Your Top Embarkation Day Priorities? i.e. What do you do first?

playadelwes

Who makes up these lists? I don't agree with alot of those items.

I do find a bar and have a drink for sure though:D....hey Rick,

sounds like we do the same thing after boarding;)

Check to make sure that despite six or seven phone calls, I am at a table for 8 with 7 strangers, while my aunt and uncle are across the dining room at a table for six, and my best friends are seated with my aunt and uncle's best friends that they have never met.........and then somehow I get it worked out with the lovely Maitre'd staff sitting in the lounge helping all of us with dinning room issues.....

And for anyone who thinks this is exaggerating, I am one of the best friends (I think).

And for anyone who thinks this is exaggerating, I am one of the best friends (I think).

lol....you guys are the best......yes I am referring to April's debacle.....lets hope in 9 days I am pleasantly suprised when I go on my mission to Rendezvous Lounge...........

Did I say 9 days? Does that mean we are in single digits?

This is a family oriented board. How about we talk about the SECOND thing we do once we're aboard?:D:p:D

Years ago someone did a survey on the first thing you do and you would be surprised that the activity you refer to was very high on the list. I forget the percentage but I think it was in the 30s.

I guess we've been lucky. We're coming up on cruise #23 in March and have had only 1 time when the stateroom wasn't ready. Of course that was on Costa with 7 days of continual disorganization.

Normally, we go to the room and drop the carry-ons, put wallets and passports in the safe and go explore and grab lunch.

After that we check out the spa so DW can arrange ways to spend money on strange spa treatments. Finally, explore the ship and relax on balcony with some drinks until the muster drill.

It sounds like we all do pretty much the same things. Counting the 169 days until we get to do all this stuff again.

We check to see if cabin is available. If it is we go in with luggage. DW opens closet and drawers and sprays disinfectant. Also sprays all surfaces. We deposit valuables in safe and get something to eat. If cabin is not available we generally check restaurant assignment and then get something to eat. I usually walk around to see whose onboard. I know many crew from past cruises. Start unpacking ASAP.

what is it that he sprays? lysol??

1. Big giddy smile

2. Go to room if ready. Sanitize and unpack. By the way, I didn't realize there were so many other sanitizers on board - good for us!

3. Highlight the daily schedule.

4. Get some eats!

5. Make last minute phone calls before departure.

i will be another sanitizer!! what are using to sanitize!

You are not the only one! I cannot completely relax until I am all unpacked. We once traveled with relatives who lived out of their suitcases all week - I cannot even imagine doing that - yikes:eek:. Now that we are seasoned cruisers, we know to wait to board until after the rooms are ready and the crowds have dissipated. We drop off and unpack our carry-ons, disinfect the room with Lysol wipes, and then go have a bite to eat - where we go depends on the crowds and how hungry we are. Depending where we are embarking and what time we sail, we may leave the ship for awhile to shop or sightsee, but usually not.

you may want to rethink the wipes. according to the lysol website, they dnt kill noro... only the spray does 9 (formula III)

We typically try to get on board as soon as possible. Here is our typical first day:

• Glass of champagne on boarding
  • Head to specialty restaurants to make reservations
  • Head to iLounge to set up internet package
  • Bistro on Five for a nice relaxed lunch
  • Head to the room to unpack and what not :)
  • Hit the solarium, pool or lawn club
  • Muster Drill
  • Sunset Bar for sail away

Glass of bubbly as we board and head right to Bistro on 5 for lunch. We went here 3 cruises ago out of curiosity when we stumbled upon it. Now it's a tradition. My wife looks forward to the Nutella and banana crepe for a long time.

After lunch, we head up to the pool to gather with our group and stretch out those drink packages!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

?.".......... go to MDR and check we have a table for 2 and haven't been stuck on a 10 like usual ( love sharing at all other times apart from dinner). Then, with all that done, relax and explore..with a cocktail if possible ;)

So someone really intentionally screws up MDR assignments....because the first thing we do is go to the MDR to check that we have a table for 10 and haven't been stuck on a table for 2 like usual.

I do feel your pain!

So someone really intentionally screws up MDR assignments....because the first thing we do is go to the MDR to check that we have a table for 10 and haven't been stuck on a table for 2 like usual.

I do feel your pain!

Easily sorted. In future we book the same cruise and switch tables ;)

I need to take care of all the 'logistics' first before I can relax.

Make any special arrangements (special tours, etc)

Eat

Drop off carry-ons in room. If luggage is there unpack.

If not, wander around the ship and get my bearings.

Unpack if not earlier.

You get the point.

Until all that stuff is done, I'm not ready for vacation.

Sunset Bar at sailaway is a sure thing!

We were on a Princess ship in January and there was no Aft/Sunset Bar.

I was lost every day at sailaway :)

Years ago someone did a survey on the first thing you do and you would be surprised that the activity you refer to was very high on the list. I forget the percentage but I think it was in the 30s.

Well, it's a cruise. You have to work off those extra calories somehow!;)

OMG with the MDR. I always love finding out when cruising with my son that we are seated with retirees, and when cruising as a couple only that we are seated with kids. Every time. Without fail. :rolleyes:

On a positive note, seeing your own special view of the ocean for the first time, whether from your own balcony or the ship's rail, is worth all the petty inconveniences.

1: Obtain the traditional calorie-packed, umbrella-stacked, Pina Colada. It's been my first drink on every cruise.

2: Begin openly stalking the state room. If it's ready, unpack (and listen to the mocking over my type-A, super-organized start to our trip).

3: Lunch (and being happy that I'm not the one making it! Yay!).

4: Explore a bit of the ship, and scope out a prime spot for sail away (although, based on the advice I'm reading here and on our roll call, it sounds like I can head straight for the Sunset Bar on the Reflection!).

5: Sit around smiling like a fool because we are heading to paradise! :D

Champagne, snack at the aq spa cafe, then head to room to unpack, then to the Sunset bar or Oceanview bar if it's raining (& it's rained on every embarkation we've ever had. :)

You made me check to see when you next cruise is booked to make sure I am safe. Do you only have the one booked on November 18?

OMG with the MDR. I always love finding out when cruising with my son that we are seated with retirees, and when cruising as a couple only that we are seated with kids. Every time. Without fail. :rolleyes:

that's not so bad...how about a table of folks who don't speak a word of english.

Archived