Major changes to RCCL Visa program

bobinfl

MyCruise Rewards are also not combinable with restricted pricing including, but not limited to, RSale, CSale, Residential rates, senior rates, and military rates.

I use residential and senior rates all the time. Often, because they apply to both fares, are greater than C&A balcony discounts.

Probably more to come.

My Oasis trip is May 2014, I may have 125,000 by then. As it looks, are the new rules saying I CAN'T use that free trip for two people on the Oasis/Allure anymore. So, I should just use the remainder of the 75,000 as money off my cruise or obc.?

My Oasis trip is May 2014, I may have 125,000 by then. As it looks, are the new rules saying I CAN'T use that free trip for two people on the Oasis/Allure anymore. So, I should just use the remainder of the 75,000 as money off my cruise or obc.?

Wow I did not notice that, I guess because we can never amass that many points. Those were the 2 ships that you could get the most "bang for your buck" with 125,000.

You could use it for $1250.00 off the cruise fare couldn't you? Or just use 50,000 points for a free cruise for 2? 100,000 for 2 free cruise for 2:D

Only posting what it says under 125000 points

"• 5-7 night Royal Caribbean Caribbean sailing for two, excluding Oasis of the Seas® and Allure of the Seas® (minimum available oceanview stateroom). Value of cruise vacation fare for 2 may not exceed twenty-five hundred dollars ($2,500 USD value). "

What they need to do is send out an explanation of benefits/restrictions to people with this card. Also, we need to know a date when these restrictions begin. If the have already begun this is a poor way to notify cardholders. [surprise cardholders when they try to redeem points] :(

As others have said there are better cards out there. I use this one to get OBC. If that will not work for me I will use my other cards.

MyCruise Rewards are also not combinable with restricted pricing including, but not limited to, RSale, CSale, Residential rates, senior rates, and military rates.

I use residential and senior rates all the time. Often, because they apply to both fares, are greater than C&A balcony discounts.

Probably more to come.

The residency/age/military discounts have always been combinable with the balcony discounts. What this sound like is the rewards points are not combinable in a way that would give you three discounts on a single cruise.

Under the new terms, the 120,000 point redemption for free cruise cannot be applied to either Oasis or Allure. I have Allure booked for August 2014 and I redeemed 125,000 and applied the redemption to my reservation a few weeks ago - but the redemption hasn't actually been applied to my account yet. I was a bit concerned so I called the Redemption department at 1-888-305-4626 and was told that as I had already applied the redemption to the reservation, it would be grandfathered (i.e. honored). New 125,000 free cruise redemptions for Oasis or Allure will not, however, be accepted.

Hope this helps!

Alma

Only posting what it says under 125000 points

"• 5-7 night Royal Caribbean Caribbean sailing for two, excluding Oasis of the Seas® and Allure of the Seas® (minimum available oceanview stateroom). Value of cruise vacation fare for 2 may not exceed twenty-five hundred dollars ($2,500 USD value). "

Where do you see this? I just went out to the redemption site and this is what it says:

"Cruise Reward Redemptions are not available for Christmas and New Year's cruises; subject to availability. Cruise Rewards are valid only for minimum available oceanview, boardwalk view or central park view staterooms except for the 7-Night Caribbean or Mexican Riviera Reward Redemption at the 250,000 point level. The 7-Night Caribbean or Mexican Riviera at the 250,000 point level is valid for a minimum available balcony stateroom, excluding suites. To find out if your reservation is eligible for a Royal Rewards Companion Fare, call the Royal Rewards desk at (888) 305-4626 if you have questions."

Kind of hard to eliminate the Oasis and Allure if the wording specifies boardwalk or central park view as those cabins only exist on those two ships

Man, we were fortunate enough to get in on the 125000 points for a 7-nighter on the Allure next year before these new rules kicked in! I just upgraded to a balcony the other day and got my voucher re-evaluated at maximum value ($2500) to make the cruise under $400 total including fees and taxes.

There is a lot more options now!

Where do you see this? I just went out to the redemption site and this is what it says:

"Cruise Reward Redemptions are not available for Christmas and New Year's cruises; subject to availability. Cruise Rewards are valid only for minimum available oceanview, boardwalk view or central park view staterooms except for the 7-Night Caribbean or Mexican Riviera Reward Redemption at the 250,000 point level. The 7-Night Caribbean or Mexican Riviera at the 250,000 point level is valid for a minimum available balcony stateroom, excluding suites. To find out if your reservation is eligible for a Royal Rewards Companion Fare, call the Royal Rewards desk at (888) 305-4626 if you have questions."

