List your camera's

c230k

Different paths... :)

Make that 40 years for me and the first thirty with Minolta. When KM pulled out of the camera business, I stayed with Sony. I had a couple of bouts with buyer's remorse and took a lot of heat from friends in the CaNikon camp for the first few years but my choice has finally paid off with Sony on a roll now. Heck, they even make most of everyone else's sensors. Who'd have predicted that 10 years ago?

The good news it that it has become almost impossible to make a bad brand choice these days. Competition has all of them pushing the limits of the tech and everybody that clicks a shutter is a winner because of it.

Happy shooting...with whatever's on your list!

Dave

Dave, I came very close to making the same decision and sticking with Sony, very happy with Nikon but do miss my 7000 at times. To this day I maintain that Minolta had some of the very best glass out of anyone.

Have a great night!!

Current cruise kit, everything fits with international carry on size and weights

* carry on

** checked in luggage

D810 *

D3s *

20mm AFs 1.8 G *

50 Afs 1.8 G *

70 -200 AFS VR II f2.8 *

400 AFs II 2.8D *

TCe 1.4 *

TCe 2 III *

SB-800 *

RRS TVC-34 tripod **

Kirk King Cobra head **

Kirk super grip*

Monopod w/kirk monopod head**

Thinktank glass limo *

AK here I come...

framer

April 7, 2015, I updated my list from a few years previous. Now, there have been some more changes, and some new gear on the way...so here's my re-re-updated gear list, with future changes as well:

Currently, I have:

Sony A580 DSLR

Sony A6000 mirrorless

Update: I pre-ordered a Sony A68 SLT which will take over for my A580 - moving my A580 to backup duty...due to arrive in May

Update: I ordered a Sony A6300 mirrorless to replace my A6000, which will now stick around as my backup mirrorless system

Lenses currently in use (alphabetically):

Chinon Chinar 135mm F2.8 (Pentax K-mount)

Chinon Chinar 28mm F2.8 (Pentax K-mount)

Chinon Chinar 50mm F1.9 (Pentax K-mount)

Konica Hexanon 40mm F1.8 (Konica K/AR mount)

Konica Hexanon 50mm F1.7 (Konica K/AR mount)

Minolta 50mm F1.7 (Sony/Minolta Alpha Mount)

Minolta 300mm F4 APO G (Sony/Minolta Alpha Mount)

Osawa 28mm F2.8 (Pentax K-mount)

Pentax 50mm F2 (Pentax K-mount)

Rokinon 70-2100mm F3.5-5.6 (Pentax K-mount)

Update: Sigma 30mm F1.4 (Sony/Minolta Alpha Mount) TRADED IN

Soligor Dual Focal 28/35mm (Konica K/AR mount)

Sony DT18-250mm F3.5-6.3 (Sony/Minolta Alpha Mount)

Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS (Sony E-mount)

Sony E 55-210mm F4.5-6.3 OSS (Sony E-mount)

Update: Tamron 10-24mm F3.5-4.5 (Sony/Minolta Alpha Mount) TRADED IN

Update: Tamron 90mm F2.8 Macro (Sony/Minolta Alpha Mount) TRADED IN

Update: Tamron 200-500mm F5-6.3 (Sony/Minolta Alpha Mount) TRADED IN

Vivitar Series One 28mm F2.8 (Konica K/AR mount)

Vivitar Series One 70-210mm F3.5 macro (Konica K/AR mount)

Vivitar Series One 200mm F3.5 (Konica K/AR mount)

Pentax K-mount adapter ring

Konica K/AR mount adapter ring

Leica M mount adapter ring

Added the following:

Sony FE 70-200mm F4 OSS (Sony E-mount)

Sony E 10-18mm F4 OSS (Sony E-mount)

Sony E 35mm F1.8 OSS (Sony E-mount)

Voigtlander Nokton 35mm F1.4 (Leica M mount)

Tamron 150-600mm F5-6.3 (Sony/Minolta Alpha mount)

Sony DH1758 1.7x teleconverter (already owned, but pulled out of storage to use on my e-mount cameras)

Tamron 1.4x teleconverter for Alpha mount

Will be purchasing Sony FE70-300mm F4.5-5.6 G OSS lens when available in May

Sony LA-EA3 Alpha-NEX adapter

Previous digital cameras:

Update: I traded in my 2nd A580 body that I had as a backup, along with my A550 DSLR

Update: I traded my NEX-5N and EVF which was my backup system

Sony A550 DSLR (still have in storage) Update: traded in

Sony NEX-3 Update: traded in, used towards purchase of Tamron lens

Sony A300 DSLR (gave to friend - still in use)

