Am I crazy what ???

Yoyo123

:confused::confused:Going to cruise for the first time, if I am not busy with any thing I will be on YouTube watching cruise videos until I fall asleep. Sometimes my heart would beat so fast, I am so impatient that I would want to cry, the waiting cramp is killing me.

Did you feel like this before your first cruise?

:confused::confused:Going to cruise for the first time, if I am not busy with any thing I will be on YouTube watching cruise videos until I fall asleep. Sometimes my heart would beat so fast, I am so impatient that I would want to cry, the waiting cramp is killing me.

I'll admit to feeling extra excited before a "first" anything--I can't say that I've ever had heart palpitations or felt like crying :) Maybe this is just your body's way of dealing with the unknown?

Anyhow, have a good trip--don't over think it.

We were definetly excited, but there was no you tube back on our first cruise...........:D All we had was the travel agency brochure......:)

The wait for the first cruise is all part of the experience..........

Have a great cruise and come back and tell us all about it.

Maybe not to the extreme YOU'RE feeling...but remember...the anticipation is the fun part. Don't wish it away! Once you DO get on the ship, you will be surprised at how FAST your vacation goes...the next thing you know, they're shoving you off the ship.

So, enjoy the anticipation!!!

My first cruise was when I was a toddler (and, of course, remember nothing about) but since then I have felt the same way before a cruise. I love watching YouTube videos about cruising. It makes the anticipation a little sweeter! Hope you love your first cruise.

I agree with Sauer-kraut-join your roll call. What you describe sounds like anxiety built into the excitement. Connect with others on a daily basis (roll call), it doesnt matter how many youtube videos you watch, because it will be your expereince, and yours alone. Yup the ships look big in the pictures, but not as big as when you get there. Yes the food looks great, but you need to taste it. Yes the pools look big, but they aren't really-you need to take a deep breath and relax, because that is what a cruise is all about-time to be spoiled, pampared and relax.:) Hope it's great!

If you really want to torture yourself, go to Zydecocruiser.com and look at the pictures of food posted, especially when you're hungry. :eek: Just be careful not to drool all over your keyboard.:D

We are going on our 7th cruise in 6 WEEKS!!! As soon as we book I fall asleep at night dreaming of looking out at the sea and seeing the curve of the earth! It is so amazing to be floating in the pool while floating in the ocean!

Every couple weeks I change the wallpaper on my computer at work. I also look at every youtube video I can find and am checking Cruise Critic several times a day.

I love videos of ship horns blowing. I hope you get to experience it! We stand on deck in the pool area as we sail out of the harbor. I always cry because I feel so fortunate to be experiencing it all. We love sea days!!

Have a wonderful time!

Lin

Our DD has worked on Ship for RCCL, our 1st cruise was in 1987, she just left after an evening of reading CC reviews and watching You Tube stuff about our next Ship the Celebrity Reflection. She was not sobbing :rolleyes: but really would like to go with Mom & Dad in Nov!

We look forward to each and every time we get to set foot on a cruise Ship, like it was the first time.

You'll see!:D

ps: I have direct links to the port web cams set on the iPad, so we can watch sail away's!

Lol now I know why I feel this way, if you guys are still crazy on more than 50 cruises! Lmao Beachbum, now you wanna make things worse, I'm going straight to that site...my Facebook profile is a cruise, my desktop wallpaper, I'm so obsessed.

Maybe not to the extreme YOU'RE feeling...but remember...the anticipation is the fun part. Don't wish it away! Once you DO get on the ship, you will be surprised at how FAST your vacation goes...the next thing you know, they're shoving you off the ship.

So, enjoy the anticipation!!!

And heading home to book your next cruise :)

Your excitement is very very normal. We're going on our forth cruise and I still get chills down my spine. For me reading and writing about it helps. Learn to love the anticipation, its really a special time! Enjoy!

Yes and I wished away the whole summer and the cruise was over in a blink of an eye- NOW I take my time and enjoy the planning and count downs

You've made me feel slightly more "normal"! My eyes did water a bit when I read your post.......our first cruise is in February next year.

Jenny

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Forums mobile app

Whoa! Dude! Chill out! You're going to make yourself sick! :-D

The other posters are right. Planning IS part of the cruise and half the fun. Don't wish it away. You're already "cruising" right now. You just haven't figured that out yet! Once you get on the ship, your time there is going to go really fast. Enjoy every day of the time you have left before you head to the port. Watch your youtube and spend your free time on CC getting to know your ship and fellow cruisers. Happy planning!

Archived