Missed the ship

Croozer101

I heard there were 5 people that missed the ship leaving Jamaica. What happens to you when this occurs? What if your passport is still on the ship? You have to pay for a hotel and a flight to the next port or maybe even back to Miami? This is a scarry thought although I do understand it is their own darn fault . Propbably spent too much time in Margaritaville

I heard there were 5 people that missed the ship leaving Jamaica. What happens to you when this occurs? What if your passport is still on the ship? You have to pay for a hotel and a flight to the next port or maybe even back to Miami? This is a scarry thought although I do understand it is their own darn fault . Propbably spent too much time in Margaritaville

The first order of business is take a picture of the aft of ship. Second cry. Third go get drunk.

OK Seriously now ...

Contact the port agent and they will get you in contact with US consulate.

If you did not get in touch with the ship to have them leave your passport you will need to get that replaced before you are going anywhere .. usually 2-4 days. Hopefully you have enough credit on your charge cards to pay for the next few days of hotels, food, airline tickets and full price for new passports.

After all that go get drunk and try to enjoy your extended vacation.

It was the ganja, lol.

They(the ship) know if you don't reboard, and generally will pack up your stuff and leave it onshore, along with whatever is in your safe. Too bad! They should have watched the time!

That is ONLY if you contact the ship. They will not just go in and pack or go in your safe.

I have asked Carnival this question after reading rubbish like this.

The ship needs your permission first.

Don't laugh because on my first cruise in 1991 two women decided to buy some Ganja. Well, lets just say the drug sniffing dogs that the cops had sniffed it out quickly and ya, the women were arrested and spent some time in the free accommodations the Jamaican Prison system supplies to those who don't listen to the CD when they say DON'T DO IT!!!!

Cozumel is worse for missing people....most times I have gone there someone has missed the ship

On our first cruise '03, the Inspiration had New Orleans as one of its ports of calls. My husband and I videoed several crew members pushing 4 wheelchairs with people (who had evidently spent too much time on Bourbon St.) back onto the ship just before we sailed. I guess they couldn't crawl any further. I will look for that video and try to post it.

This is why I don't understand why people will go to the trouble of getting a passport and then leave it in their safe. What good does it do you there? You are in a foreign country, take it with you.

Sewut

Missing the ship is really very rare. It does happen but people on these boards make is sound like they leave 4-5 people at every port.

Ships will wait for some time depending on the situation.

In the Med in May there was a couple who repeatedly almost missed the ship. Truly down to the last 15 minutes, and once with about 5 minutes. They called and called for them and every night we would hear that there were 6, 2 people still out, then an announcement that everyone was on board. Finally, a different couple missed the ship in Naples and had to take a very expensive commuter flight to Messina (actually flight to Palermo and then a bus to Messina). Flights and hotels were on their own dime.

Missing the ship is really very rare. It does happen but people on these boards make is sound like they leave 4-5 people at every port.

Ships will wait for some time depending on the situation.

Um, it's not that rare of an occurrence. John posts on Facebook when folks are missing and it seems to happen fairly regularly.

So, lets say you go on a cruise, miss the ship, your passport is in the safe, and you only have a few hundred dollars on your credit card, because the ship put such a large hold on your card tied to your s&s card.

Does this make you a resident of the Island now, because you can't afford to leave?

Check out YouTube and type in the search "missed ship" and you'll see a few people running the pier trying to catch the ship. Its always fun watching the stragglers making that last leap and cheering them on. :-). This past April and August when we were on the Inspiration in Cozumel we had a few.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk. Please excuse any typographical errors.

Really? Is that true?

No It is NOT!

You would have to contact the ship before sail away and give permission.

They do not go and pack your things or go in your safe for your passport.

Once again YOU have to contact the ship and GIVE permission.

No It is NOT!

You would have to contact the ship before sail away and give permission.

They do not go and pack your things or go in your safe for your passport.

Once again YOU have to contact the ship and GIVE permission.

Carnival security went into the missing passengers' safes, took their passports out, and left them with the port agent. That's what John posted on FB about this latest incident. He didn't address whether or not the passengers had given permission...

last year we spent 2 weeks at the casa del mar in Cozumel we met more than 10 different people that missed the boat. It happens ALL THE TIME! Carnival, Royal, it did not matter which line. We met a honeymooner that missed the boat and her new husband made it all the way to miami, flew home to texas and back to cozumel before his new bride got her passport. Someone sent it to cancun instead of cozumel. Don't think it can't happen to you one fellow I met was on his 17th cruise all he said is I Knew better.

Archived