If cruises were gone, what would you be doing

Hi

Before going in a cruise I used to travel locally to theme parks and similar. I got bored about that and I started going to all inclusive hotels. Now I'm doing cruises but I wonder if there anything out there better than cruises.

Thank you

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Hi

Before going in a cruise I used to travel locally to theme parks and similar. I got bored about that and I started going to all inclusive hotels. Now I'm doing cruises but I wonder if there anything out there better than cruises.

Thank you

Multiple cruises. :p

Hi

Thank you

I still like doing land vacations too. I pick a spot somewhere across the country or the world (ie: San Francisco, London, Southern Cali, New Orleans, etc), book air, hotel, excursions, etc. Love it just as much as cruising.

Hi

Thank you

I don't even want to think about it........NO CRUISES.......:eek::confused::mad:

Since I can't imagine not cruising, I guess I'd have to get a row boat and row about our "man made lakes" where we live. I'd pack a nice lunch with a nice thermos of adult beverage drinks and wear a nice big hat. Of course after my beverages, I would need to seek "relief" (may have to run home to restroom) then back to row boat. Of course I would bring my music, but not boggie down to much, don't want to fall overboard, didn't have that life boat drill! Then for formal dinner I would put a nice pasha over my shoulders, change the music to something sophisticated, snap some photo's and head to the other end of the row boat for dinner. I would have some nice cheese, crackers and fruit. Then for dinner I would probably have some bar-b-q, after all I'm in Florida! some wings, some pulled pork, slaw, potato salad and biscuits and of course adult beverage. Now, here comes the desert! Bananna puddin"um um, yum!

some more photos and by now I'd maybe fall out of my row boat, ah, but what a day it would be.

YIKES, I could do this tomorrow, but it sure would not take the place of a cruise.....so, I love Disney and all the theme parks and all inclusives, there is just nothing like a cruise

I hope I did not offend anyone, but I love to cruise and actually hubby and I did the above a few times and it was FANTASTIC!

I plan to take some rail vacations in a few years. I've always wanted to travel by train. Amtrak has some really nice vacation packages. First on my list will be taking the Coast Starlight through the Pacific Northwest.

Since I can't imagine not cruising, I guess I'd have to get a row boat and row about our "man made lakes" where we live. I'd pack a nice lunch with a nice thermos of adult beverage drinks and wear a nice big hat. Of course after my beverages, I would need to seek "relief" (may have to run home to restroom) then back to row boat. Of course I would bring my music, but not boggie down to much, don't want to fall overboard, didn't have that life boat drill! Then for formal dinner I would put a nice pasha over my shoulders, change the music to something sophisticated, snap some photo's and head to the other end of the row boat for dinner. I would have some nice cheese, crackers and fruit. Then for dinner I would probably have some bar-b-q, after all I'm in Florida! some wings, some pulled pork, slaw, potato salad and biscuits and of course adult beverage. Now, here comes the desert! Bananna puddin"um um, yum!

some more photos and by now I'd maybe fall out of my row boat, ah, but what a day it would be.

YIKES, I could do this tomorrow, but it sure would not take the place of a cruise.....so, I love Disney and all the theme parks and all inclusives, there is just nothing like a cruise

I hope I did not offend anyone, but I love to cruise and actually hubby and I did the above a few times and it was FANTASTIC!

That is a lovely idea:)

I LOVED cruising even though I've just done it once. Got me hooked so bad. I still love land based vacations of course. We did our cruise on April, and stayed 4 days in Miami once it was over, I enjoyed both things since it was my first cruise and the first time we were at Miami, its been my best vacation so far. One month ago we went to playa del carmen for my birthday (we LOVE playa del carmen, packed with people from all over the world, you should visit if you haven't!) I actually got to see the Allure docked in Cozumel and a couple of Carnivals on July 5th. I was sighing the whole time lol.

On October we are going to Vegas for the first time as well (!) and I am pretty excited

And on December we go back to playa del carmen for New Years, 8 days later we fly to San Juan, 4 days later we go on the Adventure, 2 days later we go back to playa del carmen and hopefully stay for another week. Then ugh, back to Mexico City.

I would say I am equally excited about land and cruise vacations, but if I had to choose, I would choose a cruise :)

Then for formal dinner I would put a nice pasha over my shoulders, change the music to something sophisticated, snap some photo's and head to the other end of the row boat for dinner.

LOL!!!!! OMG that tickled me! How big is this boat???

The fact that you and your hubby actually did this is so cute!

Trying to figure out if figuring out how my daughter lost her cruise points had anything to do with it....(oops thats another thread)!!!!!!!

We will travel to our favorite islands and re-live beach memories, until we sail into the sunset.

Sea Ya

Hi

Thank you

We used to do that also. But as we got older and the lines gt longer we started looking for other things. We also live to explore

We love land vacations too. One of the reasons we love to cruise is to check out places for future land vacations. Sometimes it's just a week at WDW. Sometimes we'll strike out and do something from our bucket list like the 2 weeks we had in Japan last year. Or we might do a rail vacation and do a month touring through Europe. Depends on the time of year and what we're in the mood for.

but I wonder if there anything out there better than cruises.

What?!!!

(Actually, as I have gotten older, I find my energy level has greatly diminished. A cruise is the best fit for me, and I don't even consider anything else any more. So if there were no more cruising, I guess I would be sitting at home. I used to travel a lot - Europe, Asia, etc. No more.)

Kathy

Sandals and Beaches resorts, which is what I want to go back to for my next resort vacation. I like scuba diving, sailing, windsurfing and swimming in the ocean everyday on vacation and I miss those things when I'm cruising. And I've been to Beaches twice and loved it. I wanna try Sandals. I like Club Med too, they have lots of activities and the food is pretty good too. :)

I plan to take some rail vacations in a few years. I've always wanted to travel by train. Amtrak has some really nice vacation packages. First on my list will be taking the Coast Starlight through the Pacific Northwest.

Empire Builder is how I'm getting to Seattle in a couple weeks. It's like a mini vacation on each end of my vacation.

Archived