Can you beat this?

have had a few issues like that on RCL, could have forced the issue, but, it's not worth the aggravation to deal with these jerks.

Can tell you that we have cruised on Carnival extensively and there are many more episodes like this because of the low-rent types that seem to frequent Carnival

For years we laughed and shook our heads at "PC" speak....now it owns our society. We tolerated behaviors as people expressing themselves..now it comes home to roost...we set the new standards by not upholding the original ones ourselves.

DO NOT let people bully you....at a show, by the pool, on an elevator...stand up for what is right.

It's on page 2 of the guest conduct policy under "Discourteous or Disruptive Behavior."

I'm sure I've seen it in other places while onboard as well.

I am going to find that, copy it, and hand it out on our cruise next March if we have any issues. Perhaps we should all do this, especially on the pool deck chairs. :)

It may be written in the Cruise Compass, I'd have to check... but I know for sure it is mentioned a few times before the show in the announcements about that, and that no flash photography is permitted.

Yes, you hear that announcement all the time just before the show starts. My favorite

is the one with Sean Connery's voice. :D

I was seated next to a young woman that kept taking flash pictures during the show. I

finally leaned over to her and told her "My camera was confiscated by security last night for

doing that...just be careful!" She looked stricken and quickly put it away, keeping a hawks eye around her expecting someone to take from her at anytime.

I did not bring a camera on the ship. ;) Hardest part was trying to keep from laughing

out loud!!

I posted this previously on a thread about saving seats. It is the most unbelievable thing that I have seen, so far, on a cruise. I have seen a 2 year old put out of his seat when 2 seniors (I'd say late 70s, early 80s) took a seat that belonged to the 2 year old. It was at the ice show on the Liberty. There was an entire family sitting in front of DH and I - children, parents, grandparents. The 2 year old was sitting on grandmom's lap until the show started. Well, just as the show was starting these 2 seniors walked in. The wife shoved her way in the row in front of me and got into an argument with the family. She told them that there is no saving of seats. The family argued that the 2 year old was there but just sitting on grandmom's lap until the show started. The child was actually just getting off of grandmom's lap to take his own seat. Then, I'm going to call her an "old bitty" was nasty as can be and took the seat. Her husband slid in next to me. I was very upset for that family and I wanted to stand up and yell but I didn't. I had never seen anything like that on any of my cruises. First, the old couple waits until the show is just starting and then takes a small child's seat. And they were great seats also. Then the couple proceeds to talk during the entire ice show. She would turn around and talk to him and he would respond. And they were not speaking softly either. I was so disgusted with the entire lack of courtesy that the old couple showed to the young family. The child's dad started to get upset but then decided that it wasn't worth it. Sometimes shows really bring out the worse in people. I hope that I never see anything like that again. It showed such a lack of respect for the family by those 2 old people. My momma taught me to respect my elders but I had no respect for what they did. Anyway, saving of seats can become a "battle-ground" on a ship!

Several times I have sat in a "saved" row of seats. I generally ignore comments. Tho' I have been known to respond to the "these seats are saved", with, "not this one".

Love this and I would also say "Oh no, I was in here earlier and already had this one saved, sorry."

Putting

On one of our cruises there was a very large family, grandparents, parents, aunt, uncles and children.

All of the children, total of 12 were at the table next to us. NO adults. Ages ranged from about 6 to 16.

They were the most well behaved table in the entire MDR. Not once did an adult have to intercede or correct any of their behaviour. They read the menus and ordered by themselves.

On the last night I had to go over to the adults table, sat down, and complimented them on how well behaved their children were, and it was a pleasure watching them at dinner time.

Children are a reflection of the parents.

Love this and I would also say "Oh no, I was in here earlier and already had this one saved, sorry."

Love this comment. I don't have the nerve to pull it off but I sure wish that I did. I even hate to save my husband's seat when he goes to the bathroom as I am always concerned that someone will try to sit down.

One or 2 seats are okay to save, but more than that, I say NO!

Love this comment. I don't have the nerve to pull it off but I sure wish that I did. I even hate to save my husband's seat when he goes to the bathroom as I am always concerned that someone will try to sit down.

One or 2 seats are okay to save, but more than that, I say NO!

I agree that one person saving one seat should be OK.

Ok, now that I know the policy is actually written down and announced before the shows, I am going to be braver.

If I get there 30-45 minutes early, and someone is saving an entire row of seats where I want to sit, darn it, I'm sitting there!

Well, that is if I can convince my husband to go along with it...otherwise I might be sitting by myself!

