Mongolian Station replaced by Comfort Kitchen

serene56

I can hear James T Kirk sayin, What they took the Mongolian Wok off the ship , are the out of their Vulcan mind :eek:.

Thats is a bad move on Carnivals part , change and more will follow.

I agree! The Mongolian Wok is one of the few stations I like in the buffet, now that the choices have become more "homestyle". As it is, I have been booking other lines more and more, recently. If Mongolian Wok goes, who knows?

After sailing the Freedom this past October, I have already booked the Crown Princess for my fall cruise next year instead of a Carnival ship.

Many of the dishes we had this year were good, but I miss some of the food they used to have, as well as the higher level of food quality they used to have (for instance, the lightly breaded chicken fingers they used to have in the MDR versus the heavily breaded, most likely frozen ones they have now). Food tastes even more heavily salted now.

Also, DH and I just got off the Ruby Princess this past Sunday, and I must say that the food quality and selection was a lot better than Carnival.

While I don't cruise just for food, It is important to me that I enjoy the food, and little by little over the last few years I have enjoyed the food less and less on Carnival. Maybe I'm just tired of Carnival's food after so many (14) cruises with them.

Could you tell me if the Mongolian was on your cruise?

or was it removed?

I have been going over your recent photos trying to get an idea what it looks like- I know where the line is-- and how the mongolian station was to that part of the buffet.

On Conquest the Mongolian Wok was removed when they put Guy's Burger Joint in. Guy's is a much better choice and much faster.

Before:

DSC_3883.JPG

DSC_1040_DxO.jpg

Comfort food replaces one of the buffet lines on Conquest and had nothing to do with removal of the Wok. I didn't try it, but it seemed popular. Once again, Carnival offering more choice, not less.

or was it removed?

I have been going over your recent photos trying to get an idea what it looks like- I know where the line is-- and how the mongolian station was to that part of the buffet.

It makes sense that Carnival did away with the Mongolian Station. While it was a good concept in theory, it did not work, all that well on Carnival.

1) The lines were exceptionally long

2) The number of people that they could serve/hour was much less than the traditional buffet

3) Passengers would not only order for themselves, but for everyone else at the table. All too often one would wait 30 minutes or more only to have the passenger before you ask for five or six dinner. It was rather difficult to keep up.

I for one, will not miss his. I feel that this can be regarded as an improvement for better service by Carnival.

I soooooo agree with you!!!!

or was it removed?

No Mongolian Wok on Conquest, but Fish and Chips is still there! :)

What Carnival needs to do would be to replace the Mongolin Wok Station with a Deluxe Salad Station. For lunch many individuals do not want to eat "heavy' food, rather save a big meal for dinner. A deluxe salad station where you could have a gourmet salad custom made would fill a large gap. In addition, it would be a fast moving line. Beter service, better food. A plus if Carnival would do this.

I agree! The Mongolian Wok is one of the few stations I like in the buffet, now that the choices have become more "homestyle". As it is, I have been booking other lines more and more, recently. If Mongolian Wok goes, who knows?

After sailing the Freedom this past October, I have already booked the Crown Princess for my fall cruise next year instead of a Carnival ship.

Many of the dishes we had this year were good, but I miss some of the food they used to have, as well as the higher level of food quality they used to have (for instance, the lightly breaded chicken fingers they used to have in the MDR versus the heavily breaded, most likely frozen ones they have now). Food tastes even more heavily salted now.

Also, DH and I just got off the Ruby Princess this past Sunday, and I must say that the food quality and selection was a lot better than Carnival.

While I don't cruise just for food, It is important to me that I enjoy the food, and little by little over the last few years I have enjoyed the food less and less on Carnival. Maybe I'm just tired of Carnival's food after so many (14) cruises with them.

Agree...

"Comfort" = Cheaper Ingredients

Our food a couple of weeks ago on Paradise was terrible. The so-called meatloaf was inedible, made up of tasteless filler. The hamburgers were harder than hockey pucks and many MDR selections (grilled flat iron "steak") would have failed McDonald's quality control.

