Oosterdam live from the South Pacific

Eager2Travel

I am using valuable minutes because we want people to know how impressed we are with this voyage. It has been a few years since we gave been on HAL. I was concerned after reading some negative posts and reviews.

However, everything is outstanding. The food quality is vastly improved. The service from the crew is outstanding. Everyone greets you and could not be more helpful.

Our most recent cruise was on a "luxury" line and HAL certainly compares very favorably.

Good going HAL and thank you for the quality

Sounds like our experience too after having first gone on a "luxury" line and found we got a lot we liked from HAL, including the far lower price.

And many things more that we did not get on that 'luxury" cruise. HAL is not luxury so that is not the point; but plenty good enough at the price to be a very good substitute for cruising basics.

Glad to hear you are enjoying your self. We had a great tour on her last year on our AUS/NZ trip.

Can't believe it's already time for her to be back in the OZ area. I was onboard her about six months ago in that area but it already seems like a distant memory!

I remember watching the Oosterdam start the Alaska route over the summer, but remember last year she also did the Hawaii route for a while. Is she no longer doing that run and now focused on Australia/New Zealand?

Hope the OP has an amazing cruise and looking forward to following along.

Today we are in Noemea and the cruise continues to be wonderful. I can not believe that 20 days have gone so fast. One more port, 2 sea days and then we will be in Sydney. Tomorrow we are treating ourselves to L Cirque.

We have been sailing HAL for at least 10 years and both DH and I believe they have upgraded their product. The entertainment has been very good and we usually don't bother going.

We are looking forward to New Zealand.

Today we are in Noemea and the cruise continues to be wonderful. I can not believe that 20 days have gone so fast. One more port, 2 sea days and then we will be in Sydney. Tomorrow we are treating ourselves to L Cirque.

We have been sailing HAL for at least 10 years and both DH and I believe they have upgraded their product. The entertainment has been very good and we usually don't bother going.

We are looking forward to New Zealand.

Excellent that you are still having a wonderful time! Funny how fast a cruise can go by when it is so good.:) Hope all continues to go smoothly for you and enjoy New Zealand.

Thanks for the update. Sounds like you are having a great time. When you are home and have a chance, curious how the seas were on this voyage?

Glad to hear you are enjoying yourself! Safe travels home.

If you have time to respond, I wanted to know about inside temps on the ship (I'm coming on Nov. 24th). Do they tend to by cold or hot? Some ships really crank up the AC so I want to know if I should bring a sweater. I'm particularly asking about theatres, Explorations Café, Lido, and gym.

Thanks.

I am using valuable minutes because we want people to know how impressed we are with this voyage. It has been a few years since we gave been on HAL. I was concerned after reading some negative posts and reviews.

However, everything is outstanding. The food quality is vastly improved. The service from the crew is outstanding. Everyone greets you and could not be more helpful.

Our most recent cruise was on a "luxury" line and HAL certainly compares very favorably.

Good going HAL and thank you for the quality

thanks for the post -- there are a lot of average posts if not negative - we are sailing on O next spring - glad to hear a reasonable and positive post

Archived