Fuji F200

Sony TX1 (still have in storage)

Sony T100 (gave to family - still in use)

Sony L1 (gave to family - still in use)

Sony H5 (gave to family - still in use)

Sony F717

Sony U20 (still have in storage)

Canon S100

Sony Mavica FD91

Film cameras I have (but don't use much anymore!):

Pentax ME-Super

Canon EOS-IX

Konica FT1

Chinon CM4

The recent batch of trade-ins - A580 body, A550 body, NEX-5N body, Tamron 90mm F2.8 lens, Tamron 10-24mm lens, and Sigma 30mm F1.4 lens brought in a bit over $1,000, which went towards the $998 A6300 and the $599 A68 bodies...along with a little tax return money. The future lens, the FE70-300mm, will be about $1,100 - so we'll have to see if we can sell a few more photos to cover some or all of the cost!

Edited by zackiedawg

I'm currently at the end of my transition from DSLR to Sony E-Mount. I still have a DSLR but sold the second body to buy an e-mount mirrorless compact. The Mirrorless impressed me but couldn't hold a candle to the DSLR image or speed. Then another mirrorless generation came out. And another..

What a difference 4 years makes.

A-mount:

SLT-A77 - will convert to infrared if not sold.

Minolta Maxxum 20mm f/2.8 - Fate tied to A77 (kept if converted)

Sigma 50mm f/1.4 - to be sold

Sony 16-50 f/2.8 SSM - Fate tied to A77 - kept and adapted to E via LAEA3 unless A77 sold as kit

Minolta Maxxum 100mm f/2.8 Macro - Keeper - adapted via LAEA1 fine for macro

Sigma 70-200mm f/2.8 EX DG APO (screw-drive focusing) - to be sold

Matching Sigma 1.4x and 2.0x converters for 70-200 - to be sold

Lensbaby Composer with various optics - Keeper - adapted via LAEA1

E-mount:

NEX-C3 - Retired from backup/second body chores - will likely be given to friend

A6000 - Faithful shooter moved to backup/second body status

A6300 - New kid on the block

Rokinon 8mm f/2.8 Fisheye

Rokinon 12mm f/12

Sony 16-50mm PZ

Sony 18-105 f/4

Sigma 19mm f/2.8

Sigma 30mm f/2.8

Sony 50mm f/1.8

Sony 55-210mm

Since the A6300 eats the A77 alive in every category except battery life, I'm in the market for a high-quality telephoto to fill the Sigma 70-200 f/2.8's slot. The 55-210mm is remarkably good for a kit lens but...well, you know. The 70-200 f/4 G and now the 70-300 f/4.5-f/5.6 G are under consideration.

HVL42 flash - adapted to Multi Interface Shoe

Alien Bees strobes and modifiers

Filters and stuff

Several tripods of incremental age and value

Old film Minolta Maxxums (7000i and 5000), kept for some reason.

Konica-Minolta A2 digicam. Really a pretty amazing instrument for it's time.

Still cheaper by far than a ski boat or restoring a '60s muscle car!

Dave

I have been a Canon man for the last several decades starting with a Canon AE-1 which was after I got rid of my Pentax from the mid 1960's with a High Voltage Pack powering a Honeywell Strobonar flash. Since the AE-1 it was a Canon T3i and now the T4i with extended twin battery pack. I also have a small Nikon point and shoot and a GoPro Hero 3+ for really fun things to do.

Lenses are Canon EFS 18-135 IS

Tokina 10-20

Simple package that I have taken to Europe and many stateside destinations. I have 10 memory cards for it.

The best camera is the one you have that works like you want it to!

I copied one of the camera equipment listings posted here recently and cross-posted on a photo discussion group. The brand/type of equipment shown in the list had been discussed recently in that other group, and I thought that the list gave examples that might be interesting. And the subtext was how many of us struggle with an urge to acquire more new toys. (Been there, done that.) I was careful to not include the poster's screen name or any other information that could identify them. I didn't even explicitly identify CC as the source.

What happened instead was that my post kicked off a discussion of the dangers of posting such information online. "Not an issue here" I claimed. "Identities protected by screenames, as long as we are careful not to post emails who could find us without hacking the blog's database, blah blah blah." So one of the group members spent a few minutes and pretty much nailed the identity of the original poster. Since the poster is in a finance/insurance position, his camera gear and 2015 audi are probably covered in the event of theft. But still I am thinking that he and I and many of us participating in this thread might want to exercise a bit of caution in sharing information. Anybody looking for an illicit source of camera gear that could be easily fenced wouldn't have too much difficulty finding this discussion thread (conveniently labeled List your cameras) and browsing through for potential targets.