Interesting.

While I though the wok wsa good on the Glory, I didn't think it quite fit due to the long lines of folks waiting for food.

I look forward to trying the comfort foods on lido while I am on the Glory in June.

Anyone out there if you can get hot wings on board? I would love to snack on wings while lounging on deck.

I find it hard to believe that not one person in the last few sailings have not reported this.

I searched many pages to see if it was posted.

I booked the Glory because of the Mongolian Station. I planned my port days around lunch time at the Mongolian Station.

Call me crazy--- but PLEASE dont take away my Mongolian Station.

I was reading a RECENT FunTImes-- and on the back cover where they list the days dining venues-- NO mongolian Station. but in its place was Comfort Kitchen

So disappointed.

While I enjoyed it also, did you really book a cruise for the Wok station?

Agree...

"Comfort" = Cheaper Ingredients

Our food a couple of weeks ago on Paradise was terrible. The so-called meatloaf was inedible, made up of tasteless filler. The hamburgers were harder than hockey pucks and many MDR selections (grilled flat iron "steak") would have failed McDonald's quality control.

Don't think I would order meatloaf if it was the only thing on the menu.....

I stopped eating the Mongolian wok food when the server poured the raw beef/chicken I gave them into the wok pan, cooked it with the noodles, and dumped the food back into the original bowl I had handed them. It grossed me out. I actually called over the food manager and spoke to them about it. (after dumping the food) He then spoke to the cook, who began putting the raw food dish into the wash tray and used a fresh bowl to put the cooked food into. Unfortunately, a few days later I saw them still putting cooked food into the same bowl that had the raw meat in it. At that moment I stopped eating the wok on any ship.

I stopped eating the Mongolian wok food when the server poured the raw beef/chicken I gave them into the wok pan,

Strange comment! On all my visits to the Mongolian Grill, the cooks were the only ones handling the meats. Yet, you say you gave them the meat:confused::confused:

I find it hard to believe that not one person in the last few sailings have not reported this.

I searched many pages to see if it was posted.

I booked the Glory because of the Mongolian Station. I planned my port days around lunch time at the Mongolian Station.

Call me crazy--- but PLEASE dont take away my Mongolian Station.

I was reading a RECENT FunTImes-- and on the back cover where they list the days dining venues-- NO mongolian Station. but in its place was Comfort Kitchen

So disappointed.

The Breeze has both the Comfort Kitchen AND the Mongolian Station

Strange comment! On all my visits to the Mongolian Grill, the cooks were the only ones handling the meats. Yet, you say you gave them the meat:confused::confused:

Definitely!! This was a while ago - but definitely on one of the larger ships - I think it was Liberty. When we were on Spirit last summer, the cooks did handle the meat/shrimp themselves, and put the cooked food into a clean bowl - not the one that had the raw meat/shrimp "juices" in it. But seeing them mis-handle the food once was enough for me. Kinda lost my taste for Mongolian after that!

What Carnival needs to do would be to replace the Mongolin Wok Station with a Deluxe Salad Station. For lunch many individuals do not want to eat "heavy' food, rather save a big meal for dinner. A deluxe salad station where you could have a gourmet salad custom made would fill a large gap. In addition, it would be a fast moving line. Beter service, better food. A plus if Carnival would do this.

EVERY ship I have been on has a huge salad bar that you make up your salad yourself.

What do you consider a delux salad station?

On Conquest the Mongolian Wok was removed when they put Guy's Burger Joint in. Guy's is a much better choice and much faster.

Before:

DSC_3883.JPG

DSC_1040_DxO.jpg

Guy's Burger joint is just plain fattening and GROSS! Maybe the lines move faster but the slabs of gross beef, buttered buns, bacon, heart-attack induding grease replacing one of the few healthier options is a good thing? Im one who is willing to stand in line for the Mongolian wok the food was fresh, tasted great and healthier than most of the other crap! Im guessing the "Comfort Foods" are along the lines of fried chicken, mac&cheese, etc. I hope they dont take the Wok off the Valor before we sail in June...

Archived