Any room with loungers?

BoPippy

We often book the furthest aft minisuite that has the extra long balcony and I've seen pictures here on CC that show a full sized lounger on that balcony. I've asked our room steward a couple times if we could get one too (and told him I saw pictures of them), but no luck - they always say that they're only for full suites. So . . . . . if you get one of those minis and are lucky enough to have a steward who will bring you a lounger, then you'll have one without having to book a full suite. But I don't think that's very likely. :o

So . . . . . if you get one of those minis and are lucky enough to have a steward who will bring you a lounger, then you'll have one without having to book a full suite. But I don't think that's very likely. :o

I don't really think they have extras. On one of our cruises, we got n early call asking if they could varnished our deck furniture and railing. Said ok since they said it would dry in four hours and we were going into port. They were not dry when we returned or the next day - very humid. I called the next morning and asked if they hd some replacement furniture that we could use because we could not use our balcony. They said they did not have any extra. It took three days and the smell made me sick the entire time. I wasn't happy camper.

I may be one of the few folks who liked the new furniture (at least among those posting on cruise critic :D) we had on the Coral (in a mini-suite) this summer: 2 reclining (3 position) chairs and 2 ottomans/footrests and a good sized table. Our entire group of 8 found them comfortable and I even brought an ottoman/footrest into the cabin because I like to put my feet up (but not on the coffee table:p).

We buy cheap one and bring them on Ship

Not only fireproof as Essiesmom's mentioned but I can't believe the cabin steward would allow them to be left out on the balcony at night - they must be lightweight if you could carry them on. Ifg we left anything out there during the day, our stewards would bring it inside.

We put them with luggage don't carry them on.

They have sprinklers on all balconies now.

Never have had a problem with them out on the balconies.

- We have given them to other cruisers on the next cruise for them to use them and they have not have had any problems either.

We put them with luggage don't carry them on.

They have sprinklers on all balconies now.

Never have had a problem with them out on the balconies.

- We have given them to other cruisers on the next cruise for them to use them and they have not have had any problems either.

What part of "fire hazard" do you not understand?

I am not arguing that personal lawn furniture wouldn’t be a fire hazard but what makes it more of a fire hazard than if you put down a towel to sit on, on one of the Princess hard a$$ chairs? Smoking is prohibited on balconies so what’s causing the fire. Also I would be more concerned about the coffee makers, electric hair appliances and electronics causing a fire from the over loaded power strips being taken on board. If I had to bring a lawn chair or coffee maker on a cruise I think I would change lines or just go camping.

I am not arguing that personal lawn furniture wouldn’t be a fire hazard but what makes it more of a fire hazard than if you put down a towel to sit on, on one of the Princess hard a$$ chairs? Smoking is prohibited on balconies so what’s causing the fire. Also I would be more concerned about the coffee makers, electric hair appliances and electronics causing a fire from the over loaded power strips being taken on board. If I had to bring a lawn chair or coffee maker on a cruise I think I would change lines or just go camping.

Truly. :)

I've seriously thought about bringing a chair onboard. Princess has pretty uncomfortable balcony furniture. I do bring a foam topper because the beds are so uncomfortable. I used to ask an attendant to bring a chaise down, but they don't do that anymore due to the fire hazard situation. If I brought a chair on, I would just set it up while I was using it and bring it in when not using it. I wouldn't leave it on the balcony overnight because it would likely blow around. I think if people are responsible it would be OK. People bring out all kinds of flamable towels, clothes, books, etc. and leave them on the balcony. Hopefully people are responsible with what they leave on the balcony.

Archived