Azamara Cabins Thread

uktog

11 hours ago, Grandma Cruising said:

Anyone been in 8041 on Onward? Any comments?We have it booked for Bordeaux to Barcelona in September

Because of the extra CC suites on Onward 8041 is in the location of 8045 on the other ships, we had 8045 on Quest a couple of years ago and didn’t have any serious issues with noise. It appears to be well forward of the Patio and only suffered noise from the moving of sun beds for White Night in common with most N1 suites.

• Like 3

On 2/1/2024 at 12:57 PM, LoonBoarder said:

OK, based on the quick feedback - I will NOT open the spreadsheet for editing, so if you want me to add information, please use the format that's been the "standard":

Cabin Number

Ship

Month/Year sailed

Would you choose this room again Y/N

Is noise an issue Y/N

Balcony size Normal/Larger/Smaller

Any other comments (keeping these succinct so the spreadsheet does not grow too much)

I'm still catching up from older posts, so please be patient! Here's the link to the spreadsheet:

Azamara Staterooms Spreadsheet 

Hey there - this is not a priority but I thought I would point out that several of the cabins on deck 7 are listed at OV when they should be balcony/veranda. For example, cabins in the 7008-7039. I think the ships are all the same regarding this? The one I know personally is the Journey. I am booked in 7037 and it's a V2. 

On 3/1/2024 at 8:40 PM, Kryssa said:

Hey there - this is not a priority but I thought I would point out that several of the cabins on deck 7 are listed at OV when they should be balcony/veranda. For example, cabins in the 7008-7039. I think the ships are all the same regarding this? The one I know personally is the Journey. I am booked in 7037 and it's a V2. 

Thanks, I'll take a look. I based the spreadsheet on the original document, and may have done some unintentional copy/pastes!

I think that Onward was added to the fleet during the time the spreadsheet was in limbo.  Up until then all three ships had identical cabin layouts, so cabin numbers track across those three ships.  But Onward has a different layout on deck 8, so Onward cabin numbers do not track with the other three ships.  This will complicate your job!

1 hour ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

I think that Onward was added to the fleet during the time the spreadsheet was in limbo.  Up until then all three ships had identical cabin layouts, so cabin numbers track across those three ships.  But Onward has a different layout on deck 8, so Onward cabin numbers do not track with the other three ships.  This will complicate your job!

Hmm. Maybe another mini-project - add a sheet to the spreadsheet listing the categories and corresponding staterooms, by ship. Guess I'm getting bored in retirement!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I have a question for anyone who's sailed recently on any of the Azamara ships. On a couple sites (e.g. cruisemapper.com), they show staterooms on deck 3 - but Azamara's site starts on deck 4 across all the ships. Is there out-of-date info out there?

25 minutes ago, LoonBoarder said:

I have a question for anyone who's sailed recently on any of the Azamara ships. On a couple sites (e.g. cruisemapper.com), they show staterooms on deck 3 - but Azamara's site starts on deck 4 across all the ships. Is there out-of-date info out there?

Before the guest relation area was closed in there were indeed a few room on the 3rd deck: Before the Pursuit and onward.  I believe that those cabins are now crew, but I haven’t checked recently.  My last Azamara cruise was a year ago😇

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Benthayer Gonbak said:

Before the guest relation area was closed in there were indeed a few room on the 3rd deck: Before the Pursuit and onward.  I believe that those cabins are now crew, but I haven’t checked recently.  My last Azamara cruise was a year ago😇

We have been sailing on Azamara for over 10 years and have never known any passenger cabins on Deck 3.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/8/2024 at 4:26 PM, Grandma Cruising said:

We have been sailing on Azamara for over 10 years and have never known any passenger cabins on Deck 3.

There were indeed guest cabins on deck 3. They have portholes, but as Benthayer says they are now crew cabins/guest entertainers accommodations etc. 

Phil 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, excitedofharpenden said:

There were indeed guest cabins on deck 3. They have portholes, but as Benthayer says they are now crew cabins/guest entertainers accommodations etc. 

Phil 

When was that, I don’t remember seeing them, but maybe it was before we sailed on Azamara or maybe I didn’t notice them.

26 minutes ago, Grandma Cruising said:

When was that, I don’t remember seeing them, but maybe it was before we sailed on Azamara or maybe I didn’t notice them.

They made the changes 2014-16

To get an idea of the deck 3 cabins, take a look at the deck plans for Oceania's four small ships. These ships all sailed for Renaissance Cruises, of blessed memory.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Janet&Carl said:

I have been searching but cant find it - I am sorry to  have to ask but can anyone tell me where the spreadsheet attachment is hiding

Post #1 of this thread

• 2 weeks later...

Cabin Number 8049

Ship Journey 

Month/Year sailed March 2024

Would you choose this room again Yes

Is noise an issue Some scraping noise from overhead in the morning and/or evening. It never interfered with sleep. 

Balcony size Normal for CC

Any other comments No electric plugs by bedside. Two at the end of the desk on the side, not on top, but they were hard to access because of the drapes. Unable to access ship WiFi (unsecured network) if connected to a VPN. 

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, jcruizer said:

Has anyone stayed in Cabin 6061 on the Onward. We are on for 30 nights so the cabin is important.

Thanks, Janice

On the spreadsheet there is a report of 6061 on Quest which says no issues with noise. The cabin is in the same place on Onward so it should be the same. It’s over Discoveries bar which is quiet during the day and after about 9-9:30 at night.

I thought it said that they would not recommend this cabin. Something about a vent that made the balcony unusable..

Best I look again...:)

Edited by jcruizer

Has anyone recently sailed in 8068 on Quest.

Not much choice available for my chosen cruise.

It does not have favourable comment on spreadsheet.

Any feedback would be appreciated.