Oasis Rising Tide broken

Just off of Oasis today, November 10. The Rising Tide bar was not functioning for the entire cruise. It simply remained on deck 5 for the entire voyage. It did open for "drinking purposes," however it just didn't "rise." We were told that the elevator mechanism was malfuntioning, and it wouldn't become flush with the floor on deck 8 for boarding and exiting. Supposedly it should be fixed "within 2 weeks."

From what I have read it is broken a lot on the Oasis .

I have seen it down before...but not sure I would say "lots". The RTB runs by 4 independent motors....if those motors loose sync then it's not level. They had an issue about a year ago where they lost sync and it ended up kinking part of the decorative chrome trim on one of the tracks...so I am sure they don't want that to happen again. I also believe that the drive is all computer driven...so it may be more a software issue.

Well I'd rather it be kept in one place rather than have it stop half way up... When you see them coming with the zipline gear to get you off of it there's a problem ;).

Sent from my Speak & Spell using Tapatalk

Well I'd rather it be kept in one place rather than have it stop half way up... When you see them coming with the zipline gear to get you off of it there's a problem ;).

Sent from my Speak & Spell using Tapatalk

Right!!! I would have just spent the rest if my vacation there. Afraid of heights like that. Unless one if the hunky sports guys helped rescue me ;)

Wow, that would be my worst nightmare.

Getting stuck, or better yet, lunging or jerking:eek:.

I am glad they wont run it if there is a concern.

Another reason not to do something for me with a drink in my system. I would freak.

Safe travels

Sue and crew

Wow, that would be my worst nightmare.

Getting stuck, or better yet, lunging or jerking:eek:.

I am glad they wont run it if there is a concern.

Another reason not to do something for me with a drink in my system. I would freak.

Safe travels

Sue and crew

Oh Sue :rolleyes:

Wouldn't it better to be stuck on an elevator with a view and a bar then be stuck on an elevator inside your office building?

Wouldn't it better to be stuck on an elevator with a view and a bar then be stuck on an elevator inside your office building?

Yeah I was thinking the same. Being stuck in a bar with a view is not the worst thing that could happen to me. Unless I was stuck without my sea pass. :eek:

Bill

Yeah, I never thought of it that way.

. . . I will have another drink to pass the time away....a bar with a view.......vs......stuck in a viewless elevator . . . .

Thanks

Safe travels.

Sue and crew

The last time on the Oasis we had a memorable trip on the Rising Tide bar. Up and down, up and down, up and down etc. The group is having a hard time remembering how many ups and downs we were on it and how many drinks we consumed. I just remember telling my daughter and my sisters that it was time to get off because I was about to become incoherent. Tonight we calculated that it was at least a 4 hour trip. Wonderful memories!

How long should it take to fix the Rising Tide bar? Have they started working on it yet? We will be on the Oasis the week of Dec 1st, do you think they will have it fix by then, we were really looking forward to having a drink there. Sounds like a unique bar experience.

Oh that's no fun. We sail her for thanksgiving. Was hoping to get on it with my mom and mess with her. Bummer.

I hadn't thought of that idea. Funny!

I remember at our Meet and Mingle on Allure the Activities Director asked, "What is different about our Rising Tides than the one on Allure? " His reply was, "Ours works!" IT was funny, this was in 2011 and Allure benefited from the experiences on Oasis I'm sure. Its a pretty unique function two weeks doesn't sound totally unreasonable. I have to imagine there are at least a few unique parts to that feature that can't be stocked on board.

After a beer or two - I would be jumping off to find the bathroom.

I'm not normally the type to demand a lot of compensation for minor things outside of someone's control, but I was thinking, Hey, I'm stuck here, comp me a couple of drinks, then you make this excellent point.

Archived