food food and more food

Ms. T

Yes...you may take food from the buffet and even, the dining room to your cabin. No worries. While we generally don't bring much (it's too hard to eat in a cabin without a dining table!), coffee/pastries, etc... are easy to do.

You can order room service and have it brought to your cabin. There's no reason to go to the MDR and carry food back, unless someone is sick. But like I said, all you need do is call room service.

There is no microwave, so no way to re-heat any hot food. And any refrigerator in the cabin will be small and not keep food very cold. I do see people taking desserts back to the cabin for eating later. Don't forget silverware. When finished, just leave it on your coffee table or desk in your cabin, and your steward will pick it up.

You can order room service and have it brought to your cabin. There's no reason to go to the MDR and carry food back, unless someone is sick. But like I said, all you need do is call room service.

Not true for all lines, Princess, for example, does not offer MDR selections for room service.

• 2 weeks later...

We've never taken any food from Main Dining Room to our cabin.

On HAL, you can order from the MDR dinner menu served from Room Service. The few times we didn't dress and go out for one reason or another, we ordered for dinner to be delivered.

Anyone ever taking food from the MDR back to their stateroom? Can you order to-go plates? ;)

The menu in the dining room for dinner will be the same on the buffet minus a few items.

Curious- why would you want to do that?

room service is available 24/7 as is the pizza place.

Carnival does not allow you to order MDR food through room service. They also do not allow yu to go to the MDR and ask for your meal 'to go'. EM

We have been able to get the Cheese Plate to go. Never tried the whole meal.

For me, the temp would never be hot enough, etc. I just order from room service unless it's a small dessert or something easily transported. Omelets, fruit and coffee can be ordered from room service (RCCL) so I wouldn't think of trying to juggle it, even with a tray, with long halls, elevators, etc. They will allow you to do almost anything, but if you sit down at a table in the MDR and ask for "to go" you will be waiting quite a while.

I have never ordered from the MDR to go for myself, but I have been on cruises where someone at my table did order a meal to go from the MDR and there was no problem. Personally , I would think that the food would be cold by the time you got to your room .... but to each his own :)

Eating in the room always seems to be a hassle as there is limited space. Of course, once people finish, they rectify this by putting their soiled plates out in the hall for other to trip on instead of letting the room attendant take care of it during morning/night service.

Eating in the room always seems to be a hassle as there is limited space. Of course, once people finish, they rectify this by putting their soiled plates out in the hall for other to trip on instead of letting the room attendant take care of it during morning/night service.

The only way you are going to trip over my plate is if you are walking on the table on my balcony. I don't put my plates outside the cabin door.

The only way you are going to trip over my plate is if you are walking on the table on my balcony. I don't put my plates outside the cabin door.

Agree that it's a bad habit but my first thought was that if you are tripping over a plate laying on the floor you must have had one too many drinks!

Archived