Celebrity just told me all in cabin must buy drink pkg

TMWOOD1012

I sent an email 13 days ago to Celebrity asking if both people in the cabin had to purchase the drink package or could only one of the passengers buy it.

I got my reply, finally, stating all passengers in the cabin had to purchase the drink package. I've read on here that's not been the case. Anyone sailed recently to confirm this?

Additionally, the email response came from Royal Caribbean Int'l.

I understand RCCL does not allow only one person to buy the pkg in the stateroom.. maybe since they're owned by the same company an incompetent person answered by Celebrity email.?

I sent an email 13 days ago to Celebrity asking if both people in the cabin had to purchase the drink package or could only one of the passengers buy it.

I got my reply, finally, stating all passengers in the cabin had to purchase the drink package. I've read on here that's not been the case. Anyone sailed recently to confirm this?

I understand RCCL does not allow only one person to buy the pkg in the stateroom.. maybe since they're owned by the same company an incompetent person answered by Celebrity email.?

We purchased a drink package once, and it was for my DH only.

Perhaps the agent who responded was thinking about the 1,2,3 Promo, in which case both passengers in the cabin must purchase the drink package.

Hasn't been the case in the past, except on 123 promo where if you selected drink package it was for both. I would suggest you purchase on board where you can more likely buy just the one package.

Wasn't true in February, my DH had premium non-al and I had premium package. They would have been happy to sell just mine.

If getting the classic or upgraded bev package under 123GO both must have the same under the terms of the special.

I have the Premium Alco package in July and Mrs. Withabix has the Premium Non-Alco.

She will probably struggle to get through the 2 bottles of Pinot Grigio white wine that we will be taking with us in a week, but may accidentally pick up the wrong glass occasionally ;)

TBH, she mainly drinks tea. It runs through her veins!!

I have the Premium Alco package in July and Mrs. Withabix has the Premium Non-Alco.

She will probably struggle to get through the 2 bottles of Pinot Grigio white wine that we will be taking with us in a week, but may accidentally pick up the wrong glass occasionally ;)

TBH, she mainly drinks tea. It runs through her veins!!

The difference here may be that you are still both buying a package.

I don't know if things have changed in the past year, which is when I last cruised, but I have always done a premium non-alcohol package and bought my mom a premium alcohol package. (We share a cabin, and I don't drink.) Also, my daughter and sister roomed together, one had a premium package and one did not have a beverage package.

It is so not true. There may be 2 people in the cabin and one person

does not drink at all. The other person does.....Celebrity would not

be stupid enough to turn down the money for the 1 person who does

drink because the other person does not....:eek:

I think whoever sent the email gave out the wrong information.

I think they are confused. On RCI, everyone of drinking age in the cabin must buy a alcoholic package. One person alone cannot buy, unless the are sailing alone or with an underage passenger.

As others have said, I don't believe what you were told about Celebrity is correct.

Its just the 123 promo that states that both occupants of the cabin must purchase the package. Not sailings without that promo.

And that makes sense....for example, one person couldn't elect free gratuities and the other an OBC. If the choice for the cabin is the drink package, then that's the choice for both.

But if you are just buying the package, each of you can buy or not buy any package you want.

My DW and I sailed RCL several yers ago and only bought a single soda package

You can by an individual soda package on RCI but you can not buy an individual alcohol package if a cabin mate is legal drinking age.

Its just the 123 promo that states that both occupants of the cabin must purchase the package. Not sailings without that promo.

This is the correct answer. If you are outside of the 123 GO promotion, 1 person upgrading should not be a problem. The issue arises for those who have the 123 GO promotion... where we've been told that both persons on the booking must upgrade to premium, if you desire the upgrade.

Wasnt the case when we did 2 cruises in February 2013.. I bought them online through Celebritys website.... What you should do (if not done already) is register yourself(s) on "my celebrity".. Then add the cruise that you have booked to "My Reservations"... This will allow you to purchase Drink Packages, Shore Excursions, etc on line....When you book the Drink packages it asks you for which passengers you want to purchase for, one or the other or both passengers....Well this is what I did and wasnt compelled to buy for both/all...There are many instances of celebrity giving wrong info. especially in regard to drink packages...If you book this way you should be ok, unless policy has changed in the last month or so.. Alternatively, if your cruise is many months away, wait for the 10% package discount which may or may not happen prior to your sailing.

I just got off the phone with a very nice woman from the Celebrity line and she told me that the way we drink, it would not be cost effective to buy a pkg.

I called 1-877-200-2897

See you Saturday at the Sunset Bar for Connections.

I just got off the phone with a very nice woman from the Celebrity line and she told me that the way we drink, it would not be cost effective to buy a pkg.

I called 1-877-200-2897

See you Saturday at the Sunset Bar for Connections.

Wow--DOWNselling? Unheard of. Here's what I would do. Save your drink receipts for a couple of days (or check your onboard account on your TV). Then see exactly how much you are spending on drinks. If you find that you are spending more than a drink package costs, you can just purchase onboard, prorated for the remaining days on your cruise.

Wow--DOWNselling? Unheard of. Here's what I would do. Save your drink receipts for a couple of days (or check your onboard account on your TV). Then see exactly how much you are spending on drinks. If you find that you are spending more than a drink package costs, you can just purchase onboard, prorated for the remaining days on your cruise.

This isn't going to work for everyone -- we just booked the 123 package --- we don't normally spend much aboard. We have the Elite perks, other than a little wine that is all we purchase. With the great deal we figured it cost us about $336 total for each of us to have the Classic package for our 14 day cruise, and we intend to enjoy the hell out of it! :D

This is the correct answer. If you are outside of the 123 GO promotion, 1 person upgrading should not be a problem. The issue arises for those who have the 123 GO promotion... where we've been told that both persons on the booking must upgrade to premium, if you desire the upgrade.

Hi Andy:

Since the OP has not been back, I wonder if he actually wants the 1,2,3 promotion, expressed that to Celebrity and didn't put that in his original post. Just a thought.

Archived