The New Celebrity Captains Club is Here!

danrad

I agree that Royal Diamond perks are better in some respects..esp. the nightly spread we enjoyed recently on Oasis, & the very pvt. breakfast lounge. However, the Celeb cruise experience wins out in all categories for us, including attention from the officers and staff, so we would not sail that ship again for those other perks!

/QUOTE]

The biggest advantage for me for Royal's perks is the balcony discount as well as the two you mentioned.

Tucker in Texas

I just noticed the switch-over today. I was at 8 points and had booked a Concierge Class cabin on my upcoming Caribbean cruise so I could get to Elite. They're now showing me at 265 points, which was 8 x 30 plus an extra 25 bonus points, with the message "In the conversion, you were so close to Elite level, we moved you up by awarding you bonus points.". I'm not sure how they came up with that number, but conveniently it puts me 35 points from Elite, which is exactly what I will get with my 7 night cruise in CC, so perhaps there was a method to their madness. Obviously if the new point system had caused me NOT to get to Elite after this upcoming cruise, I would have been very unhappy since I really only booked CC to get to Elite. What's strange is that given the wording on the site, I would have expected them to give me enough points to actually get to Elite NOW!

Not quite as bad as RC's switch-over a few years ago, which left me ONE POINT away from the next level (although I should say that I was one cruise away before the change). It would have been nice if this change allowed you to combine points between the two lines!

Edited by MisterBill99

I just noticed the switch-over today. I was at 8 points and had booked a Concierge Class cabin on my upcoming Caribbean cruise so I could get to Elite. They're now showing me at 265 points, which was 8 x 30 plus an extra 25 bonus points, with the message "In the conversion, you were so close to Elite level, we moved you up by awarding you bonus points.". I'm not sure how they came up with that number, but conveniently it puts me 35 points from Elite, which is exactly what I will get with my 7 night cruise in CC, so perhaps there was a method to their madness. Obviously if the new point system had caused me NOT to get to Elite after this upcoming cruise, I would have been very unhappy since I really only booked CC to get to Elite. What's strange is that given the wording on the site, I would have expected them to give me enough points to actually get to Elite NOW!

Not quite as bad as RC's switch-over a few years ago, which left me ONE POINT away from the next level (although I should say that I was one cruise away before the change). It would have been nice if this change allowed you to combine points between the two lines!

Consider yourself one of the lucky ones, enjoy your cruise and then your Elite perks on the subsequent cruise.:D

Consider yourself one of the lucky ones, enjoy your cruise and then your Elite perks on the subsequent cruise.:D

I have not read all 31 pages of posts here. Are there people who ended up being penalized by the conversion? Did anyone actually get upgraded?

I'm looking forward to being Elite as well as Diamond on RC when I book Quantum.

Edited by MisterBill99

I have not read all 31 pages of posts here. Are there people who ended up being penalized by the conversion? Did anyone actually get upgraded?

I'm looking forward to being Elite as well as Diamond on RC when I book Quantum.

In theory no one was penalised, some people got bonuses, others didn't.

Some (myself included) felt that perhaps bonuses should have applied for certain circumstances. (i.e cruises that had been paid in full, and those that were past final payment being recognised with the tier to point conversions). Others disagree.:D

Up until a few days ago I would have quickly agreed with you but, we just (yesterday) got off Grandeur of the Seas. Don't get me wrong, I'm still a -X- fan but, holy cow, has RC upgraded their program!

Very nice a Diamond lounge with machine made speciality coffee 24 hours/day. Same B'Fast set up as -X-. Unlimited waiter served Beer, Wine, and Mixed Cocktails from 4:30pm to 8:00pm with lots of servers available. Never ending self-serve hot appetizers like wings, fried shrimp, fried mushrooms, egg rolls, meatballs, etc. plus fruit, cheeses, etc. Hostess in attendance in lounge roughly 8am to 8pm. Lounge & cocktails available EVERY DAY, no exceptions, even embarkation day.

Diamond Plus and above had about the same but in a separate lounge.

Also, each a Diamond got 1 free 8x10 photo, 30 min internet, 1 free glass wine or beer, 20% off wine by the glass, etc. Pretty decent, I thought.

Also various bars had half price Happy Hours (1-2 bars a day) and about 5 of 8 nights the Martini Bar had evening BOGO from approx 6pm to 9pm. (This was for all passengers, not just Diamond).

Other observations: MDR food & service was very good and, surprisingly to me, was comparable to -X-. Windjammer food & service, and all entertainment, not so much. Biggest noticeable difference was the total invisibility of senior officers so unlike our experience on -X-.