I started with Minolta film and stayed with Sony since I was a broke college student and couldn't afford to buy all new lenses. Couldn't be happier. I'm absolutely loving my new A99!

Sony A99 body with battery grip

Sony A350 body with battery grip

Tamron 28-75mm f/2.8

Tamron 18-270 f/3.5-6.3

Minolta 50mm f/1.4

Minolta 70-210mm f/4 (beercan)

Sony 30mm f/2.8 Macro

Sony 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6

Rokinon 8mm fisheye f/3.5

Sport cameras:

GoPro Hero 4

Olympus TG-3

I'll probably be the only one, but Pentax here! K-50 and K-01 and a couple of zoom's plus some old primes from my Pentax ME film days. Yes, you can use any lens Pentax ever made on their digital DSLR's. Anyway, gearing up for a Medi cruise in a few weeks and trying to decide how much gear to haul along!

Point-n-Shoot: Sony Cybershot H70 and H90

Bridge: Lumix FZ-200 and FZ-300

Mirrorless: Sony A3000 and A6000

Lenses: 16-50pz, 18-55, 55-210 Sony kit lenses, Rokinon 12mm f2

Teleconvertor: 1.7x B-300 setup for FZ-200/300 (stabilized 1020mm eq.)

All but the FZ-200 will go on our Alaska cruise in 6 weeks. One of the bridge cameras will be sold or traded after the cruise.

I'll probably be the only one, but Pentax here! K-50 and K-01 and a couple of zoom's plus some old primes from my Pentax ME film days. Yes, you can use any lens Pentax ever made on their digital DSLR's. Anyway, gearing up for a Medi cruise in a few weeks and trying to decide how much gear to haul along!

I have the K-1 on preorder. I have used Pentax gear since the ME-Super in 1982. But most of my full frame lenses have gone over the years to finance APS-C gear. Yes, I can use those on the new camera, but there will be cropping and vignetting involved... Looking forward to Alaska later this year!

I have the K-1 on preorder. I have used Pentax gear since the ME-Super in 1982. But most of my full frame lenses have gone over the years to finance APS-C gear. Yes, I can use those on the new camera, but there will be cropping and vignetting involved... Looking forward to Alaska later this year!

Great, you don't run into someone shooting Pentax very often! You know, 1982 is probably right when I got my ME-Super also! I still have it but the metering doesn't work anymore. I'm going to wait on the FF for a while but I do like how they have the built in cropping for the APSC lenses. I'm tending to take less gear and stay lighter these days. Still not sure what I'm taking on the Greek island cruise next week, I'm thinking about leaving the 55-300mm home and just go with the K-50 and 18-135mm and my Oly TG4.

Started with a Minolta SRT101 in 1970 & went to a Nikon D50 about 20 years ago but got tired of lugging that camera and lenses around during travels.

Went to Point & Shoots with most recent being a Canon SX600HS-a decent P&S in my opinion. But, I grew weary of its limitations, particularly in zoom.

So, last month I bit the SLR bullet (again) and went with a Nikon D5300. Wow, a lot has changed since the D50! Smaller, lighter, more versatile, etc. I chose 3 Nikkor lenses, all light weight by comparison: 18-55mm; 55-200mm; and a manual focus 50mm f/1.8. Also got a fantastic, comfortable, bungee-style neck strap: no neck pain anymore!

Looking forward to using it & lenses on an upcoming Alaska cruise.

Nope, not the only Pentaxian... K1000, K100D, K-30, K-50, and a WG-10 snorkeling p&s. Assorted lenses dating back to the late 70s. My usual walkabout kit is the K-50 & 18-135WR zoom. Good image quality and weather sealing good enough to go under Niagara Falls (literally, I did).

Jim

Currently used equipment:

DSLR Bodies:

Olympus E-30

Olympus E-5

DSLR Lenses:

Olympus 14-54 mm

Olympus 50-200 mm

Mirrorless Body:

Olympus *****-D E-M1

Mirrorless Lenses:

Olympus 25 mm

Olympus 45 mm

Olympus 12-60 mm PRO

Olympus 60-150 mm PRO

Olympus TeleConvertor 1:1.4

Panasonic 35-100 mm

Point and Shoot:

Canon PowerShot S120

Video:

Samsung S100 HD

Medium Format:

Bronica ERTS w/75 mm lens

Numerous portable and studio flashes, umbrellas, tripods, monopods.

