Century leaves the fleet?

Kruizefan

It will be interesting to see what will be done in the Century's extended dry dock next April. She's scheduled for about a month. I don't think Celebrity would want to put that much time & money in her to sell the next year.

Her sisters are both with the German line -- forgot the name :o

ASixth posed this question on Mr. Bayley's Q&A forum. The reply was that Mr. Bayley has recently been onboard Century with his team -- and they are currently evaluating all of their options. From what I could tell, things could go either way for Century, at this point.

ASixth posed this question on Mr. Bayley's Q&A forum. The reply was that Mr. Bayley has recently been onboard Century with his team -- and they are currently evaluating all of their options. From what I could tell, things could go either way for Century, at this point.

Hi, I saw his reply on that too....there was not a specific answer to

the question.

Rumors say that Century will leave the fleet to Pullmantur/CDF. Croisieres de France in summer 2014.

What is the source of the rumor?

Has that source been reliable in the past?

Bayley would have known the information when he answered a specific question about Century. Does that mean that he is hiding the truth or that the rumor is unfounded? Guess we'll find out at some point in time.

Bayley would have known the information when he answered a specific question about Century. Does that mean that he is hiding the truth or that the rumor is unfounded? Guess we'll find out at some point in time.

Rumors....remember the old, old game called "Operator"?

The more things change the more they stay the same.

The sentence starts out as one thing and goes on..and on....and

on....changing from the start to the the middle to the end........

"Rumor has it".........:eek:

I do agree Mr Bailey surely knows what is going to happen with

Century but is choosing not to say......it is his choice of course,

as he is now "The Man".....

As you say, we will all eventually find out......

On the one hand, I don't want to waffle but then again on the other...

Did someone mention waffles? ;)

I have heard Century is leaving the fleet, for four years now. :)

I do agree Mr Bailey surely knows what is going to happen with

Century but is choosing not to say......it is his choice of course,

as he is now "The Man".....

As you say, we will all eventually find out......

Or perhaps a decision has not yet been made. Just because the answer doesn't satisfy a few of you doesn't mean he is being evasive.

If I were CEO and were in negotiations with another company for the sale of a ship, but those negotiations have not been finalized, that is almost exactly the kind of response I'd give. Of course there are about one hundred other scenarios where I'd use the same evasive type of answer.

He's has no responsibility to reveal all the corporate secrets or plans.

If I were CEO and were in negotiations with another company for the sale of a ship, but those negotiations have not been finalized, that is almost exactly the kind of response I'd give. Of course there are about one hundred other scenarios where I'd use the same evasive type of answer.

He's has no responsibility to reveal all the corporate secrets or plans.

I agree with your comments. I read Mr Bayley's post tonight, and it didnt appear that anything is imminent, but he also said they are evaluating all of their options. If by chance they are in negotiations to sell Century, Mr Bayley certainly isnt going to discuss it here. Also, as a sale of a ship would likely be considered a material transaction, I believe a formal announcement would have to be made via a press release to financial markets etc.

Though we all know this day will come eventually - in the meantime, I will chalk it up as Century rumor # 2,496, and wait for an official announcement from Celebrity.

In his response to a question regarding new itinerary's he said:

"I’m spending a lot of time looking at our itinerary portfolio for 2014, and you can expect a series of changes. We’ll announce those when appropriate, and I hope you’ll find them quite exciting!"

A refurbished smaller ship like the Century, with it's loyal following may allow Celebrity the ability to offer very unique cruises. After all, this is the cruise line with a ship in the Galapagos.

Maybe the plan is looking at adding completely unique routes for "X" cruisers who have done the same-old same-old.

In his response to a question regarding new itinerary's he said:

"I’m spending a lot of time looking at our itinerary portfolio for 2014, and you can expect a series of changes. We’ll announce those when appropriate, and I hope you’ll find them quite exciting!"

A refurbished smaller ship like the Century, with it's loyal following may allow Celebrity the ability to offer very unique cruises. After all, this is the cruise line with a ship in the Galapagos.

Maybe the plan is looking at adding completely unique routes for "X" cruisers who have done the same-old same-old.

That's a great idea, ASixth! :cool: But, if they are going to send her someplace cold (Antarctica?), they definitely need to bring back the T-pool. Many of our sea days to/from Hawaii last spring were too cold and windy to use the outdoor pool. A Solarium, or any sort of indoor pool, would have been greatly appreciated! :D

That's a great idea, ASixth! :cool: But, if they are going to send her someplace cold (Antarctica?), they definitely need to bring back the T-pool. Many of our sea days to/from Hawaii last spring were too cold and windy to use the outdoor pool. A Solarium, or any sort of indoor pool, would have been greatly appreciated! :D

COLD!!!??? :eek::eek:

Not where I was thinking for the entire year, but a month dry dock could weld in a nice indoor pool no problemo.

St Barts, Montreal, St Johns Newfoundland, Guadeloupe, Bequia, Naxos, there are many many ports that a medium sized ship may be drawn to.

It will be interesting to see what will be done in the Century's extended dry dock next April. She's scheduled for about a month. I don't think Celebrity would want to put that much time & money in her to sell the next year.

Her sisters are both with the German line -- forgot the name :o

TUI Cruises is the company. It would make good sense if the third Galaxy class ends up as Mein Schiff 3

Or perhaps a decision has not yet been made. Just because the answer doesn't satisfy a few of you doesn't mean he is being evasive.

Since you quoted me.....I never said his answer didn't satisfy me.

I said since he is now "The Man" he can answer as he wishes and

I did say we will all eventually find out.....whenever the

company decides to have an official press release.

TUI Cruises is the company. It would make good sense if the third Galaxy class ends up as Mein Schiff 3

I like bigger ships in general, but if the Century goes to dry dock maybe they are considering it for "new" ports for 2014... Like I said, they have a huge success with the Expedition, there may be room for another boutique ship that does one of a kind ports.

Maybe a medium sized one that fits the company business model.

Since you quoted me.....I never said his answer didn't satisfy me.

I said since he is now "The Man" he can answer as he wishes and

I did say we will all eventually find out.....whenever the

company decides to have an official press release.

You also said that he "surely knows" and "is choosing not to say". It appeared that you had made up your mind that the decision had already been made and that he was not being forthcoming with us. I can only understand you by what you wrote, not by what you meant to say. Sorry if I misunderstood.

I took Mr. Bayley comment to mean either they are going big with the refurb

of the Century or selling it.

He was not on the job very long and made a personal inspection of the Century with his Design team.?!

Maybe Azamara will take it?;)

It's the Century Class - she was the first of the three. :)

Must be my "Star Trek" addiction showing through. :eek: (as Enterprise D was a Galaxy Class ship.) :rolleyes:

It first showed up, and still lingers, as I can't NOT book more Celebrity cruises. It's like fighting the Borg... "resistance is futile." :p

Archived