... Cal

The rewards on RCCL are far better for each level than X or HAL....DON'T take my word for it ...look them up and be fair and real......D+ on RCCL is like Zenith on X and 5 star on HAL. I would take RCCL EVERY time if the price was the same and the itinerary was the same. RCCL has better ships (newer and refurbished ) and BIGGER with more ship board activities. I will admitt that X and HAL may ( MIGHT ) have better food.

I am Elite on X

4 star on HAL (after my next cruise)

D+ on RCCL

For a total of about 75 cruises (500 days)

The rewards on RCCL are far better for each level than X or HAL....DON'T take my word for it ...look them up and be fair and real......D+ on RCCL is like Zenith on X and 5 star on HAL. I would take RCCL EVERY time if the price was the same and the itinerary was the same. RCCL has better ships (newer and refurbished ) and BIGGER with more ship board activities. I will admitt that X and HAL may ( MIGHT ) have better food.

I am Elite on X

4 star on HAL (after my next cruise)

D+ on RCCL

For a total of about 75 cruises (500 days)

You telling me the rewards from Zenith member is not better than Pinacle member:confused::confused::confused:

Free premium drinks,almost like Free unlimited internet and Free laundry and etc.....

Am I missing something:confused::confused::confused:

Edited by iSailor

D+ on RCCL is like Zenith on X

Seriously?? :confused:

I am D+ on RCCL and I never noticed such perks as

• Complimentary 1600-minute Internet package - D+ get 45 minutes from memory

• Complimentary laundry -D+ get one bag per cruise

• Complimentary Beverage Package+

• 25% off Specialty Dining - on RCL you get a voucher for one free person on embarkation day

• Complimentary Extend Your Stay (where available stay onboard longer on disembarkation day)

• Upon reaching the Zenith tier, Captain's Club will make a charitable donation in the member’s behalf

• Upon reaching the Zenith tier, receive a complimentary 7-night Caribbean or Bermuda cruise (in a Veranda stateroom only) - this is for Pinnacle members

Edited by Bobal

I'm definitely complaining. I liked the old system better. I didn't complain about that one at all. I actually wonder who did (as Celebrity implies a lot of people were having a whinge) and what is wrong with them.

The people who had already made the Elite level complained that there were too many people who had made the Elite level, that it was too easy to obtain that level and that there were no higher levels to obtain once you were Elite. Go figure.:D

I was on a back2back cruise, and the second leg began on Nov 24. After that cruise, I would have been Elite. However, I find out today that the new system took effect on Nov 23 and as a result, I'm 5 points shy of Elite and won't be getting it after all. During the cruise, we were told our upgrade to Elite would not be affected. Celebrity refuses to give me the 5 points! :mad::mad::mad:

I was on a back2back cruise, and the second leg began on Nov 24. After that cruise, I would have been Elite. However, I find out today that the new system took effect on Nov 23 and as a result, I'm 5 points shy of Elite and won't be getting it after all. During the cruise, we were told our upgrade to Elite would not be affected. Celebrity refuses to give me the 5 points! :mad::mad::mad:

WOW!!!!

Out of all the complaints I've read (many of which are valid) yours is by far the most legit!

I can't believe they won't honor those 5 points. You were on one of their ships BEFORE Nov. 23 - they have to know that.

How far up the chain of Customer Relations have you taken it?

:mad:

Yes, I was penalized and am very upset about how CEL went about the change. I had 8 credits (now 265 points) and booked the 14 day Eclipse cruise which sailed on 30Nov expecting to reach Elite level with that sailing. We received a letter while on board telling of the system changes which supposedly took effect on 25Nov and we wouldn't reach Elite level with only 293 points. This was an arbitrary date and I believe it should have taken effect on Jan 1st, plus anyone who was in penalty, having paid in full, should have been grandfathered and credited under the system in effect at time of booking- or at least of payment.

I booked a lower level cabin since Celebrity would not allow the on board credits I previously purchased under the Celebrity Passages program (now also changed for the worse) against their earlier "special offers" despite being advised it was good for "most offers."

I'd be interested in hearing from others out there who were also penalized. Did anyone get any satisfaction from Celebrity? I received a lot of lip service!

:mad:

Yes, I was penalized and am very upset about how CEL went about the change. I had 8 credits (now 265 points) and booked the 14 day Eclipse cruise which sailed on 30Nov expecting to reach Elite level with that sailing. We received a letter while on board telling of the system changes which supposedly took effect on 25Nov and we wouldn't reach Elite level with only 293 points. This was an arbitrary date and I believe it should have taken effect on Jan 1st, plus anyone who was in penalty, having paid in full, should have been grandfathered and credited under the system in effect at time of booking- or at least of payment.