Previous cameras:

Canon Dial-35 1/2-frame

Canon FTN

Nikon F1

Nikon F2

Nikon F3

Sony Mavica (floppy disk)

Olympus E-500

Canon PowerShot S100

Currently used equipment:

DSLR Bodies:

Olympus E-30

Olympus E-5

DSLR Lenses:

Olympus 14-54 mm

Olympus 50-200 mm

Mirrorless Body:

Olympus *****-D E-M1

Mirrorless Lenses:

Olympus 25 mm

Olympus 45 mm

Olympus 12-60 mm PRO

Olympus 60-150 mm PRO

Olympus TeleConvertor 1:1.4

Panasonic 35-100 mm

Point and Shoot:

Canon PowerShot S120

Video:

Samsung S100 HD

Medium Format:

Bronica ERTS w/75 mm lens

Numerous portable and studio flashes, umbrellas, tripods, monopods.

Previous cameras:

Canon Dial-35 1/2-frame

Canon FTN

Nikon F1

Nikon F2

Nikon F3

Sony Mavica (floppy disk)

Olympus E-500

Canon PowerShot S100

Wasn't th dial a sweet little bit of gear, I loved mine.

Wasn't th dial a sweet little bit of gear, I loved mine.

What a surprise and here I thought that I had the only Dial 35 ever sold. It was my first real camera and I loved the spring winder. I carried it at my side for candid photos without offending anyone.

What a surprise and here I thought that I had the only Dial 35 ever sold. It was my first real camera and I loved the spring winder. I carried it at my side for candid photos without offending anyone.

I owned a least three of them over the years, really the first, take everywhere I ever had. Also gave you (as you allude to) a motor wind when motor winds were crazy expensive.

I leant the art of developing B&W (negative) film into B&W slides on film shot in a Dial.

I owned a least three of them over the years, really the first, take everywhere I ever had. Also gave you (as you allude to) a motor wind when motor winds were crazy expensive.

I leant the art of developing B&W (negative) film into B&W slides on film shot in a Dial.

Very small world. I learned as well at the US Army Craft Shop in Korea. It was surprising that the shop even sold the half-frame slides.

• 3 weeks later...
My kit:

• Canon 5DmkIII
  • Canon 24-105mm
  • Canon 100-400mm
  • Canon 8-15mm fisheye
  • Canon 28-300mm
  • Canon G11 converted to 590nm infrared
  • GoPro Hero3 Silver
  • Canon 430EX II speedlight
  • Flashpoint Streaklight 360ws flash system (not on cruises, though)

I also pack a Sunpak carbon fiber tripod, a Feiyu G4 stabilizer (for the GoPro) and a variety of filters and such in a Think Tank Airport Accelerator backpack.

Sold the 180mm macro and picked up the 28-300mm. After carrying around a 30 lb backpack through Rome last fall, I needed to lighten my walkabout kit. I can now leave the 24-105mm and 100-400mm in the room and just carry the 8-15mm in my pocket.

Latest update in blue. I think I have covered all my bases.

Updates in red

Sony Alpha A6000

GoPro Hero 4 Silver

Lenses:

Sony 50mm F1.8

Sony 10-18mm F4

Sigma 30mm F2.8 DN

Sony 18-200 LE F3.5-6.3

Sold - Sony Alpha Nex F3

Sold - Sony 18-55mm F3.5-F5.6

Sold - Sony 16mm f2.8

Sold - Sony wide Angle Converter .75 VCLECU1

Sold - Sony Fish Eye for 16mm

Edited by ridgecrest

I've got rid of my M43 gear and went back to an APS-C sensor. Got the Nikon D5500. The image quality and focusing is so much better along with better dynamic range. I also got the 18-140 and 55-300 lenses along with an existing 35mm prime. The 70-300 is on my wish list.

It has been 4 years since I last posted in this thread :eek:, so here an update of the cameras I now & still have:

Fujifilm FinePix A820 (It goes underwater in its underwater case).

Olympus SP590UZ (Ultra Zoom) - This camera just died a few weeks back :(

Olympus Tough TG-3

Olympus Tough TG-4

and in ‎March ‎2016, as my old Olympus SP590UZ, was playing up, I picked up a new camera:

Canon PowerShot SX60 HS

I had hope to stick with Olympus, but the camera I wanted I could not get in time for our cruise, so I thought to give Canon a try :)

• 2 weeks later...

Another Pentaxian here. Originally I started with a second hand film era Practica. I had a couple of M42 lenses with it too. When I decided to make the leap into the DSLR field the cost of the new gear and the ease of being able to use the M42 lenses and film era Pentax lenses had me going Pentax. I started with a K-r and now use a K-3.

I have a whole host of lenses:

Pentax Lenses

10-17mm

40mm pancake lens

18-55mm - kit lens for K-r

18-135mm came with K-3

55-300 New version that is WR

Sigma 400mm

and a whole host of film era lenses.

Stevi