New Meaning to "Country Club Casual"

Condocat

:)

We went to a Michelin Starred restaurant yesterday for dinner.

Since you brought up the subject of Michelin stars, I would like to mention an article that appeared in one of yesterday's SF Bay Area newspapers:

"The Bay Area now shines even brighter in the dining universe. The much-coveted Michelin stars were bestowed upon restaurants Tuesday afternoon, and with the results came new bragging rights:

"We [the San Francisco Bay Area] are now home to more two-star restaurants -- seven -- than any region in the United States, beating both New York and Chicago for that honor. And that's a record, according to Michael Ellis, international director of the Michelin guides. Never has a U.S. region had more than six two-star honorees.

It was Quince that put us over the top. Michael and Lindsay Tusk's San Francisco restaurant was elevated from one star to two stars in the 2014 edition of the "Michelin Guide: San Francisco Bay Area and Wine Country," which goes on sale Wednesday....."

The full article is here:

http://www.mercurynews.com/food-wine/ci_24364613/bay-area-sets-michelin-record-two-star-restaurants

I see a nice tie-in for Oceania Cruises. In the future, when there is another new Oceania ship to be christened, I think it fitting that she be christened in San Francisco, home of so many Michelin-starred restaurants.

Feedback and fellow cruisers sharing their experiences is certainly welcome and that is why we participate here. However beating a dead horse at this point is not. This thread on dress code has now grown to about page eleven. A bit ridiculous. There is no "winner" in an ongoing discussion like this. The only thing we can do is accept the things we cannot change or have control over and move on. Enjoy your cruise and dress the way that is comfortable for you.

As a long time CruiseCritic member, I am used to reading repetitive posts. What is old and boring to some is new to others. If you booked your first Oceania cruise today and were curious as to what people wear on board, it would be disheartening to hear that this subject is beaten to death. It is not to newbies:o

What a HOOT of a thread! If we win the lottery tomorrow, my DH is booking the next Oceania cruise in a Suite and wearing CUT-OFF overalls, with ONE Red suspender going ACROSS his chest, a straw hat with wheat (or fake version) out of his mouth, and some worn farm boots! :D

I highly doubt we need to worry about this bad of a slippery slope. :p

As a long time CruiseCritic member, I am used to reading repetitive posts. What is old and boring to some is new to others. If you booked your first Oceania cruise today and were curious as to what people wear on board, it would be disheartening to hear that this subject is beaten to death. It is not to newbies:o

I am an Oceania newby and I am sick of it. I unsubscribed to this thread last week and was astonished to see if still alive today. I wondered if I was missing something new, but no, SOSO.

As my husband said on our last cruise.. " If I paid $8,000 for this trip/ Cruise I can wear what ever I want" it does not bother me what others are wearing.. I don't pay to much attention to stuff like that.. Happy cruzzing !

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

As my husband said on our last cruise.. " If I paid $8,000 for this trip/ Cruise I can wear what ever I want" it does not bother me what others are wearing.. I don't pay to much attention to stuff like that.. Happy cruzzing !

Maybe on Carnival :rolleyes:

If the cruise lines has a dress code then people should follow it no matter what they paid

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Hey, you can smoke wherever you want too huh? After all, you paid a lot of money for this trip, you should get to do whatever you want.

Amazing.

The only advice to give newbies is the word SEARCH. Then they can find thousands of threads on all these subjects and learn all they need to know.

Wish you wouldn't recommend that. Searching isn't as easy as you may think. You come up with unrelated threads that may have the words "dress code" in them one time. Also, someone picks up information from a thread 2-3 years old and posts on it. This happened today on the "Luxury" board. Someone picked up a thread from 2010/2011 comparing luxury cruise ships. I posted that I was going on Silversea for the first time "in two weeks". I just completed my third SS cruise. -- my comments on that thread no longer apply.

IMO, we should continue to answer questions for newbies but try stop some of the bickering:)

Edited by Travelcat2

Wish you wouldn't recommend that.

IMO, we should continue to answer questions for newbies but try stop some of the bickering:)

I totally agree with you, not only for the reasons you listed, but because CC isn't only for information. A lot of what CC is about is chatting with fellow cruisers, getting a feel for the demographic, and simply being a community. Getting to know each other is as valid a purpose for participating in a board as any other.

Reading old, or even some newer, threads does not accomplish that purpose.

The best way to control your environment 100%, dress how you want, smoke where you want, eat when and where you want, etc is to rent your own yacht for your vacation. This gives more space for those of us who are willing to live and let live.

Edited by hypercafe

I guess my problem is that I understand completely what a dress code is and I think people should adhere wherever possible. BUT it's not an issue that should or could (for me) affect my cruise. It's just not that important to me what other people are wearing. Unlike the other two constantly repeated threads (kids on board and smoking) I am not affected by someone in jeans. jmo.