White Chair Cover in Dining Room

NukeTim

I saw a picture in the HAL site that shows the dining room chairs having white chair covers. Is that a special night and, if so, what night does that occur? We're going on the 7 day Eurodam.

The white covers were put on the first formal night on our cruises:D (most likely your first sea day on a 7 day):D

I saw a picture in the HAL site that shows the dining room chairs having white chair covers. Is that a special night and, if so, what night does that occur? We're going on the 7 day Eurodam.

and we have asked our waiter not to use them on our chairs.

It must be an ongoing challenge for HAL to keep these white chair covers clean, don't you think? :confused:

I agree, although I wouldn't go so far as to ask not to have them on our chairs. They are usually all wrinkled and don't look that great.

Then you might like the new ones that were on the Amsterdam last September. They were a stretchy knit that was soft, and smooth as silk. They looked beautiful.

I hope they are extended throughout the fleet.

Then you might like the new ones that were on the Amsterdam last September. They were a stretchy knit that was soft, and smooth as silk. They looked beautiful.

Those were very nice, indeed. I like the covers on the chairs when they're well taken care of and not all wrinkled.

I agree, although I wouldn't go so far as to ask not to have them on our chairs. They are usually all wrinkled and don't look that great.

I think they make for a special Formal night look too and normally I have only seen them the 2nd Formal night of a 7 night cruise. But I have to agree they look so tacky being all wrinkled :( This is great News Ruth if they are getting new ones that are stretchy and not wrinkled

There were no chair covers on Westerdam for either formal night the week before Christmas. Wait staff wore standard uniforms. I missed the covers an the formal uniforms and noticed it immediately. Kind of disappointing. Hopefully its in a transition and not gone forever.

just asking. with mdr food and service so lacking, with all of the issues over formal night dress 'suggestions', why is/are white covers on chairs so important? except for a few cruisers who want to maintain the 'old ways.' how far, really, does 'tradition' go? i mean, if they outfitted chairs in mcdonald's with white covers, would it improve the experience? only askin'.

just asking. with mdr food and service so lacking, with all of the issues over formal night dress 'suggestions', why is/are white covers on chairs so important? except for a few cruisers who want to maintain the 'old ways.' how far, really, does 'tradition' go? i mean, if they outfitted chairs in mcdonald's with white covers, would it improve the experience? only askin'.

Of course not, but it is a nice touch. Can see why itis only done on second formal night since first formal night is under code orange.

Yes, we have seen them on the chairs only the second formal night on 7 day cruises due to Code Orange and on our 17 day Amsterdam cruise, they were only on for the 4th formal night due to the 14 day Code Red situation. I too like those two stretchy ones - they do not wrinkle!

and we have asked our waiter not to use them on our chairs.

No opinion pro or con on the chair covers, but won't the MDR, taken as a whole, look weird with one table missing the covers and out of sync with the rest of the dining room?

I agree.... we like the new stretchy knit chair covers also. They are neat and comfortable. I'm trying to remember on which ships we saw them and I think it might have been Oosterdam. I can't remember.

Just off the Zuiderdam and the white chair coverings were so wrinkled it was very messing looking. Looked like they had been stored and rolled up in a ball and then put on the chairs. It took away from any elegant look they were going for.

Archived