Gratituies

Those tips cover your room attendant, your waiter and ass't. waiter, and head waiter. Every drink purchase (whether alcohol or soda) will add 15% as a tip to the price of each drink.

The only other tips you MAY need will be for room service delivery, if you utilize that option...$1-5 depending on how much they have to carry to you.

How much do they charge for tips on a 3 day cruise?

Check out this thread which will allow you to calculate the amount of tips that are suggested for your cruise:http://cruisetip.tpkeller.com/

I just give $2-$3 dollars to my waiter/stateroom attendant every day...it ends up being a whole lot cheaper than the prepaid gratuities. Dont pre-pay them.

So you don't give anything to the Assistant Waiter?

So you don't give anything to the Assistant Waiter?

I give $2-$3 a day to everyone that does a service. Just forget to name everyone. I even left a tip once for the guy that was cleaning the plates at the Mongo Cafe in the Royal Promenade on the Oasis.

I just give $2-$3 dollars to my waiter/stateroom attendant every day...

I'm not sure if you posted this just to get a rise out of us, or you are serious... but that amount doesn't even begin to cover their services.

...it ends up being a whole lot cheaper than the prepaid gratuities.

Umm, yes, well something ends up being cheaper... :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I'm not sure if you posted this just to get a rise out of us, or you are serious... but that amount doesn't even begin to cover their services.

Umm, yes, well something ends up being cheaper... :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I have a very fixed budget when it comes to cruises, due to these tough times. You have to understand that. I have to save somewhere, to be able to spend elsewhere maybe on a port or an excursion for my family. I can't just leave my whole cruise vacation at dinner.

I have a very fixed budget when it comes to cruises, due to these tough times. You have to understand that. I have to save somewhere, to be able to spend elsewhere maybe on a port or an excursion for my family. I can't just leave my whole cruise vacation at dinner.

We're all on a budget of some sort BUT most of us consider the gratuities as part of the cruise fare and work from there. I don't imagine you'd appreciate your boss taking money from you so he/she could use it for something else..........

yeah, not sure if that helped your case...

It has been $9 per person per day until recently. In this economic turn down it was not a good idea for RCL to raise their fares via the gratuities. If RCL wants to give THEIR employees a raise then they should do so. I believe if you stuck with the $9 per person per day you'd be good. Tipping is at your discretion, not this boards. Enjoy your vacation.

Hear, Hear! Totally agree! It's your discretion, not the board's.

And that is precisely why the tips should be automatically added to the cruise fare.

Everyone can make the EXCUSE that they are on a "tight budget."

Well guess what? It's even a tighter budget for the waiters and stewards who have left their families at home to make some money to support their kids.

Nope, this kind of thinking stinks and is just a rationalization for those who who are living by the Garfield the Cat Code... namely... "It's all about ME!"

C'mon RCCL, at least do what Carnival does and automatically add the tips to the Sea Pass Account.

And that is precisely why the tips should be automatically added to the cruise fare.

Well guess what? It's even a tighter budget for the waiters and stewards who have left their families at home to make some money to support their kids.

Nope, this kind of thinking stinks and is just a rationalization for those who who are living by the Garfield the Cat Code... namely... "It's all about ME!"

C'mon RCCL, at least do what Carnival does and automatically add the tips to the Sea Pass Account.

Well said.:)

Listen, you don't live in my shoes. I work MIRACLES to make these cruises happen. Me and my wife were practically laid off the week before our last cruise and are working very hard to make this next one happen, and I can't spend $300 on just tips. And guess what? I do know what it means to leave your family behind. I moved to the United States 7 years ago and my family moved a year later so yeah, I do know what it's like starting from scratch in a new place without your family. And last year, I left my family once again in Florida and moved to Dallas for 6 months to work there, until I fell from a roof on the job and had to move back with my family, jobless. So before you say things, think about the situation the person on the other side might me in.

I just give $2-$3 dollars to my waiter/stateroom attendant every day...it ends up being a whole lot cheaper than the prepaid gratuities. Dont pre-pay them.

Is cheap really what you want to be? If you choose My Time Dining, you don't have any choice but to prepay the tips, and in comparison to the cruise fare, are your "savings" really worth it. The suggested amounts, even at the new rates, are hardly onorous.:rolleyes: Interesting rationalizations. If things are really tough perhaps foregoing a cruise or two might make life a bit easier, but I guess the denying the staff their well deserved is easier than denying yourselves those extra excursions, drinks and souvenirs.:rolleyes:

Is cheap really what you want to be? If you choose My Time Dining, you don't have any choice but to prepay the tips, and in comparison to the cruise fare, are your "savings" really worth it. The suggested amounts, even at the new rates, are hardly onorous.:rolleyes: Interesting rationalizations. If things are really tough perhaps foregoing a cruise or two might make life a bit easier, but I guess the denying the staff their well deserved is easier than denying yourselves those extra excursions, drinks and souvenirs.:rolleyes:

None of you know what true hard work is, so please, just save it.

I didn't realize that you were so familiar our work ethic or were the arbiter of what "true hard work" actually is. I guess that your work entitles you to stiff the cruise staff, who, the last time I checked, work harder and for longer hours than most of us. Perhaps you should sign up since it is much easier than your current job, whatever that might be.:rolleyes:

Just my opinion.....If you truely understand hard work then you should probably rethink your approach to tipping.

Folks will keep fueling your fire and you will keep blowing smoke.

Listen, you don't live in my shoes. I work MIRACLES to make these cruises happen. Me and my wife were practically laid off the week before our last cruise and are working very hard to make this next one happen, and I can't spend $300 on just tips. And guess what? I do know what it means to leave your family behind. I moved to the United States 7 years ago and my family moved a year later so yeah, I do know what it's like starting from scratch in a new place without your family. And last year, I left my family once again in Florida and moved to Dallas for 6 months to work there, until I fell from a roof on the job and had to move back with my family, jobless. So before you say things, think about the situation the person on the other side might me in.

You might want to take your own advice before your next cruise............

Thanks for your posting! I agree with you. We can tip what we want. The cruise line shouldn't tell us what they want us to tip. Maybe they should start paying their employees a decent salary so they don't have to depend on the passengers for money. Why do you think the ships aren't registered in the US? So they don't have to abide by our laws! Starting paying them a decent wage!

Archived