Help finding cruises that do not start,stop or end in U.S.A. ports .

moda cruise

We always do cruises(7) in Europe because my family is Costa Rican so they need Visa to go on a cruise that starts in the U.S.. That can be a real pain it cost $150(non refundable) each they may give it to you ,they may not depending how they feel that day,then if they do get a Visa,when you Arrive in the US you have to go through some other person who will also make the desicion of letting them in or not.This could be very bad if they do not get in,not mention costly,.It feels like begging to go and spend your money somewhere.So we are looking to find a cruise for Mexico or the Islands like the Virgin Islands etc..But I have not been able to find anything that does not started in the U.S. or its terrory.Any Ideas?

The European based lines may work for you

Pullmantur, P & O or Thomson

Some do R/T Barbados

P&O has 2 large ships which begin and end in Barbados; Thomson has one ship which does the same.. They cruise constantly round the Caribbean all winter- I don't think they touch any US islands, as I've not read that the passengers have to buy an ESTA, which Europeans have to do if they touch US soil. ( an ESTA is a visa waiver, costing $14).

P&O has 2 large ships which begin and end in Barbados; Thomson has one ship which does the same.. They cruise constantly round the Caribbean all winter-

And your point is ???

I did say SOME do R/T from Barbados they also do R/T from Aruba

i did not ask the question I was replying to the OP

And your point is ???

I did say SOME do R/T from Barbados they also do R/T from Aruba

i did not ask the question I was replying to the OP

Whoops! Did I say something wrong?:confused: I felt I was merely clarifying what you had said to the OP with a little inside knowledge of your answer to the OP, which was why I quoted you.....I don't have a point other than that.....Sorry if you're offended.

Jo.

We always do cruises(7) in Europe because my family is Costa Rican so they need Visa to go on a cruise that starts in the U.S.. That can be a real pain it cost $150(non refundable) each they may give it to you ,they may not depending how they feel that day,then if they do get a Visa,when you Arrive in the US you have to go through some other person who will also make the desicion of letting them in or not.This could be very bad if they do not get in,not mention costly,.It feels like begging to go and spend your money somewhere.So we are looking to find a cruise for Mexico or the Islands like the Virgin Islands etc..But I have not been able to find anything that does not started in the U.S. or its terrory.Any Ideas?

Starting on April 26th Pullmantur will have their newly acquired ship from RCI, the Monarch, sailing from Colon to Cartagena, Aruba, Caracas and Curacao on their 7 night all-inclusive cruises. You can board at any one of the ports of call, AND the primary language onboard is Spanish.

I'm surprised you're having problems finding cruises that don't include a US port......there are many European cruises that start and end in Europe, and several lines do South America only cruises. I know both Seabourn and Costa do Caribbean-only itineraries. And, of course, there's a wide range of South Pacific/Australia/NZ cruises that get nowhere near a US port.

If you want to go to Virgin Islands, be sure to look that it is British Virgin Islands as St. Thomas, St. Croix and St. John (USVI) are U.S. ports.

Look at Tortola, Virgin Gorda, Jost Van Dyke etc

costa has some cruises starting and arriving in guadalope or from rio de janeiro

also msc has some cruises in south america

princess in additon tothe european cruises has also some cruises goin arnd south america

Archived