Yes Virginia, there really is an Upgrade Fairy!

Loyal2RCCL

According to Crown & Anchor, upgrades are based on C&A membership and number of prior cruises with Royal Caribbean.

Obviously 91 would put you well into the acceptable category.

Yes – that is what is published but many will tell you this is often not the practice.

In any case - Congrats to those who have been upgraded!

and YES - 91 is more than acceprable in my book too!

M

Just curious, how does RCI notify you of your upgrade -- phone? email? Obviously the fairy has never paid me a visit :rolleyes:

We originally had a JS. In our case we got an email (cc'd to our TA) from the Concierge over the weekend welcoming us and inviting us to the Concierge Lounge and listing the benefits associated as a suite guest. We have had both JS's and GS's in the past and knew instantly that the letter - which we received previously with a GS - is intended for GS and above. The email also confirmed our stateroom number as different from our reservation and that of a GS. Our on-line reservation with C & A also showed the GS v JS room number. Our TA subsequently confirmed the upgrade. This also was one week prior to departure, which is this Sunday.

Just curious, how does RCI notify you of your upgrade -- phone? email? Obviously the fairy has never paid me a visit :rolleyes:

I received an email about the MJ upgrade, however the VI upgrade I noticed when I checked my reservation online.

This was a nice surprise as RCCL does not usually upgrade holiday sailings. Congrats to everyone else who was paid a visit by the fairy... Happy Holidays and calm seas to all.

So how far in advance do they normally tell you if you get an upgrade or not ? my cruise is not til May 12, so i am guessing its not gonna happen til sometime around end of April or beginning of May ? also when they do they do they let you re print your luggage tags with your new info how does that all work i wonder ?

So how far in advance do they normally tell you if you get an upgrade or not ? my cruise is not til May 12, so i am guessing its not gonna happen til sometime around end of April or beginning of May ? also when they do they do they let you re print your luggage tags with your new info how does that all work i wonder ?

We’ve been upgraded a few times and it was about a week or two prior to sail date. If you are upgraded, you will get an email with new cruise docs and can reprint tags, or simply get tags at the pier.

I see all the cabins are sold out for our upcoming cruise so I guess we won’t get a visit this time. We never plan with the expectation of an upgrade and are very pleasantly surprised if we do get one.

M

Upgrades can happen at any time. It really depends on what's selling and how many empty cabins they have. Usually upgrades are confirmed closer in to sailing.. 1 week maybe 2 before departure, and as late as a few days if not the day before sailing.

In our case because we were upgraded prior to the cut off for printing Set Sail Passes etc, I just reprinted them with the new cabin number. I then called RCCL and had them resend me my e-docs, do I could reprint the page with the bag tag info.

Archived