Princess Credit Card

sjmbruce

And right now they have a program where gas, amusement parks and groceries get you an additional 5points for each dollar spent! Woo Hoo!!

I already got a "free" Panama cruise a year or so ago. (Family of 13 went on a cruise and I paid for it on my card and had them pay me directly.)

I didn't hear about that. Did you receive an email alert?

Wow! That sounds like a great credit card to get! How far to points go on a cruise? For instance how many points get OBC, or specialty dinners, etc. Is there a list that explains how many points you need for various things?

Wow! That sounds like a great credit card to get! How far to points go on a cruise? For instance how many points get OBC, or specialty dinners, etc. Is there a list that explains how many points you need for various things?

Go to Princess.com which will explain it all to you. 10,000 points = $100, except when you get to the 40,000 level and then it's $500.

Since the charge for specialty dinner, spa, flowers, etc. are put on your cruise card folio anyway, it makes sense to get OBC rather than redeem for something specific.

Do the points start to expire after a certain amount of time? I am planning a cruise for Nov 2013. I see that you get 5000 points after your first purchase and after calculating the cost of the cruise and paying my monthly cell phone bill and my wife’s monthly train ticket with the card, I should have 10,000 points by that time. If it looks like I will fall short I will just gift myself OBC to make up the difference.

Do the points start to expire after a certain amount of time? I am planning a cruise for Nov 2013. I see that you get 5000 points after your first purchase and after calculating the cost of the cruise and paying my monthly cell phone bill and my wife’s monthly train ticket with the card, I should have 10,000 points by that time. If it looks like I will fall short I will just gift myself OBC to make up the difference.

Points will not expire as long as you keep your credit card active. So just keep charging on it until you reach the desired amount.

Points will not expire as long as you keep your credit card active. So just keep charging on it until you reach the desired amount.

From the "Terms and Conditions" on the web site:

"Points are valid for five (5) years from posting date and will expire if not redeemed."

But you must use your card at least once every six months or lose all points.

From the "Terms and Conditions" on the web site:

"Points are valid for five (5) years from posting date and will expire if not redeemed."

But you must use your card at least once every six months or lose all points.

Thanks for posting this. We only use our card for Princess purchases (as we have other cards that give equal/better rewards for other purchases). I guess this means that we have to book (or at least make a payment towards) a cruise at least every six months.

To date, that hasn't been a problem.:D But who knows what the future will bring? So good to know, and thank you.

Thanks for posting this. We only use our card for Princess purchases (as we have other cards that give equal/better rewards for other purchases). I guess this means that we have to book (or at least make a payment towards) a cruise at least every six months.

To date, that hasn't been a problem.:D But who knows what the future will bring? So good to know, and thank you.

A $1 charge at the grocery store will count as using the card. Doubt you would give up too much reward on another credit card by doing that.

NO! (Could you hear my husband say that all the way down in Texas?) We keep things separate! It took all my powers of persuasion to convince him that we should pay part of our cruise charges with the Discover card (for an extra $150 rewards) and not just keep them on the Princess card. Yes, there's just a little OCD (both of us) at work here.

Actually, I will make a note for myself to make a minor purchase using the Princess card every April. That should do the trick, in the event we don't cruise in the summer. And he doesn't need to know.:p

Since the charge for specialty dinner, spa, flowers, etc. are put on your cruise card folio anyway, it makes sense to get OBC rather than redeem for something specific.

I use my card to book cruises, my shipboard account etc. I also just redeem points for shipboard credit and then I can use it for anything and I'm not locked into a certain thing. :)

I've been using the Princess card for several years. Just cashed in $500 OBC for our January 2013 cruise, and expect to have at least another $100 by then. Between that and our travel agent's gift of OBC, I hope to have all shore excursions, auto tips, Crown Grill, and bar bill covered.

• 5 months later...
My question is... how do you use your points to purchase airfare? Does anyone know?

You buy the tickets as you usually do and then input the booking # with Barclay and they deduct the amount from your monthly statement.It does not even have to be a flight to a cruise with Princess.

While I use the card extensively and have earned several thousand dollars in credit the fraud features make the card my last choice when I travel.

This is quite a statement and I make it as a senior banker for a well know bank.

Use it for breakfast at the San Francisco airport, then it will decline the moment you try to use it in Los Angeles. Use it in Athens, cruise to Istanbul and it declines. Truly horrible card for a traveler. Now try calling Barclays/princess internationally to get it cleared.

Yes i keep it and use it but always be sure to take another card.

While I use the card extensively and have earned several thousand dollars in credit the fraud features make the card my last choice when I travel.

This is quite a statement and I make it as a senior banker for a well know bank.

Use it for breakfast at the San Francisco airport, then it will decline the moment you try to use it in Los Angeles. Use it in Athens, cruise to Istanbul and it declines. Truly horrible card for a traveler. Now try calling Barclays/princess internationally to get it cleared.

Yes i keep it and use it but always be sure to take another card.

Has this happened even with calling them before your trip and giving them the places you will be?

Archived