veteran onboard credit questions

geejay

I told a friend about the onboard credit for vet's. DH already has it, but now I can't find the info on the Princess website for him to send in his info.

Can anyone help me out? I know you need to fax info to a certain person at Princess.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Gloria

Supposedly you don't. They are supposed to keep it on file but some have reported that this did not always happen. Suggest you call to ensure they have it on file. If not, they will require that you resubmit.

Hi.

I got the Military Benefit for a cruise in April, when I asked the Captain Circle representative on-board if it would be added automatically to any future cruise I was told that I would need to re-apply for each subsequent cruise. I've just applied for my next cruise and it has already appeared on the Cruise summary (with-in 7 days of applying), but I have yet to receive any other confirmation so I'm not sure if it was applied automatically or the Princess office in Southampton were very quick to apply the Benefit.

Dave

Wow I did not know this benefit was available either - I have just sent it off for my husband, but we may be just one day too late, it says to apply 14 days prior to sailing and we sail on the 19th May - worth a try though.

I got the Military Benefit for a cruise in April, when I asked the Captain Circle representative on-board if it would be added automatically to any future cruise I was told that I would need to re-apply for each subsequent cruise.

That used to be the case, but Princess have apparently realized that military veteran status never changes once you have it (unlike shareholder benefits). So, they keep it on record. You can easily check if they've got yours recorded by checking you Captain's Circle account on the Princess web site.

Randall

That used to be the case, but Princess have apparently realized that military veteran status never changes once you have it (unlike shareholder benefits). So, they keep it on record. You can easily check if they've got yours recorded by checking you Captain's Circle account on the Princess web site.

Randall

I can tell you that I applied for my upcoming Ocean Princess cruise and asked that it be saved in my "My Princess" profile. When I checked 4 days later (I emailed my info), I found that it had indeed been saved in my profile and therefore I won't have to apply again, as well as my OBC for this coming cruise. So, I'd just verify that you can find it in your online profile and then expect (and verify) that it will be applied to all future sailings. That's how I plan to handle it. And yes, it is a nice benefit that Princess extends.

Once you are approved for the Military OBC you need not ever reapply.

To verify:

Sign onto your Captains Circle Acct.

Click on Member Benefits

Click on Circle Savings

Under Balance Totals , a $50 OBC will always be populated even after you

use it when you book . That's your Military OBC (min $50 for <7days) .

It will automaticly populate every future booking @ the correct value ($100 7 days, ect.)

This is a wonderful benefit , as it is combinable with all other OBC's.

While we are not sure why, we had to reapply for the Military Onboard Credit for our upcoming cruise, Feb. 2013. (We had previously applied and got the credit on two or three other cruises) Once we reapplied, the credit was sent to our travel agent who then passed the information on to us.

This is our first cruise with Princess so we do not have a Captains Circle membership yet - so where else can we check to see if my husband has been allocated the military veteran credit please or will Princess notify us?

We have to re-apply for DH's credit for cruises booked before they established and then filled in the database field in his Captains Circle account that indicates he qualifies. The designstion was not retroactive to existing booked cruises. So, we have cruises occurring earlier for which we don't have to apply, but cruises occurring later for which we do. It all depends on when they were booked.

• 5 weeks later...

How long should this take (the PDF form says it will be updated within a week but it's been about a week and a half)? Is there a phone number for the US Military Benefits center? Can I just call the reservations number to get a follow-up?

Our last cruise was Oct./Nov. of 2011 - both my husband and my father received the OBC. Last month we booked for a cruise this Oct. My father was told his military obc was already on file, but my husband had to re-apply for his. Go figure. Anyway, we sent his info to Princess again and although the website says we will receive confirmatin within 7 days - we haave not yet heard anything (it has been 2 weeks). I am sure it will work out fine - just a little bit of a hassle, but well worth it.

• 2 weeks later...
My husband and I are both veterans. Does anyone know if we would both get the military credit for our cabin?

Absolutely!

My husband and I are also both veterans, who just recently learned of this benefit.

I sent in my discharge papers and was approved in two days. We sent in his papers a week or so ago and have not yet heard back. But AFAIK up to two persons per cabins can get the credit.

My first attempt(s) to submit and fax my DD214 took some perseverance and perhaps directly speaking to the correct person. Anyhoot, it's been great to know I have a little bit of OBC to spend. I haven't had to reapply and I've been given the OBC for the last 4 cruises...automatically.

Well on our most recent Princess cruise (Golden/14-day/Hawaii), I found out from another Vet that our OBC for that sailing was $250! I literally ran to the purser's desk and confirmed that this was true...wow! I then found my wife and told her.................that was my mistake. She spent it all! :):rolleyes::eek:

We learned of this credit on a 15-day cruise. Can you imagine my disappointment to have lost out on $500 OBC?

So as soon as we got home, we applied. Mine was approved in two days, but we are still waiting on DH's. He was a reservist for years. Do you think that matters? I thought reservists qualified as well.

We learned of this credit on a 15-day cruise. Can you imagine my disappointment to have lost out on $500 OBC?

So as soon as we got home, we applied. Mine was approved in two days, but we are still waiting on DH's. He was a reservist for years. Do you think that matters? I thought reservists qualified as well.

They do.

MILITARY PERSONNEL BENEFIT

Onboard Credit Program

Princess is pleased to offer a special Military Personnel onboard credit program.* This program is available to active military, retired military and disabled military veterans with proper identification in the following service divisions: United States Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines, Coast Guard, National Guard or Reserves, Canadian National Defense and the British Army, Royal Marines, Royal Navy, Royal Air Force or Reserves.

Onboard Credit Amounts Cruise Length

OBC AMOUNT PER QUALIFIED PASSENGER

USD

6 days or less

$50

7-13 days

$100

14 days or longer

$250

This is our first cruise with Princess so we do not have a Captains Circle membership yet - so where else can we check to see if my husband has been allocated the military veteran credit please or will Princess notify us?

Once they process your application they will notify you or your travel agent depending on how you booked your cruise. If you booked directly with Princess they notify you; if you booked through a travel agent they notify the agent.

Archived