Live from Allure of the Seas - August 25, 2013

Daghis

I'm envious of you Marc, I still have a little less then seven months before we board the Allure. I can't wait! Thank you in advance for doing this review. I've been on her twice before but it's been a year and a half since our last cruise on her, so I will be living vicariously through you during this next week or so as you do the review.

Thanks again and I hope you have a wonderful cruise on the high seas!!!

Janet

I'm so excited for you!! You've already done a fabulous job so far and I eagerly await all you will be posting this week!

ENJOY!!

I hope you will post pictures of any specialty dining menus... and maybe the lunch menu for MDR.

Not much longer now!

I want to try carrying around my camera more to take more pictures, but I have to admit that I'm usually not as much of a restaurant photographer. Still, I'll see what I can do. Fortunately, most of the specialty dining menus are online on the RCCL web site, so that's something.

Looking forward to following your adventure Marc! I enjoy live reviews just as much as doing them myself :)

You will love Nachi Cocom in Cozumel. I was there in April and it was wonderful. I highly recommend the grilled grouper for lunch too!

Thanks! I'm very curious what Nachi Cocom is like. But, I'll wait patiently for it. I don't want Friday to get here too quickly! :D

Are you attending the prohibition party? We had such a great time, hoping to see others there.

Sent from my Kindle Fire HD using Tapatalk 2

No, we're not going there, but I will be in the Jazz on 4 club a fair amount, assuming they have a good group playing in there. I love listening to jazz, and hanging out in there with a glass (or two) of wine is a wonderful way to spend the evening.

Your pictures of the Prohibition Party did tempt me, though. It did look like a lot of fun!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

So here I am in that very enviable position... on the morning of embarkation day, aka "Day 1"! Of all the time on the cruise, I do think that I enjoy the hour or so before boarding perhaps the most because of the excitement and anticipation of knowing IT'S COMING! (Hmm... perhaps that sounds more like a horror movie tag line. :))

Once Bryan gets ready, we'll head down to breakfast. I'm not a big breakfast person, but a little something to hold me over until Rita's for lunch will be good.

Then it's a matter of packing up, leaving the hotel, topping off the rental car's gas tank, and getting the car to its home on 17th Street somewhere. Thank goodness for GPS apps! We wouldn't want to get lost on the morning of embarkation, now would we? :D (That actually happened before my first cruise and it nearly reduced me to tears, but that's a whole different story.)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

I also enjoy the morning pre-cruise. We usually stay at the Embassy Hotel. I wake up very excited, very early, and try to lay still in bed so as not to wake up my DH. Somewhere around 7:00 I can't stand it any longer. I have to get up, get dressed, and head to the lobby for a cup of coffee. I always sit outside by their pool area with it, I can hardly contain my excitement. About 8:00 I head back to the room to wake up DH. We head down for breakfast, then back to the room to make sure everything is in order. By 10:00, we are heading for the shuttle/taxi, and are usually at the port by 10:30. I am so bouncy in my chair at the port, that my DH always says "can't you sit still; you're worse then a 2 year old". I keep repeating "But, we're going on a cruise". He does not appear impressed, but deep down inside, I know he is just as anxious as I am.

Happy Day 1!!

We always get even more excited the morning of Day 1 as well and stay that way until we step foot on the ship. Then this calm comes over us and we realize we are really on a cruise ship and no one can bother us(work included!) for 7 long days!!

We went to Nachi Cochum on one of our trips to Cozumel and it was really nice. It was December and we were surprised how cold the water was, but we are from Florida so we are kind of wimpy with that! The food was great as well as the service and the best part was there were no crowds. They keep it limited on numbers so it was quiet in spots if you wanted it to be.

And I know you don't want Friday to be here so fast because then your cruise is almost over..... however our cruise starts on Sunday so Friday getting here fast sounds great for us! We will be patient though and enjoy your review to tide us over! Have a great time!

Wishing you a terrific cruise! I was on the Oasis in May and the Allure last year. The Allure is my favorite. Loved the BW balcony. In Jamaica we went to Rose Hall Hilton and loved the resort. Great place to chill. Bon Voyage. I'm subscribed and will be watching the sail away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Enjoy and have a great time on your cruise. You don't have to give us a daily blow by blow report. Enjoy your cruise. We will still be here to read your review when you get home.

.....But, we would not mind if you had the time .....lets say you posted from time to time:D

Sea Ya

I wake up very excited, very early, and try to lay still in bed so as not to wake up my DH. Somewhere around 7:00 I can't stand it any longer. I have to get up, get dressed, and head to the lobby for a cup of coffee. I always sit outside by their pool area with it, I can hardly contain my excitement. About 8:00 I head back to the room to wake up DH. I am so bouncy in my chair at the port, that my DH always says "can't you sit still; you're worse then a 2 year old". I keep repeating "But, we're going on a cruise". He does not appear impressed, but deep down inside, I know he is just as anxious as I am.

Your screen name appears quite appropriate, then! :)

Because it is meant to sound cool like you are on tv doing a broadcast?

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Ummm.......No! It is because it is live. If he waited until he came back and took a week to write it up, that would be more like he worked for a magazine, reporting the story! :)

Here I am at Terminal 18. Our plans went too well, and we got here at the terminal a few minutes ago. We, and about 50 of our new friends, are waiting outside the doors of the terminal.

And as far as the "live"-ness of this thread, if the cruise gets too exciting and I need a break from blogging, I know everyone will be understanding. Still, I'm willing to give this a try because I know it can be fun for me... and the others reading along!

Here I am at Terminal 18. Our plans went too well, and we got here at the terminal a few minutes ago. We, and about 50 of our new friends, are waiting outside the doors of the terminal.

And as far as the "live"-ness of this thread, if the cruise gets too exciting and I need a break from blogging, I know everyone will be understanding. Still, I'm willing to give this a try because I know it can be fun for me... and the others reading along!

Keep the review coming all of us appreciate it.

Keep the review coming all of us appreciate it.

Ditto, I really appreciate it. Just got off the Allure last month... Nothing like a live review to get by the withdrawals!!!

.... Refresh, Refresh, Refresh.... Come on Daghis, keep up! :D

All checked in! It took maybe 5 minutes to check in once we got through security. Now we are upstairs, waiting in the Emerald section. We're, not surprisingly, the first ones here!

We were given WOW cards at check in without needing to ask for them. That was a first for us.

Boarding should begin at roughly 11:15-11:30. People were still disembarking when I last looked.

All checked in! It took maybe 5 minutes to check in once we got through security. Now we are upstairs, waiting in the Emerald section. We're, not surprisingly, the first ones here!

We were given WOW cards at check in without needing to ask for them. That was a first for us.

Boarding should begin at roughly 11:15-11:30. People were still disembarking when I last looked.

Wow, I am excited for you. The feeling you have right now is the best.

Back in May the gave them without asking too. Glad they did as I tend to forget in the excitement of checking in. :o

Bill

Sent from my Kindle Fire HD using Tapatalk 2

Great to see that you are checked in and already in the waiting area :)

Archived