Kind of hard to eliminate the Oasis and Allure if the wording specifies boardwalk or central park view as those cabins only exist on those two ships

Its under the rewards section under the 125000 section

There are 3 sections. Rewards, terms, and redemption

The rewards section has all the new stuff, not so much for the redemption section.post 38,39,40

Edited by setsail

These are the new program rules that were posted in the beginning of this thread. Scroll down to the 125,000 awards and you will see it.

http://media.royalcaribbean.com/content/en_US/pdf/royal_program_rules_8.12.13.pdf

Edited by molly361

It appears that the "Reward Options" page and the "Redeem you Reward" page are not jiving up completely. The rewards options page specifically excludes Oasis class, where the Redemption page (Bank of America) does not have specific ship exclusions.

I would be interested to hear/see/read if anyone that has the points can job the system and get an Oasis class booked before they get it squared!

Its under the rewards section under the 125000 section

There are 3 sections. Rewards, terms, and redemption

The rewards section has all the new stuff, not so much for the redemption section.post 38,39,40

None of this appears on the boa redemption site, which is where you go to redeem your points. If rcl has changed the program they probably should let boa know about it, donjathink?

None of this appears on the boa redemption site, which is where you go to redeem your points. If rcl has changed the program they probably should let boa know about it, donjathink?

If you are redeeming points on line you now will see the "old" redemption breakdown. It will remain this way, for the time being. The new Rewards Program is not in effect as of yet.

If you go to the RCI website and then click on All About Cruising and then Royal Caribbean Signature Visa Card you will see the "new" page. Click on this link See Rewards and it will show you the rewards program.

Edited by cruisenfever

What they need to do is send out an explanation of benefits/restrictions to people with this card. Also, we need to know a date when these restrictions begin. If the have already begun this is a poor way to notify cardholders. [surprise cardholders when they try to redeem points] :(

As others have said there are better cards out there. I use this one to get OBC. If that will not work for me I will use my other cards.

Very poor communication and we will do the same.

If you are redeeming points on line you now will see the "old" redemption breakdown. It will remain this way, for the time being. The new Rewards Program is not in effect as of yet.

If you go to the RCI website and then click on All About Cruising and then Royal Caribbean Signature Visa Card you will see the "new" page. Click on this link See Rewards and it will show you the rewards program.

Fascinating. I wonder if the new rules also apply to the Platinum Plus Visa card.

Fascinating. I wonder if the new rules also apply to the Platinum Plus Visa card.

Just talked to Redemption Center and was told that those that currently have a Platinum Plus Visa Card will automatically be enrolled into the new Rewards Program and we should receive a new Visa Signature Card in the mail. Any points on the Platinum Plus Card will automatically be transferred over to the new credit card.

Edited by cruisenfever

Looks like new people who get the card will be subject to a 1099 for the bonus 10000 pts.

"Bonus Points are credited to your account approximately 6-8 weeks after you qualify and they will count towards your maximum Yearly Points earnings limits. The value of this reward may constitute taxable income to you. You may be issued an Internal Revenue Service Form 1099 (or other appropriate form) that reflects the value of such reward. Please consult your tax advisor, as neither Bank of America, its affiliates, nor their employees provide tax advice. "

They have notified anyone yet...but I think we are going to switch to a different travel rewards card anyway. Even though we cruise pretty often with Royal Caribbean...we really don't charge that much in general.:)

Cant sail new ships and can"t sail Oais class ships so whats the point. Will any other card or cruise line take over our points or give some kind of credit? Will book another cruise line next time. Royal doesn't our business or loyalty...........................RADICAL

Cant sail new ships and can"t sail Oais class ships so whats the point. Will any other card or cruise line take over our points or give some kind of credit? Will book another cruise line next time. Royal doesn't our business or loyalty...........................RADICAL

It's not that RADICAL...Royal Caribbean has a lot of ships...I don't care about limitations on Oasis or Allure or new ships..it's just that there are other cards that offer points for flights and hotels and cruises too. :)

Does anyone have a copy of the old program, and do you know if it's still in effect?

TIA

Since written notice hasn't been provided to cardholders yet...I would guess that the old program is still in effect.