I booked a lower level cabin since Celebrity would not allow the on board credits I previously purchased under the Celebrity Passages program (now also changed for the worse) against their earlier "special offers" despite being advised it was good for "most offers."

I'd be interested in hearing from others out there who were also penalized. Did anyone get any satisfaction from Celebrity? I received a lot of lip service!

You may want to read my posts on this topic. I will not be posting them again or adding to them. Just want you to know that you're not alone and how some have reacted.

You telling me the rewards from Zenith member is not better than Pinacle member:confused::confused::confused:

Free premium drinks,almost like Free unlimited internet and Free laundry and etc.....

Am I missing something:confused::confused::confused:

Hello Sailor..what are your levels on the various lines??

Welcome back, I am glad that you are happy with the new program. I thought that the reciprocity with Diamond plus was left out deliberately, so that the lounges would not be swamped with members from the other cruise lines program.:D

Interesting, b/c the Diamonds who are allowed Elite reciprocity have sure swamped the Celeb lounges in reverse! Probably one of the main resaons they needed to make higher tiers...

And I thought I was slapped. You have been well and truely hit. I would be taking that up with the Captains Club people for sure. Good luck if you try.:D

And I thought I was slapped. You have been well and truely hit. I would be taking that up with the Captains Club people for sure. Good luck if you try.:D

I was told by Celebrity cruise consultant that Captain's Club is not making any exceptions! He claimed he talked to them on my behalf as he said 5 points in this situation is the worst he's seen so far. No luck. I decided to take my business elsewhere as I refuse to beg them to do the right thing. Very disappointing.

I was told by Celebrity cruise consultant that Captain's Club is not making any exceptions! He claimed he talked to them on my behalf as he said 5 points in this situation is the worst he's seen so far. No luck. I decided to take my business elsewhere as I refuse to beg them to do the right thing. Very disappointing.

That is a shame, I would have thought they would be more accommodating.:D

One short 4 day cruise will get you perks for both RCI and Celebrity. $50 worth of internet and three drinks a night are not worth the price of going elsewhere.

No one has a better program. It is the success of the program that forced Celebrity to make a stand.

Once exceptions are made there is no end to the consequences. Find a TA that will give you some OBC and reconsider.

Loyalty programs sometimes have the reverse effect when members are adversely affected but consider the alternative loyalty plans as well as the onboard experience.

I do agree that those of us on Constellation with the new level imprinted but no additional perks and fewer points as a result of the sailing were given a double jolt.

One short 4 day cruise will get you perks for both RCI and Celebrity. $50 worth of internet and three drinks a night are not worth the price of going elsewhere.

No one has a better program. It is the success of the program that forced Celebrity to make a stand.

Once exceptions are made there is no end to the consequences. Find a TA that will give you some OBC and reconsider.

Loyalty programs sometimes have the reverse effect when members are adversely affected but consider the alternative loyalty plans as well as the onboard experience.

I do agree that those of us on Constellation with the new level imprinted but no additional perks and fewer points as a result of the sailing were given a double jolt.

You make a good point, afterall does anyone just cruise for the perks?:D

It would certainly be very difficult for Celebrity to make an exception for only one person. You may be the closest person to Elite. I thought that everyone with 8 points received enough bonus points to obtain Elite on their next cruise which would be where you should have been after the first half of your B2B. Hopefully in time you will feel different about the situation as you are really close to what you desire. On one hand I am glad that Celebrity is being consistent by not making exception I do feel bad for you. Good luck if you decide to start over on another cruise line.

I would be pissed also but I would opt to go the short cruise route to get to Elite. You are in the Port Everglades area and X's last week special event sales had Z inside gty on Connie for tomorrow's 5 night sailing at $129. Also watch the Century 3 night sailing for Feb.12th as the ship is more than 3/4 empty for that sailing. I've been watching it since we are on the following 8 night cruise. This cruise and the two 8 nighters that follow it were only added this past summer as a result of the shorten dry dock for Century so it hasn't been available for a long time. Lowest price, for an inside, went down $90 to $179 just before the final payment date which was Dec.14. I expect the pricing to drop substantially more when X starts offering this cruise as part of their weekly special sales event which, IMO, will surely happen. We will be in the Ft. Lauderdale area already so we don't have to make any special travel arrangements to add the Feb.12th cruise. ;)