Sequestration Effects July 7 Allure Sailing

Boy - talk about information overload. Due to sequestration, customs wait times have increased. We have been told to arrive at the port no earlier than 12:30 pm for our upcoming cruise on the Allure. We received the notice by email to both my husband and myself, as well as text messages and phone calls to both of us.

Now we just need to figure out what to do about the van service we have from the hotel to the port that is picking us up at 11am.

Maybe they are just playing mind games.

Lets see

Sequester (AKA)

SEA + QUEST (sounds like a fun cruise).

I know

errrrrrrrrr

Sorry, I hate that word for what it has done to jobs.

Sea Ya

Just a little humor since I am waiting for our e-mail for the following week.

Other cruise lines are doing the same thing (emailing, texting, etc. with warnings not to arrive before a certain time). I think it's just their way of trying to space out the arrival of the embarking passengers at the port and little (if anything) to do with Customs staffing levels. It's the TSA staffing at the airports that concern me although I've not heard anything to indicate any widespread issues there. :confused:

Other cruise lines are doing the same thing (emailing, texting, etc. with warnings not to arrive before a certain time). I think it's just their way of trying to space out the arrival of the embarking passengers at the port and little (if anything) to do with Customs staffing levels. It's the TSA staffing at the airports that concern me although I've not heard anything to indicate any widespread issues there. :confused:

I flew into DFW 2 weeks ago (Saturday evening) and had to wait over 2 hours for immigration + customs. Some people were yelling sequestration and groaning about democrats. I personally thought it was just a fluke that about 7-8 international flights came in within 30 minutes.

Nonetheless, it was the worst I have ever seen and I have flown internationally into quite a few airports in N. America and Europe. It was as bad as Heathrow!

We sailed on Allure 2 weeks ago and did not get this notification. We arrived a little before 11 and were onboard just after 11:30. We are emerald so were not first but far from last when boarding started. I wonder if it has something to do with the holiday weekend? Either way do not change your plans, you may have to sit in the terminal for a little bit, but I would rather wait there than the hotel.

We boarded the allure on the 23rd June. We also got told to show up after 12.30. Yeah, good luck. :)

We are gold.

We arrived about 11.30am. The gold queue for our deck had about 5 groups in it so we went to the normal queue for the deck and walked straight up. Checkin took about 5mins. No queues or delays for security.

We then went upstairs and were placed in a gold waiting area where they were feeding people onto the ship in rows. We had to wait about 15mins and then maybe 10mins to get up the gangway as it was full.

Arrival back, we waited for our baggage number, off the ship, bags waiting, and the maybe 10mins in the queue for customs. Any fruit? Nope, thanks and out the door.

There were signs about the sequester but for us it was all as good as I'd hope.

Keep your 11am shuttle.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Boy - talk about information overload. Due to sequestration, customs wait times have increased. We have been told to arrive at the port no earlier than 12:30 pm for our upcoming cruise on the Allure. We received the notice by email to both my husband and myself, as well as text messages and phone calls to both of us.

Now we just need to figure out what to do about the van service we have from the hotel to the port that is picking us up at 11am.

Apparently, the sequester has speeded things up, they used to tell you not to show up until 1:00.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Archived