veteran onboard credit questions

geejay

They do.

MILITARY PERSONNEL BENEFIT

Onboard Credit Program

Princess is pleased to offer a special Military Personnel onboard credit program.* This program is available to active military, retired military and disabled military veterans with proper identification in the following service divisions: United States Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines, Coast Guard, National Guard or Reserves, Canadian National Defense and the British Army, Royal Marines, Royal Navy, Royal Air Force or Reserves. .

Thanks for that verification. We sent in his DD-214 on the 9th so they probably didn't start processing it until the 11th so we should be hearing something pretty soon, although mine only took two days.

I shot my TA an e-mail this morning asking her to check on it.

I had no idea about this until I read all the posts here on Crusie Critic. I am working with the dumbest TA ever and she didn't know about it. It was the easiest $100 we ever made. My hubby filled out form, copied DD214, and mailed.

I called my TA but she hadn't gotten notification so I called Princess and they sent her a new booking summary with the OBC.

Mailed it 5/16 and it was applied 5/23.

THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH!!

I have used the military credit a few times and it shows up on my Princess account with an expiration date of 2021 (in the on board credits area). Also when I look at a possible booking, right under the price it says $100 OBC that I assume is the military benefit (we always book outside cabins).

I have used the military credit a few times and it shows up on my Princess account with an expiration date of 2021 (in the on board credits area). Also when I look at a possible booking, right under the price it says $100 OBC that I assume is the military benefit (we always book outside cabins).

The military OBC is only based on the length of the cruise. The type cabin does not affect it.

I called Princess and they processed and approved it while I was on the phone. :)

Woo Hoo! We now have two of them for our cabin.

Wow! That's great!....wish my wife had it too...she wouldn't have to spend my OBC...:D

That used to be the case, but Princess have apparently realized that military veteran status never changes once you have it (unlike shareholder benefits). So, they keep it on record. You can easily check if they've got yours recorded by checking you Captain's Circle account on the Princess web site.

Randall

Maybe! I have a back to back booked, they gave the benefit automatically to the first, had to reapply for the 2d. Best to check. It is no problem to send the DD214 in again and the benefit is very nice indeed!:D

• 4 weeks later...

I found this (either from a post here or when browsing the princess website). I gave my dad the link and he filled it out and emailed the scanned document last Saturday, exactly 14 days before our cruise. He hasn't cruised with Princess before so he doesn't have an account, but he is registered online. I just checked his account and do not see the OBC showing in his circle savings -- or anywhere on the reservation. Does anyone know if it would show there even though he doesn't have a previous passenger #? Or would it show on the reservation somewhere?

I'm wondering if I should have him call Princess to confirm receipt or anything?

I found this (either from a post here or when browsing the princess website). I gave my dad the link and he filled it out and emailed the scanned document last Saturday, exactly 14 days before our cruise. He hasn't cruised with Princess before so he doesn't have an account, but he is registered online. I just checked his account and do not see the OBC showing in his circle savings -- or anywhere on the reservation. Does anyone know if it would show there even though he doesn't have a previous passenger #? Or would it show on the reservation somewhere?

I'm wondering if I should have him call Princess to confirm receipt or anything?

I would call.

We learned of this credit on a 15-day cruise. Can you imagine my disappointment to have lost out on $500 OBC?

So as soon as we got home, we applied. Mine was approved in two days, but we are still waiting on DH's. He was a reservist for years. Do you think that matters? I thought reservists qualified as well.

Reservists qualify if they served 2 years on active duty that was not for training purposes.

I would contact Princess - we applied for my husband and although it did not show on line, as like your father we had not cruised Princess before, we thought it would show once on board. It did not and although we spoke with the purser to ask why and were called to the service desk to show additional ID and showed her a copy of the email and documents sent, we were finally told Head office had no record of receiving it and my husband would not get the credit. We were very disappointed in the way it was handled.

I would contact Princess - we applied for my husband and although it did not show on line, as like your father we had not cruised Princess before, we thought it would show once on board. It did not and although we spoke with the purser to ask why and were called to the service desk to show additional ID and showed her a copy of the email and documents sent, we were finally told Head office had no record of receiving it and my husband would not get the credit. We were very disappointed in the way it was handled.

That's not promising! I'll definitely have him call. I felt bad after sending him the link for "free money". He spent 2 weekend days looking everywhere for that piece of paper. It ended up being in an old box of pictures from when I was a kid! Anyway, after it took him so long, I told him it was now about break even and the $100 would pay for his time. He would be very disappointed now. I think he was discharged in 1973 (served 1967-1973) and he has never once used a military discount for anything. The good news is that the form is now scanned and he can print copies and/or email anytime he needs it.

UPDATE: I just checked his account after I posted a few minutes ago to see if I needed to call him. His $100 Onboard Credit is showing on his invoice now on the reservation! Yay!

I'm not sure if he called or not (I had sent him an email the other day letting him know he might need to call). But either way, it's there now and my question of whether it would show up on the reservation or not is answered (it does). It does not show up in his my circle savings though. I imagine after he has sailed it would at that time (or he might have to send it in again to be attached to his number at that time).

Does the cruise have to be paid for in full before sending the form and the DD214? This is my first Princess cruise - think it is great that they do this for the veterans.

No, the cruise does not have to be paid in full to apply for the OBC. We are not cruising until 4/13 and had credit posted 5/12. Our first Princess cruise too.

It is a very nice thing for Princess to do

I'm glad I read this post. I didn't understand that it was also regular honorable discharged personnel. Thought it was just for retired or active. Husband is Navy vet.

Honey get that DD214 out of the old papers box.

Thanks for the $100. :D:D

Mac

I guess I'll have to do some follow up. I sent my request in May and have heard nothing.:confused:

Go to "Cruise Personalizer" and "view balance and make payment". They didn't notify me, and it doesn't show up in regular OBC, but does show on the balance sheet.

The Veterans discount is limited on each ship. Not everyone will get it. I think it is first come first served.

Thanks to all for your service.:D

Where did you read/hear this? I don't ever remember seeing anything about the veteran's discount being limited on each ship.

Archived