check in day

cabinboy1945

If you have sailed on any of the "Carnival family" lines (Princess, Costa, Cunard, etc) you can go to the MDR. Does your OnLine CheckIn show a 1starMariner.gif ?

If not, you can get a hamburger at the Terrace Grill out by the pool, but that's liable to be busy too.

I don't think the PG will be open for lunch, but you might check. ($10)

Edited by catl331

The Pinnacle Grill is not open on Embarkation day -- the waiters are on wheelchair duty as well as some of the dining staff.

But if you know the hotel manager very well - there is always the chance he will invite you to dine with him there -- in the private area of the PG. Trust me -- we witnessed a couple from this site having lunch with the Hotel Director and his wife on a ship a number of years ago.

You are absolutely right. I never saw anyone check ID's and doubt any of the staff care.

Interesting. We have always been asked our cabin number, or had to show our card. Having said that, I don't know if they would turn anyone away, there is always lots of seating available.

KK, why would you mention knowing the Hotel Manager in connection with the OP's question?

You are absolutely right. I never saw anyone check ID's and doubt any of the staff care.

We have always been asked to show our stateroom card.

One cruise we were seated at the table we had requested for dinner, what a coincidence.:)

The Pinnacle Grill is not open on Embarkation day -- the waiters are on wheelchair duty as well as some of the dining staff.

But if you know the hotel manager very well - there is always the chance he will invite you to dine with him there -- in the private area of the PG. Trust me -- we witnessed a couple from this site having lunch with the Hotel Director and his wife on a ship a number of years ago.

I booked PG dinner for embarkation day online. Hope it's open

If you have sailed on any of the "Carnival family" lines (Princess, Costa, Cunard, etc) you can go to the MDR. Does your OnLine CheckIn show a 1starMariner.gif ?

If not, you can get a hamburger at the Terrace Grill out by the pool, but that's liable to be busy too.

I don't think the PG will be open for lunch, but you might check. ($10)

What does this sign refer to ? I see it online when I go to my itinerary.

Edited by Thebes

We did sail Carnival a long time ago and we also have that "star" by our names on the online check in.We have sailed 4 other cruise lines in the past but this our first with HAL as we are trying them all before we settle into one cruise line. Thanks for the info on where to eat.:)

one star mariner. Two stars is reached after 75 days and we have reached the three-star level after a 100 days.
2* at 30 days, 3* at 75, nothing at 100. Next step is 4* at 200. The medallion program levels are 100, 300, 500, 700.

Thanks. Haven't sailed HA before and it's showing online. Does that mean I can eat lunch @ MDR according to the poster of the sign ?
Yes. You must have sailed some ship in the Carnival Corp group to be a 1*.

It is ... or you wouldn't have been able to book it. :)

KK, why would you mention knowing the Hotel Manager in connection with the OP's question?
Exactly my thought! :D Edited by jtl513

We did sail Carnival a long time ago and we also have that "star" by our names on the online check in.We have sailed 4 other cruise lines in the past but this our first with HAL as we are trying them all before we settle into one cruise line. Thanks for the info on where to eat.:)

I hope that after your HAL cruise you have time to come back and give us your opinions and comparisons.

I'm glad I read this. I was showing with a 0 level. I checked and my carnival information was under my maiden name so they probably missed this. I've emailed them and asked them about updating me to 1.

We have our cruise this Saturday on the Westerdam and wondering where we can go for lunch other than the Lido restaurant as being so crowded at that time?

Before you get into the Lido buffet line, find a table and occupy it (leave someone there) and take turns getting food. .

Another alternative is to bring your filled Lido buffet plates back to your room (make sure you grab some napkin-wrapped silverware). If you have a verandah, your first meal there gets the cruise off to a great start.

It will be open for dinner. It is closed for lunch that day so the wait staff can assist with boarding passengers. We too have embarkation night booked at the PG.

The system won't let you book a night that it is closed. So far anyway. ;)