"Themistoklis" - The new Cruise Terminal for Pireaus Port

Anapli

The new cruise terminal with name "Themistoklis" is ready for using by cruise ships.

This terminal is 500 meters far away form current terminal at gate E12 (old is at gate E11).

Now, if your ship docking in this terminal you don't need take the bus for go to old terminal.

Map: https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=%CE%91%CE%BA%CF%84%CE%AE+%CE%9C%CE%B9%CE%B1%CE%BF%CF%8D%CE%BB%CE%B7&daddr=%CE%91%CE%BA%CF%84%CE%AE+%CE%9C%CE%B9%CE%B1%CE%BF%CF%8D%CE%BB%CE%B7&hl=en&ie=UTF8&ll=37.938985,23.636484&spn=0.024674,0.038581&sll=37.938985,23.636484&sspn=0.024674,0.038581&geocode=FZDgQgIdTaRoAQ%3BFcHlQgId_JBoAQ&mra=dme&mrsp=1&sz=15&t=m&z=15

A: old terminal "Miaoulis" - B: new terminal "Themistoklis"

The new terminal has taxi area, parking for buses (not local) and cars and many shops.

You must know your gate when return with a taxi for example or if you have make a reservation for a tour: gate E11 for old terminal - gate E12 for new terminal! (tours companies know which gate will be your ship).

At the end of this year (2013) will be open and another terminal (Agios Nikolaos) next to "Themistoklis" gate.

Funny thing is both times we have visited there we were docked at the very very end.... in the U shaped area where the tip points to where it says Patmos/Pireus. It was on Celebrity and we definitely had to take a bus to the terminal (where the unsecured area started) Not sure where we will dock in October but we are on Celebrity again. We did get to see every single ship, ferry and anything else that came into the harbor go by ;)

Just when I have pretty thoroughly learned my way around Piraeus port, they change it! :D

By the way, last time I was there, about 6 weeks ago, I went to the Piraeus Archaeological Museum. They have some amazing bronzes there as good as anything in the Athens Archaeological Museum and it was just a short walk from the port.

I understand it is necessary to have a ticket before boarding the bus. Is there kiosk or ticket machine in or near the terminal?

Normally, in start stations exist kiosks or mini markets who sale bus tickets. Ask the bus driver where you can buy tickets.

Looks like it's not fully open due to customs dispute

http://www.ekathimerini.com/4dcgi/_w_articles_wsite2_1_05/06/2013_502649

I believe next days they will solve this issue...

One more info about bus tickets:

The bus ticket cost 1.40 euro and you can buy at most of kiosks or mini markets. Next days you can buy tickets from bus drivers too but with price 1.50 euro per person. This ticket is valid for 90 minutes and you can use with metro/electric train too.

I believe next days they will solve this issue...

One more info about bus tickets:

The bus ticket cost 1.40 euro and you can buy at most of kiosks or mini markets. Next days you can buy tickets from bus drivers too but with price 1.50 euro per person. This ticket is valid for 90 minutes and you can use with metro/electric train too.

Anapli,

Thank you ... does this mean that we will be able to buy our bus tickets from the bus driver in the cruise port this October?

Anapli,

Thank you ... does this mean that we will be able to buy our bus tickets from the bus driver in the cruise port this October?

Yes, they starting sale tickets in buses next days (first days of July to some lines and August-September to all lines).

• 3 weeks later...
The new cruise terminal with name "Themistoklis" is ready for using by cruise ships.

This terminal is 500 meters far away form current terminal at gate E12 (old is at gate E11).

Now, if your ship docking in this terminal you don't need take the bus for go to old terminal.

Map: https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=%CE%91%CE%BA%CF%84%CE%AE+%CE%9C%CE%B9%CE%B1%CE%BF%CF%8D%CE%BB%CE%B7&daddr=%CE%91%CE%BA%CF%84%CE%AE+%CE%9C%CE%B9%CE%B1%CE%BF%CF%8D%CE%BB%CE%B7&hl=en&ie=UTF8&ll=37.938985,23.636484&spn=0.024674,0.038581&sll=37.938985,23.636484&sspn=0.024674,0.038581&geocode=FZDgQgIdTaRoAQ%3BFcHlQgId_JBoAQ&mra=dme&mrsp=1&sz=15&t=m&z=15

A: old terminal "Miaoulis" - B: new terminal "Themistoklis"

The new terminal has taxi area, parking for buses (not local) and cars and many shops.

You must know your gate when return with a taxi for example or if you have make a reservation for a tour: gate E11 for old terminal - gate E12 for new terminal! (tours companies know which gate will be your ship).

At the end of this year (2013) will be open and another terminal (Agios Nikolaos) next to "Themistoklis" gate.

Does it mean the cruise boat will always stop at that area? (ie on the south bank rather than on the north?) I am arriving with Celebrity and would like to start planning my DIY in Athens (have been in Athens a couple of times but never done via a cruise boat before)

Seems like I need a bus to get the Metro station. Originally I was thinking whether it was within walking distance to Metro.

Thanks!

Does it mean the cruise boat will always stop at that area? (ie on the south bank rather than on the north?) I am arriving with Celebrity and would like to start planning my DIY in Athens (have been in Athens a couple of times but never done via a cruise boat before)

Seems like I need a bus to get the Metro station. Originally I was thinking whether it was within walking distance to Metro.

Thanks!

No, maybe stop in this terminal or in old terminal (A).

The walking distance from new terminal is 500 meters more than old terminal (if the new terminal is open... in other case, a bus will transfer you to old terminal).

Thank for the info anapli. As long as I know the ship always docks on the same side (ie southern bank) then I can start to map out the bus routes to metro. Many thanks for that.

I was on Celebrity Reflection a month ago, and took a few pictures of the Athens cruise terminal. Just give you an idea of what the terminal looks like. Sorry I cannot help on any transportation question.

Picture of the cruise terminal

DSC_7829_zpsbfa3adef.jpg

Celebrity Reflection pulling out from the berth looking back at the port (berthed at the very end)

DSC_7833_zpse335a389.jpg

Does anyone know/remember/can confirm that there is a duty free shop in the old terminal that sells wine? If so, are the prices and variety good? We are sailing on HAL and want to take a few bottles onboard to start our cruise. is there a wine shop in the new terminal?

Thanks for any help

ML

Was Reflection berthed at the new terminal? We are there in Sept on the Silhouette, prob same berth? Hoping it will be easy to locate our driver for private tour.

Yes Celebrity Reflection was berthed at the new terminal. You would think that the local drivers should know where the new terminal is located.