Royal Princess Concierge Lounge?

PSCruiser

I haven't seen it mentioned on other threads, but the deck plans on the Princess site show a Concierge Lounge on Riviera deck.

Is this a Royal Caribbean-style lounge offering cocktail hours for suite guests and upper tier loyalty? I think this would indicate something new for suites and the loyalty program on Princess.

I haven't seen it mentioned on other threads, but the deck plans on the Princess site show a Concierge Lounge on Riviera deck.

Is this a Royal Caribbean-style lounge offering cocktail hours for suite guests and upper tier loyalty? I think this would indicate something new for suites and the loyalty program on Princess.

As far as I know, nothing has been revealed about this space as of yet...

It is mentioned in the the stateroom description of suites:

A spacious suite with balcony includes all the amenities of a mini-suite, plus incredible premiums including: two 42" flat screen televisions, separate bathtub and shower, marble floors and countertops,
access to the dedicated Concierge Lounge,
a choice of three comfortable mattress options, a soundstation dock for your iPod, complimentary laundry and professional cleaning services, and web access in the Internet Café.

Maybe it has one computer to allow suite passengers to use the internet for free (one at a time).

Could be - it doesn't look very big on the deck plans:p. It's on Riviera next to the wedding chapel (and hardly any bigger than that). It definitely couldn't handle the platinum, elite and suites cocktail hour (on our last cruise on Sapphire Princess Skywalkers was filled most nights).

It is mentioned in the the stateroom description of suites:

A spacious suite with balcony includes all the amenities of a mini-suite, plus incredible premiums including: two 42" flat screen televisions, separate bathtub and shower, marble floors and countertops,
access to the dedicated Concierge Lounge,
a choice of three comfortable mattress options, a soundstation dock for your iPod, complimentary laundry and professional cleaning services, and web access in the Internet Café.

Maybe that is why I'm paying $4100 pp on the new Royal for my suite ($1000 more than my last cruise pp) - to pay the salary of the person in the new lounge that I probably will never use.

Have people asked for this?

Maybe that is why I'm paying $4100 pp on the new Royal for my suite ($1000 more than my last cruise pp) - to pay the salary of the person in the new lounge that I probably will never use.
You are most likely paying a premium for sailing on a new ship. :) That's what always happens when a new ship is launched.

You are most likely paying a premium for sailing on a new ship. :) That's what always happens when a new ship is launched.

I wanted to try the new corner suites and I've never gotten any reductions on suites other than the things my TA gives me. I guess I pick the high season cruises. Although that one isn't until 12/13 so I could change my mind if something better comes up.

• 6 months later...
Any update on the Concierge Lounge onboard the Royal. Will it have a couple of computers with free internet service? Will there be a complimentary happy hour? Inquiring minds want to know........ :)

Inquiring minds will need to be on the first Royal cruise to find out.

• 3 weeks later...

I was told it is just for full suite passengers. I know people want to know about a new ship but they came out with the deck plan and opened bookings and then reconfigured some of the aft cabins which upset many people. people in balconies were upgraded to mini suites but that upgrade did not make them happy so some are screaming mad. I wish they would have just held off a while. Someone is posting pictures (really renderings) of it what it will look like - Things might change!!!!! No wonder people get upset when they find out there are changes.

Technology is good but sometimes I question if it is really good for us. No one can wait and see anymore.

Someone is posting pictures (really renderings) of it what it will look like - Things might change!!!!! No wonder people get upset when they find out there are changes.

Technology is good but sometimes I question if it is really good for us. No one can wait and see anymore.

That someone would be me. And the computer generated renderings in that thread are from the officially released Princess Cruises preview videos, not something I whipped up on an iPad in my basement. And those videos are the very best interpretation of what Princess expects the ship will look like when complete. I'm sure Princess Cruises would not have released them, not posted the imagery to their Facebook pages, Flickr account, and their official company web site if this were not the case.

Sure there may be some minor changes here and there, this can be expected as the ship becomes reality. But those will most likely be minor and cosmetic. And the wide angle aspect of some of the videos is required to get it all in the picture. Otherwise it would look like we were viewing the videos with horse blinders on.

Princess Cruises, as with every cruise line these days, puts out information in press releases and renderings well before a ship conducts its inaugural revenue voyage. People like to see what they are buying. There are those who have expressed concerns over certain features and have a 'wait and see' attitude before they book Royal Princess. That's fine. But for many, as soon as reservations opened on March 15, 2012, they were on the phone with their credit card. That's why several of the voyages have been long since sold out. People like what they have seen, in advance, through these official Princess videos and images.

The cabin/suite changes you mentioned appear to have been done much later in the game to accommodate alterations in the layout of the aft suites and to allow an aft door to the balcony to be added and installed. Celebrity Cruises did sort of the same thing on the Celebrity Reflection, but they decided halfway through the game to chop a good chunk out of the topside observation lounge to add giant new suites, then released a revised deck plan to reflect the changes. It is indeed quite unfortunate for those who booked the aft cabins on Royal Princess to have had those accommodations just up and vanish. I hope they will be happy with the new staterooms and still enjoy their cruise on the new Royal Princess.

Any word?

The only information that has been released on the Concierge Lounge is this in a press release from Princess Cruises:

"Suite passengers will be able to access Royal Princess' new Concierge Lounge, where they can get refreshments and make reservations for dining, spa services and shore excursions."

No mention of individual computers for suite guest use or other amenity/function details.

Guess we'll have to wait and see! ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

From the Princess Cruises news event today:

Concierge Lounge for Suites - For the first time on a Princess ship, suite passengers can access an exclusive area to relax or work, with access to full front desk services, plus light snacks and beverages. Here, these passengers will have dedicated staff to assist with such things as shore excursions, specialty dining or Lotus Spa reservations. It will also be used as a private disembarkation lounge for suite passengers.

• 1 month later...

Archived