It never works for me to be confrontational with someone about seats. Invariably if a scene gets made, that person who screams at me will be in the cabin next to me, at the adjoining dinner table, on the same tender, and sitting next to me on the flight home.

You and me both! It seems like every time I stand up to a line cutter or something similar, that one person winds up being one of the people you just mentioned. My wife calls me a sh*t magnet.

I printed out the policy and underlined it on page 2 in red and hope to remember to pack it on my next cruise. That person holding 6 rows for the evening show was so out of line. DH kept saying don't cause a scene and they didn't use all the seats after all. Even after that lady screamed and acted crazy they didn't use all the seats. Maybe that was her plan. Act crazy and no one would take a seat??

My favorite story ... when I was on the Mariner out of LA, a woman was saving nearly the entire front row of seats along one side of the ice rink for the ice show. The place filled up and there were literally people trying to sit in the aisle. One woman from the front row of the middle section (facing the skater's entrance) cut the corner over to the side to tell the people on the steps that the woman taking up the first row could not save seats and that they should feel free to sit there. An argument between these two women ensued, after the show started, that let to thrown punches and the arrival of security to a) tell people to fill those seats and b) take the SeaPass cards of both of the women involved in the scuffle.
See here is the problem. If I responded to one of these incidents, I would be dealing with security.

The problem is you think you are responding to a moron. Unfortunately all most people are going to see is 2 morons fighting.

Besides this my DW would be so pissed at me. OMG - so pissed!

This might not have been my finest moment, but I got into it last week with a guy on Allure over the whole seat saving thing.....I was cruising with my mother and it started the night we went to see Chicago. We lined up early for the doors to open as we had reservations. We noticed two little girls at the front who couldn't have been more then 7 years old. They had been standing at the doors for awhile. When they started to let people in they ran to the beginning of the middle section (right before it drops down a bit and a nice ledge is there). The spread out and sat on opposite sides of the row thereby saving around 8 seats total. Basically, all the seats in one of the prime spots in the theatre. The 6 or so adults finally arrived as the show was starting after the girls had sat there for 45 minutes telling people the seats were saved and causing a lot of commotion because people kept filling in to sit there.

A few nights later we went to see "Blue Planet" and the same exact thing happened. This time my mom and I sat in the same row, but near the aisle. The girls had come in first and proceeded to save the same 8 seats. The show was filling up fast and the girls kept running across us, out of the row and into the aisle to stop people from coming in. After awhile, it became a bit crazy as more and more people were coming in and everyone kept trying to come down our row to sit in the seats. They would make it down to the area and the girls would turn them away. We (my mother and I and another couple sitting on the other side of us) would have to stand up and let them pass each time. It was maddening after awhile.

About 10 minutes before the show, the mother and father come in and sit down, but we were still missing the other four people. The show was packed so more and more people kept coming in to sit down. One couple made it down there and the father told them that people were sitting there. I just told the couple to "sit down because the seats had been empty the whole time". I was tired of it.

This started a huge argument with the father who made a comment to me about "minding my own business". To which I said I would if they would stop being so rude and inconsiderate. Needless to say we got into it. It was pretty bad. He kept telling me they had a right to save seats because they had a "Gold colored sea pass (for having a suite)". I explained that only meant they had certain sections reserved for them at some shows, etc. It did not give them the right to be so rude and inconsiderate as to leave two young girls to save a chunk of seats for nearly an hour as they did what they pleased until they were ready to show up at the last minute.

This went on for awhile. The whole time this guy was yelling at me I could tell he was just trying to bully me and intimidate me, but I wouldn't back down. I just made a point of explaining that he knew it was wrong, everyone around us knew he was rude, and I was simply going to be the one who would say it to his face. There was more and it was very heated, but you get the idea.

At least it is a big ship and I never saw him again.

This might not have been my finest moment, but I got into it last week with a guy on Allure over the whole seat saving thing....

This went on for awhile. The whole time this guy was yelling at me I could tell he was just trying to bully me and intimidate me, but I wouldn't back down. I just made a point of explaining that he knew it was wrong, everyone around us knew he was rude, and I was simply going to be the one who would say it to his face. There was more and it was very heated, but you get the idea.

At least it is a big ship and I never saw him again.

Kudos to you for explaining to him (sadly I'm sure he didn't have an open mind to actual hear you). Sometimes bullies just have to be stood up to.

Erika

have had a few issues like that on RCL, could have forced the issue, but, it's not worth the aggravation to deal with these jerks.

Can tell you that we have cruised on Carnival extensively and there are many more episodes like this because of the low-rent types that seem to frequent Carnival

Like yourselves ?:confused:

Too bad that others did not join you. If I had been there, he would have heard from me.

Archived