At what price should I BUY RCL stock????

I missed buying RCL stock before it really started to climb. Today, I see that RCL stock is at $24 a share. Is now a good time to buy or is it wiser to see if it goes lower and buy then?:confused:

Or with what's happening on the stock market, should I just spend my money on an RCCL cruise and help support the current RCL stockholders?

:o

Unless RCI stock is a part of your total investment portfolio, you shouldn't buy it at all. Getting a "stockholder discount" isn't worth it if the stock prices plummet! Or, if you have to pay some sort of "fee" to trade your stock!

If you're not in the market....skip this! You'll be spending money needlessly!

Oh I sure feel sorry for the current stockholders! Below $7 sounds impossible but affordable!

If I recall right, the stockholders credit isn't combinable with the Diamond benefit...if I'm wrong, would someone please correct me? Thanks!

There is a table somewhere that shows what is and what isn't combinable, but I can't find my copy to post at the moment. Maybe someone else has one handy.....

I missed buying RCL stock before it really started to climb. Today, I see that RCL stock is at $24 a share. Is now a good time to buy or is it wiser to see if it goes lower and buy then?:confused:

Or with what's happening on the stock market, should I just spend my money on an RCCL cruise and help support the current RCL stockholders?

Now that the plunging stock market and the antics in Washington regarding the debt limit/budget deficit fiasco have whipped people into

a frenzy regarding the future stability of the nearterm economy IMHO people will operate under the assumption that taking a cruise now isn't the smartest thing that they should do with their money and will defer bookings. They'll probably be a good number of cancellations as well.

If there are bookings people will wait until the very last minute to book so they can get the very best deal they can get. RCI will have to reduce rates to fill ships. This will reduce company income.

Final analysis: not a good time to be in the cruise and leisure business, and their stocks will keep dropping until people feel that they will have jobs security and discretionary disposable income to cruise with again.

Other than that I am totally positive.

Count yourself lucky that you didnt buy. If you are in for the long term 3-5 years then $25 per share is a good price. Otherwise I'd wait to see about the CA lawsuit that was filed by shareholders.

Oh I sure feel sorry for the current stockholders! Below $7 sounds impossible but affordable!

If I recall right, the stockholders credit isn't combinable with the Diamond benefit...if I'm wrong, would someone please correct me? Thanks!

There is a table somewhere that shows what is and what isn't combinable, but I can't find my copy to post at the moment. Maybe someone else has one handy.....

I bought mine when it hit $15, sold it at $40 and paid for our Allure cruise.

If the stock drops below $10. I will buy again. I bought at $30.50 a couple years ago. When it peaked at a little over $49., I sold and made a little over $2,000. profit. :D :D

Plus I was able to get several OBC of the stock before they took the combinable benefit

away from us. :eek:

Id advise not to buy. Its going to continue to fall like a rock. IMO I think it will drop past the 5yr low of 6.52 before this is all over with. Save your money and book a cruise!

Actually May 2,2009 the open was $5.80:).

Is a good bench mark if buying mainly for OBC. I bought at $6 and again at around $5 but i hope it never goes that low again, I would not like to have the worries of the great recession again.

Now that the plunging stock market and the antics in Washington regarding the debt limit/budget deficit fiasco have whipped people into

a frenzy regarding the future stability of the nearterm economy IMHO people will operate under the assumption that taking a cruise now isn't the smartest thing that they should do with their money and will defer bookings. They'll probably be a good number of cancellations as well.

If there are bookings people will wait until the very last minute to book so they can get the very best deal they can get. RCI will have to reduce rates to fill ships. This will reduce company income.

Final analysis: not a good time to be in the cruise and leisure business, and their stocks will keep dropping until people feel that they will have jobs security and discretionary disposable income to cruise with again.

Other than that I am totally positive.

I disagree with you. Yes yesterday was a bad day for the stock market not to mention the last few weeks with the debt issue has not been good either but bookings are still very strong and I don't think we're in for a repeat of 2008-09. Just look at prices for the Allure and Oasis for example. You can go well in to next year and see there are no bargains to be had. Also these people predicting the stock price to go down fall down to 2009 levels are totally ridiculous. I didn't know E.F. Hutton was on cruise critic.

I disagree with you. Yes yesterday was a bad day for the stock market not to mention the last few weeks with the debt issue has not been good either but bookings are still very strong and I don't think we're in for a repeat of 2008-09. Just look at prices for the Allure and Oasis for example. You can go well in to next year and see there are no bargains to be had. Also these people predicting the stock price to go down fall down to 2009 levels are totally ridiculous. I didn't know E.F. Hutton was on cruise critic.

dave, how do you excuse the accounting faux pas that has brought down the stock much more than the market averages?

dave, how do you excuse the accounting faux pas that has brought down the stock much more than the market averages?

OTOH, RCL does have a bigger run up than CCL during the same time period.

Yes, the stock went down much more than market average, but it also risen much more than market average as well, so it is all a wash.

Details please.

If you look at plot the performance of RCL and CCL on the same graph over the last year, you will see what I was talking about. When RCL hit its 52 weeks high, it was up 70.45% vs CCL being only up 35.29%.

Fast forward to today, RCL is down 16.44% vs CCL is down 13.3%, so really, it was just a wash for RCl.

Bought last night at the closing price of $24. RCL Opened this morning at $25:D Thanks to everyone who panicked and sold off their RCL stock, I'm up $100 in less than 12 hours.

E F Hutton say..."Beware of dead cat bounce"

E F Hutton say..."Beware of dead cat bounce"

True, presuming the cat is actually dead:). Of course, EF Hutton no longer exists, and what's left of it is now part of Citigroup (now there's a sound investment:p). RCL on the other hand has sound fundamentals, quickly acknowledged and fixed an accounting error caused by ever-changing FASB and GAAP rules (thanks Dodd/Frank:rolleyes:), and the stock is rated a strong buy by multiple analysts.

Archived