Cooking/Culinary Enrichment Programs/Special Cruises/etc..?

corpkid

I was wondering if anyone could steer me in the correct direction, please...

Are there any cruises that have an enrichment focus on cooking/culinary/etc? And I don't mean a few wine tastings and a culinary demo over the cruise. I mean a more hands-on and frequent series. I've recently really taken up cooking (at 35) and absolutely love it, and am pretty good at it (and humble, too). :p

I want to start going deeper into more advanced culinary techniques/flavor combos such as you see in high end restaurants or high end cruise ship dining rooms. I looked around and didn't really see any cruise with a program like this.

Certainly SOME line SOMEWHERE has something like this?

Many thanks!

Dominic

Thank you calliopecruiser - I did look at Crystal and while they have some pretty great looking enrichment cruises, none seem to focus on culinary (they are photography, views, immersion focused.) Perhaps they just don't have them every year (or every other as I even searched 2014) anymore?

Thank you calliopecruiser - I did look at Crystal and while they have some pretty great looking enrichment cruises, none seem to focus on culinary (they are photography, views, immersion focused.) Perhaps they just don't have them every year (or every other as I even searched 2014) anymore?

Crystal has 8 food and wine cruises listed so far through end of 2013. They have designated the theme cruises yet for 2014.

They are:

===

8/14 Syphhony

9/18 Symphony

11/17 Serenity

===

1/17 Symphony

2/11 Symphony

5/23 Symphony

6/5 Serenity

11/23 Symphony

Crystal has 8 food and wine cruises listed so far through end of 2013. They have designated the theme cruises yet for 2014.

Wow - I apologize. I was mis-navigating the site. I see them now under "theme" cruises.

Has anyone done one of these and if so, what is your opinion on the experience?

Thanks again,

Dominic

Wow - I apologize. I was mis-navigating the site. I see them now under "theme" cruises.

Thanks again,

Dominic

You may want to go on the Crystal cruise boards. You might find someone who has done one of these theme cruises.

Thanks again,

Dominic

We cruise Crystal regularly.

I've been on a handful of these themed cruises.

There will be guest chefs who will do cooking demonstrations and there is also at least one themed dinner that will have some of the culinary delights for each course and there will also be wine tastings. On top of this Crystal's cuisine is top notch so if you like wonderful cuisine you will get to experience this in their various dining venues.

Keith

Regent partners with Le Crodon Bleu on a regular basis. They strictly limit the attendees (I think only 15 per class/cruise) and I know the classes are 2-3 hours long and there are several over the sailing. It's probably the most intensive cooking focus on any cruise.

Thanks all! I'll explore Crystal, HAL & Regent and see what I can find. I did start looking over the Crystal program and it looks quite good. We are on our "downsizing" adventure in cruise ships as we don't really care for the big crowds, so the smaller and more intimate ships are a big PLUS for us and this is all great advice.

I know very little of these 3 lines so this will be doing some research. Crystal seems like it is a notch above Azamara (is that a correct statement?).

We are trying the Azamara Quest right after a dry-dock. It's our 1st time on the smaller upscale ships.

Thanks all! I'll explore Crystal, HAL & Regent and see what I can find. I did start looking over the Crystal program and it looks quite good. We are on our "downsizing" adventure in cruise ships as we don't really care for the big crowds, so the smaller and more intimate ships are a big PLUS for us and this is all great advice.

I know very little of these 3 lines so this will be doing some research. Crystal seems like it is a notch above Azamara (is that a correct statement?).

We are trying the Azamara Quest right after a dry-dock. It's our 1st time on the smaller upscale ships.

Be sure to visit the Crystal Cruises Board and we will be happy to answer any and all questions you have.

Keith

Archived