capri pants in e. med/greek islands in Nov?

nojoke

In late November we are doing a back to back E. Med./Greek islands and transatlantic cruise. If you have been in that area at that time of year, can you say that it will be warm enough for Capri pants--or should I only take long pants? Space is an issue, so I don't want to take the shorter pants unless I will use them. Sandals or not?

They don't really take up a lot of space, do they? And sandals don't either. You might wear them to dinner on a casual night. However, speaking from experience, you will want a good pair of shoes for your Med ports - sandals may look cute but your feet will thank you for something more supportive. :)

sandals may look cute but your feet will thank you for something more supportive. :) .

Depends on your foot and your sandal, I suppose. I have toured many places in the Mediterranean (since college in the 90s....) wearing sandals of various styles. All supportive and comfortable, allowing me to walk on cobbles or hike up the Acropolis or across Ephesus. Or the streets of Istanbul. Absolutely, comfortable supportive shoes are a must have. But for some of us, that can be a sandal;)

As for capri - depends as much on the expected temps as your personal hot/cold internal thermometer. I probably would just do a full pant that's maybe a light or mid-weight, but I often travel in dresses and skirts too - and I haven't found should seasons too warm or cold. But weather varies so much, just make sure you check before you leave....(my in-laws had snow on a November Med cruise a few years back.....well, quite a few years, but still ;-)

Hi,:) the shoe/sandal thing? Many folks on here are happy with sandals

walking around Europe while some of us only wear shoes for that

purpose. It depends on you, your feet, your lifestyle, etc.....I learned

from my cruise in May, only shoes work for me.....closed shoes with

socks.

I have read plenty of posts where gals wear sandals and/or wedges.

Walking the streets of Rome for hours, along with Turkey, Greece,

etc.....for me? A supportive, comfort walking shoe is what I use.

thanks to all of you who responded to my question about pant lengths. I am a Florida girl, so my concern was mainly the temperatures and being warm enough. So...I will take some of each! And 1 pair of sturdy walking sandals + closed toe walking shoes.

I knew I could depend on Cruise Critic members help!

Having taken 2 November Med cruises in the Eastern Med, I'd suggest that probably 1 pair of capris is enough unless you are really headed south (e.g., Egypt, Israel). Otherwise, lighter weight pants will be fine. On one of my cruises, the only time I wore the capris was to ride a camel in Egypt!

I would expect you less rather than more likely to want capri pants end of November. I would bring long pants with a pair or two being lightish weight cotton rather than the capri pants..... but that is just my personal preference. That time of year, it isn't likely to be extremely hot as it was when we last visited Athens during August. :eek:

Enjoy Greece. It's absolutely fabulous, IMO. Incredible sights.

On our two Med cruises in November I wore capris in the Greek islands and Naples as it was up in the mid to high 70's and very sunny. I wore dark jeans in Rome & Florence.

Agree with Lois about the shoes. Walking on the cobblestones in Rome was totally different than walking on pavement. The shoes I thought were so comfortable at home did not work for me in Rome!

Sherri:)

I would take a mixture of long and Capri. Being European some places get rather cool early November and some pleasantly warm

I bought some linen pants that I could roll up and wear with my sandals or kep long

What an excellent idea! :cool: Thanks for posting it. I think I'll do this on future trips, and at home with workout clothing (current problem) :).

Archived