Azamara Cabins Thread

uktog

My analysis of the N2 suites on non-Onward ships (based on cutting up the deck plans and overlaying decks 8 and 9) is as follows:

•  8056 is at the entrance to Windows, and I believe that area is a quiet island

•  8060 is the next best, starting to get into the Windows traffic

•  8062-8068 are under Windows

•  8070 is under the door between Windows and the Sunset Bar (could be very noisy)

•  all the odd numbered N2s have bathtubs, so NG for me

I don't think this cabin has been reviewed yet, so:

Cabin Number: 8030

Ship: Quest

Month/Year sailed: November 2023

Would you choose this room again: Yes

Is noise an issue: No

Balcony size: Normal

Any other comments: It's virtually mid-ship which makes it handy for either set of stairs. 

• Like 1

On 11/18/2023 at 9:35 PM, Host Jazzbeau said:

My analysis of the N2 suites on non-Onward ships (based on cutting up the deck plans and overlaying decks 8 and 9) is as follows:

•  8056 is at the entrance to Windows, and I believe that area is a quiet island

•  8060 is the next best, starting to get into the Windows traffic

•  8062-8068 are under Windows

•  8070 is under the door between Windows and the Sunset Bar (could be very noisy)

•  all the odd numbered N2s have bathtubs, so NG for me

I've been in 8062 on Pursuit.

I don't recall any significant problems with noise from above. My hunch is it might be worse under the pool deck in warm weather, the fitness centre and maybe the Patio. The only problem our cabin had was that is was bang opposite the service door and that did make some noise, but nothing too terrible and often it was propped open anyway. At least it meant my glass of wine got to me quicker.

Cabin 7055 Onward

Inside cabin

We had this cabin for two nights! Then a pipe from the swimming pool broke, which meant we got no sleep while they fixed the pipe. 
We moved cabins to 7075, Balcony cabin. All fine.

• Like 1

Cabin Number: 8001

Ship: Pursuit

Month/Year sailed: November 2023

Would you choose this room again: Yes

Is noise an issue: No

Balcony size: Normal

Any other comments: Veranda Plus No noise issues, closely located to the forward stairs. We did not hear the noise from the crew door to the bridge, nor from the gym.

18 hours ago, Aardvaark said:

On Onward, there are four cabins directly behind the bridge two to port, two to starbord.  We're in "8802", supposedly a P3 verandah.  Has anyone done this one?

I’ve been in 8800, next door. No noise issue, couple of maintenance issues with furnishings that I’d like to think have been rectified by now. 
Despite the deck plan suggesting these staterooms may be larger, they’re the standard size balcony staterooms. 
the forward door in the hallway is crew accommodation access.  Bridge access is the other side. The hallway outside 8801 and 8803 are certainly heavy traffic areas. No overwhelming noise issue though. 

• Thanks 1

While I haven’t been in an Azamara cabin with a connecting door that was kept closed on other ships I’ve found it depends upon who’s in the cabin next to you.  One cruise I thought was going to be painful because it seemed the family and visitors were all standing right by the door while talking exuberantly about the beginning of the cruise turned out to be quite quiet.  The only times I’ve used interconnecting doors has been on land and they were extremely nice to have! We just used it as an archway between the rooms. To me the nicest connections are on the Celebrity Soltice class because of the way the doors work.  The entry way is recessed for individual cabins but becomes used when different doors are used to connect the rooms, adding square footage, slightly. 

is your question about what happens when you want to use it, or when you will be leaving it closed?

34 minutes ago, Mackdogmolly said:

How do you know if a cabin is an interconnecting one?

Look for this line across the dividing wall. We’ve  had a connecting cabin before and it’s  never been a problem. 

IMG_0011.jpeg

Edited by combine
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/22/2023 at 12:06 AM, SEA DOGY said:

Thank you Phil we appreciate and trust your input 

We are also in 8070 next year, no other CC suites available for us to move to.  Hope the noise isn't too bad 😞.

Edited by LoveChops

• 2 weeks later...

Cabin Number 6014

Ship Onward

Month/Year sailed Dec 2023

Would you choose this room again N

Is noise an issue   Y

Balcony size Normal/Larger/Smaller

Any other comments (keeping these succinct so the spreadsheet does not grow too much)

Noise from shows/rehearsals is terrible. Directly above band

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/11/2022 at 8:40 PM, Rotenmutts said:

Whatever you do, stay away from the very back of the ship.  We were in 7117 and the engine noise was intolerable.  Thank goodness they had 7012 open and helped move us in there on day 3 of a 15 day cruise.  Even the guy in the big suite 7119 wanted out.

We have 7012 for the Quest Feb 18 2024 Antarctica cruise.  So you say it is a good room?