Can you bring wine and a case of spring water to the ship?

zhangf

We are going to Bermuda with Explorer of the Sea in the middle of August, and plan to bring a bottle of favorite wine and a case of spring water to the ship, however, as I checked with Royal Caribbean, the official told me that now the "own drinks" are prohibited on the ship.

I remember it's allowed to bring your own drinks to the ship three years ago, anyone has the experience recently?

Thanks in advance!

Absolutely NO alcohol of any kind. If you want to bring the water, the chances are pretty good of it being allowed....although, there's plenty of good water on the ship!

That about sums it up, no alcohol but from most threads here people are getting water thru. Though I don't get it, their water is great when iced down/cooled. We buy/drink bottled water a lot for convenience reasons, but don't hesitate to drink other sources of water....

We are going to Bermuda with Explorer of the Sea in the middle of August, and plan to bring a bottle of favorite wine and a case of spring water to the ship, however, as I checked with Royal Caribbean, the official told me that now the "own drinks" are prohibited on the ship.

I remember it's allowed to bring your own drinks to the ship three years ago, anyone has the experience recently?

Thanks in advance!

Any kind of alcohol coming on the ship is prohibited and actively enforced. Soft drinks are against the rules also, but this is usually not enforced.

You might bring it TO the ship but cannot bring it ON. Sorry, couldn't resist. I believe this ban has been in place since 2005. The water should be OK but officially is not allowed so bring at your own risk.

Thanks in advance!

It has been much more than three years since RCI permitted guests to bring wine or liquor onboard. If you brought wine or alcohol on a ship three years ago, you were probably not sailing on an RCI ship. As far as soft drinks and bottled water are concerned, they rarely give anyone a problem.

Thanks in advance!

Water is fine, Wine is a No No.:)

Is it possible that you were on a Celebrity cruise 3 years ago? You are allowed to bring 2 bottles of wine on board with you.

Sure you can bring them to the ship. Your wine will be stowed away and given back the last night of your cruise and you can take the water on board with you. So with that said bring all of the alcohol you can carry. LOL

You can order wine (in the gift section) and a bottle will be waiting for you when you get to to cabin. My daughter had a bottle of wine, cheese and

crackers, fruit basket and strawberries order to our room for an anniversary

cruise. One lady at our dinner table was fussing because her wine coolers

were taken from her---I told her to come to my cabin--I had a whole bottle

of wine!

When we went on Oasis in June, we put a 12 pk of water in a rolling bag & put a luggage tag on it. It was delivered to our room. No problem. Just don't break the wrap the water comes in.

We are going on the Allure in 2 1/2 weeks and all we drink is water. I was going to bring bottled water in an open top tote bag with a luggage tag on it & leave it with our other bags, as others have said to do. Only thing is they are loose bottles from home that I was going to just tape together. Why do you think it would be a problem if they're not in the original wrap? They are all the same brand and size.

We are going on the Allure in 2 1/2 weeks and all we drink is water. I was going to bring bottled water in an open top tote bag with a luggage tag on it & leave it with our other bags, as others have said to do. Only thing is they are loose bottles from home that I was going to just tape together. Why do you think it would be a problem if they're not in the original wrap? They are all the same brand and size.

The water on board the Allure is delicious - and free. :)

Archived