ago directly through Princess. Three weeks ago I saw it listed on the Princess website for $100 less and called to have it repriced. Last night I saw it for an additional $100 less and called to have it repriced again. I'm glad I check the website regularly.

It pays to keep checking. Last year we got 2 price reductions and I have heard of folks getting as many as 3 price reductions. :D

composer:

Since a waitlist is not a true reservation ,you will only be eligable for the best current rate code available to you ,at the time, when/if the waitlist clears.

Every cruise you ever booked was waitlisted :confused:?

I suggest booking earlier or more flexiable with cabin category choices.:)

Here is the fallacy of being Elite on Princess...

We are booked on several Caribbean sailings this winter. On one specific sailing, Emerald 11/18/11, some friends mentioned today that they wanted to join us. They have ONE Princess cruise; we have 22. Their price is 10% lower than what we booked several months ago. Even cancelling our booking and then re-booking, we cannot get the same price on the same day through the same TA that they can get. We live in the same state and are the same age.

Contrast this with RC. We can get special pricing on their cruises before their promotions are opened to the public at large. Then, because we are Diamond with RC, we get an additional $250 discount off their advertised promotional fares.

Princess has wonderful past passenger benefits, but we pay for part of them by being charged higher fares for the cruise itself.

We love Princess, but these sorts of things do irritate a bit...

We are booked on several Caribbean sailings this winter. On one specific sailing, Emerald 11/18/11, some friends mentioned today that they wanted to join us. They have ONE Princess cruise; we have 22. Their price is 10% lower than what we booked several months ago. Even cancelling our booking and then re-booking, we cannot get the same price on the same day through the same TA that they can get. We live in the same state and are the same age.

Contrast this with RC. We can get special pricing on their cruises before their promotions are opened to the public at large. Then, because we are Diamond with RC, we get an additional $250 discount off their advertised promotional fares.

Princess has wonderful past passenger benefits, but we pay for part of them by being charged higher fares for the cruise itself.

As you said, there are no price advantages to being Elite & possibly even a disadvantage when it comes to being upgraded. The perks are among the best of any cruise lines but I'd still like to see a few more recognition perks which wouldn't cost them anything extra.

Your travel agent can call Princess Customer Relations and should be able to get you the rate that your friends have. Your friends have to be booked on the same cruise same category cabin and you should be re-fared. All he/she has to say is that it is embarrassing that this can happen to a loyal Princess passenger.

4x4bob:

Yes, as long as you are not past the Princess final payment date , Princess will adjust your rate to any available rate for which you qualify . Just did that yesterday for Jan 2012 cruise.(this is the 3rd rate code adjustment I received for my sailing date) :)

PL7 is Past Guest only.

My TA also said that PL7 is only for oceanview and above catagories. We have an inside catagory.

PescadoAmarillo:

Assuming your friends are booking the same category as you have booked , since you are still out side of Princess Final Payment date ,

your TA should be able to reprice you .:confused:

Current Past Guest rate code promos for your sailing are PEC , PEH , and PL6 .I'll bet your friends are booked on one of these promos?

If so , you qualify also .(these rate codes only apply to certain categories)

There are no FLASH rates (new booking only) on your sailing yet .

Your TA may be reluctant to reprice you as it means less $$.

Archived