Diamond plus's in a Diamond event

justfred

We are on the Navigator next June, we are with 2 other couples who are Diamond members. I believe that this ship then will still only have the Diamond event for D members.

"Question"

If we join them in the D event As D+ members do you think that will we still be entitled to get our normal complimentary cocktails.

Chris & Pete

If the ship still only has the Diamond event, you may join your D friends, but it will only be for wine/champagne and 25% discount on other drinks. To have the cocktails and such you will have to go to the CL.

Thank you all very much for your quick response,

The fact that they will serve other drinks at a 25% discount we can presume that they are readily available to them, so you would think that they would make a concession, like when we go to the Diamond lounges we get the concession there so why not in the D event locations, what's the difference!,

"just wondered"

Regards

Chris & Pete

The only way you can get your cocktails in the D lounge is if it is the overflow for the D+ too. This was the case in November for the Members cruise. But, I don't think that will be the case now. On our December cruise they held the overflow elsewhere. We had the same problem with our diamond friends. We just went to the Concierge lounge for a drink or two, then to the D lounge with our friends, but could only have wine, etc. Worked out fine.

Have a great cruise.

Gwen :)

The fact that they will serve other drinks at a 25% discount we can presume that they are readily available to them, so you would think that they would make a concession, like when we go to the Diamond lounges we get the concession there so why not in the D event locations, what's the difference!,

"just wondered"

Regards

Chris & Pete

Typically, a much wider, and more expensive, variety of 25% off drinks are available at a Diamond Event than are available for free in the Concierge Lounge. Maybe that's why they don't.

"just wondered"

Regards

Chris & Pete

Unfortunately, it is just the way the game is played on ships without a DL. At least there is a spot you and your friends can enjoy wine and soft drinks for free. Or convince them to upgrade to suites so they can join you in the CL;)

"just wondered"

Regards

Chris & Pete

I wouldn´t think too much about the "why" and "what´s the difference"

It´s their ships their program their rules, so reasons behind the decision don´t really matter.

The last few cruises I have been on, the Diamond lounge was occupied by mostly

Diamond Plus members. Same thing even on the ships with just a Diamond Event.

Does not matter much to me, since I prefer wine anyway most of the time.

Any guesses at to why they prefer not to be in the CL??

Many D+ and Pinnacle prefer DL's to CL's as on most ships the CL's are much smaller and inside with no windows. And they typically are very crowded.

And have suite children running around.

"just wondered"

Regards

Chris & Pete

You're not really getting "a concession" to get free cocktails in the DL because the rules specifically allow for free cocktails. No concession or bending or rules is necessary. The D event is different. It is not meant to be an exact substitute for a DL, hence to the different drink/pricing set up.

The last few cruises I have been on, the Diamond lounge was occupied by mostly

Diamond Plus members. Same thing even on the ships with just a Diamond Event.

Does not matter much to me, since I prefer wine anyway most of the time.

Any guesses at to why they prefer not to be in the CL??

Short answer: kids are allowed in the CL for cocktail hour.

I really think that except for the O and A behemoths the Diamond Lounges are in a better location, better view and not as many people. To be honest I have not noticed that many kids coming to the lounge to watch mommy and daddy or memaw and pawpaw take their medicine;):).

Wow - I would have been all over the Diamond Concierge since this is definitely not permitted.

I can also confirm it happened on EN this past week. the two lounges are next to each other, and we saw a few kids use their key cards to get in during said cocktail hour. no parents around (going in with them at least.)

don't have access in my own right so cannot comment on the D concierge or their willingness to enforce.

There seems to be numerous posts about what “is allowed” in the CL and DL. We were on the Mariner in December and from our experience there are no rules in the CL or DL during cocktail hours. Family, friends, children- all were allowed in these lounges if accompanied by a suite guest or D/above. Alcoholic drinks were freely taken out to dinner. As suite guests, as well as D members, we could not find a seat in the CL during cocktail times. It would appear the “just do it” approach works as it is unlikely that you will be challenged by a crew member. When a crew member was asked about children in the DL we were told – you can bring your friends.

Just off the Freedom on the 23rd, they allowed children at happy hour as long as

they were in the company of an adult. DL concierge told us this is new, and now

allowed. Though he said not many were coming in due to a "boring atmosphere" for

children. They did enforce the rule, at most times anyway, that they were not

allowed in without the adult. Saw a few at times, but they were well behaved

and no problem. Though we were very overcrowded during this Diamond cruise.

Sigh....so much for Adam telling us no children in the DL during happy hour. :(

There seems to be numerous posts about what “is allowed” in the CL and DL. We were on the Mariner in December and from our experience there are no rules in the CL or DL during cocktail hours. Family, friends, children- all were allowed in these lounges if accompanied by a suite guest or D/above. Alcoholic drinks were freely taken out to dinner. As suite guests, as well as D members, we could not find a seat in the CL during cocktail times. It would appear the “just do it” approach works as it is unlikely that you will be challenged by a crew member. When a crew member was asked about children in the DL we were told – you can bring your friends.

wow I am really surprised about kids in the diamond lounge in the evening. I'm on the Liberty tomorrow. I'll ask if there is a new policy on this. I know last year Olana (spelling?) asked parents to have their kids leave in the evening. Not sure if she is still the concierge.

Archived