Menace of the Seas

Yo Eleven

I agree 100%!

If you Right-coasters don't want her, us Lefties will gladly take her back!

You must be kidding me:eek: You are really asking for a ship that ran into a reef some - how many - years back and isn´t stable since then anymore??? Are you looking to commit suicide with wanting to sail on such a ship that is unstable, can´t handle the seas and probably isn´t seaworthy since the accident:rolleyes: at least all according to the OP:rolleyes:;)

Hmmm -- you're right. Wonder how well all those ships (RC&X) in the Med are paying off for them, right about now?

I didn't say it was the right decision. :D All I'm saying is that their decision was purely based on the bottom line.

You must be kidding me:eek: You are really asking for a ship that ran into a reef some - how many - years back and isn´t stable since then anymore??? Are you looking to commit suicide with wanting to sail on such a ship that is unstable, can´t handle the seas and probably isn´t seaworthy since the accident:rolleyes: at least all according to the OP:rolleyes:;)

Yeah, send her back to LA :)

I only cruised on her 7 times over the few years she was here. All of them great little cruises. There are people who cruised on her many more times than that. It was a good value, nicer ship than what Carnival had to offer, for a lot less money.

Only one really rough ride, heading northbound in a storm.

Yeah, send her back to LA :)

I only cruised on her 7 times over the few years she was here. All of them great little cruises. There are people who cruised on her many more times than that. It was a good value, nicer ship than what Carnival had to offer, for a lot less money.

Only one really rough ride, heading northbound in a storm.

But I don´t want my Californian friends to be in danger;):)

Yuppers, that's what I'm asking for

Danger is my middle name...

No...wait a minute... Carl is my middle name. Never mind

Forgetting the sales hype…. Cruising still involves a “ship”…. which is on an unstable surface….water. While Cruise Lines attempt to provide a non-moving surface… the only guarantee is called a “land-based hotel”. Not everyone can be happy with any movement. Being uncomfortable or seasick is not fun. We love the Monarch and Majesty, but, understand those who might be uncomfortable. There are options.

• 4 weeks later...

I have been on the Monarch of the Seas twice, and sailing again on it in 29 days! We have had nothing but good experiences on it. In October when we were on it last, we had to bypass Coco Cay due to the winds being so bad the tenders could not get up to the ship. The first time we were able to go there and hopefully next month as well. Also when we sailed it in October, we were told by a crew member that it will be retired in 2013 and replaced with a newer ship...

Isn't it funny how RCI conveniently forgets that Cozumel is part of Mexico when telling us why they don't sail the MR itinerary anymore?:rolleyes: Oversaturation of the market is something they conveniently omit, too.

I would expand on your comment to note that I haven't heard of any cruise ship passengers being shot at or killed on the Mexican Riviera. It's a shame that the media paint the entire country with one brush. I wonder if visitors to the US base their decision on the crime rates in NYC or LA.

Sorry, what was the original topic of thise thread?:confused:;)

But you and I know that the public perception of problems (both crime and disease) in the Mexican Riviera played a major role in the drop in interest in cruises (not only for RCI but other lines as well) to that region. While Cozumel is certainly part of Mexico, it doesn't have the same stigma attached that applied to those other regions. Whatever the reason for the decline in demand for MR cruises, it should be admitted that the decline was real and the bottom line made RCI's decision to move its ships elsewhere pretty much inevitable. Someone once said something to the effect of: "don't try to confuse me with facts, I know what I believe and that is all that matters"

As far as the crime rates in NYC, Miami and LA having an effect on visitors' decisions to visit those locations, I think you would find that they do, though perhaps not to the extent that a visit to a foreign location might have.

When conditions change and redeploying ships to the West Coast makes more financial sense, that is what is going to happen. But not until that time. Whether we like it or agree with their deployment decisions or not, we have to realize that those decisions are theirs to make, and they will prosper or fail based on those decisions.

My son and I sailed Monarch this past April and loved it. The service in MDR was definitely something to write home about. Wonderful servers, Ajay and Sommy. My son had never cruised before (he's 13) and refused to take any preventive seasickness meds. He did great. The more that ship rocked, the happier he was. He LOVED the motion of the ship.

We were rocking and rolling like never before last week on Monarch, but I think it was a mix of the gulf stream and the direction we were heading more than the ship itself. That being said, I hardly ever complain, but the ship looked tired and needs some refreshing. We had a great cruise for the money and would do it again with the right price, but I prefer the Majesty and I would have been disappointed if I was expecting more than I was going into it. Plus, you can't beat the monarchs prices in the off season!

• 11 months later...

I hope you don't mind me bring this thread back to life. I do have good reason to do so. I just booked again today on this ship. I figure I will give it another chance before it is "retired" well sort of as it is moving to Spain. Plus the price was right!!!!!!!! Hopefully, I will give it a better report this time around!!!!!!

I hope you don't mind me bring this thread back to life. I do have good reason to do so. I just booked again today on this ship. I figure I will give it another chance before it is "retired" well sort of as it is moving to Spain. Plus the price was right!!!!!!!! Hopefully, I will give it a better report this time around!!!!!!

I do hope that you cancel. I cannot remember anything that you said to be positive, and why would you want to try something again that you thought was so unstable, that you thought it better to be part of an underwater sea garden, for the fish.

You did not like it then, and made more comments about anyone else's positive posts, like you were the only one that knew that the Monarch was in dire straights!

So, pray tell, why are you booking her again?

So that you can post 50 more times how terrible she is??

Please, for the rest of us on CC...........please let us know that you canceled your plans, which probably includes scuttling her, just to prove your point.

If you don't want to cancel her, at least let someone know, so that they can keep an eye on you!!:D

Aww, kiddng you, just come back and tell us how much fun you had.......this time!!;)

Rick

I figure I will give it another chance before it is "retired" well sort of as it is moving to Spain.

Actually she is being transferred to Pullmantur, an RCCL corporation subsidiary, and will be home ported in Curacao. Hope you have a much better cruise this time. We are going on the last 4 night to say goodbye to all our friends who will be spread to the winds in the RCL fleet!!!

We just got off the Monarch yesterday. My family had a wonderful time. We didn't have any issues with the ship. She may not be the biggest or newest, but she fed us well! :)

I hope you have a better experience this time. It was a little rocky for us, but I use the Transderm Scop patch.

Really? :confused::confused::confused:

After all you said a year ago, my only response is......huh?!:confused:

Archived